now TNA PPV & TNA Xplosion gone from uk tv

michael21

• Paid Members
Why has TNA been dropped to SKY? because its in the deal Vince/WWE has with SKY is SKY shows TNA WWE terminates that contract.

How many WWE Fans will leave sky then?

Makes a lot of sence to me TNA looses TV deal? hahahahhahahahahha to be an online show which copuld crash and burn at anytime?

Pc goes wrong oh dear TNA fans drop like flys one by one WWE wins.

TNA quit while you are ahead.

Hello Mark, how are you today?

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

really??

Wow, that must be the x-rated Pugwall's summer 2 hour special ive heard about.

Or TNA..

To be honest, i haven't watch TNA in yonks, i thought that impact was a 3 hour show.. I dont know why i thought that. I gave up trying to tackle the bravo-TNA showings, i would casually watch it when flicking through channels and every time without fail it would be an episode of impact from months ago. I never got the hang of when the newest episodes would be on... mainly because im fucking clueless.

If nothing else, a new channel will be a fresh start and and i may be able to understand the concept of time and TV listings, a tall task in fairness

On the advance tv listings for Sky One, for week 4 (Jan 22-28), there are several 'Acquisition -TBA' placeholders in the schedules, including a 2 hours slot on Thursday, Jan 26th (10pm to midnight).

http://www.skyprogrammeinformation.co.uk/

That's pretty interesting and I'd be happy enough if TNA got into that slot, seems like the perfect enough slot for it but I won't get my hopes up too much yet, hopefully they might announce something in a day or two.

On the advance tv listings for Sky One, for week 4 (Jan 22-28), there are several 'Acquisition -TBA' placeholders in the schedules, including a 2 hours slot on Thursday, Jan 26th (10pm to midnight).

http://www.skyprogrammeinformation.co.uk/

No listing for Challenge in feb yet this would be a good home for TNA as it would be on freeview

have the PPV gone to no Genesis on Extreme Sports for the next 2 week and on friday there have Fight Girls 2100

http://tvlistings.guardian.co.uk/text-only...=Extreme+Sports

I reckon xplosion and the ppvs will end up on the same channel as impact. may be a good thing to have all on 1 channel. fingers crossed its a freeview channel

Got a fealing sky will be the tossers they normally are and slap it on Sky Sports, Bravo was free they need to make the money back they spent on the VM Chanels the die hard TNA fans who don't have Sky Sports would have to pay out for it if they ever want to see it again.

Sky never air any first run shows on Sky 2 or Sky 3. Both those channels are effectively 'catch up services' for shows that originally aired on Sky One.

A show like TNA Impact, that they've specifically kept because it attacts a consistent audience, is unlikely to be given away on Freeview.

There are rumours floating around on satellite tv forums that Sky 3 may be closing down this year too, with Sky placing emphasis on Sky One, Sky Atlantic and Sky Living.

Sheffbag, there has never actually been any confirmation that such a clause exists, either at all or on Sky Sports, because no non-WWE wrestling company has managed to get a spot with Sky before.

Thanks Classics, i know it is an urban myth but not sure if it is correct.

• Paid Members
Sky never air any first run shows on Sky 2 or Sky 3. Both those channels are effectively 'catch up services' for shows that originally aired on Sky One.

A show like TNA Impact, that they've specifically kept because it attacts a consistent audience, is unlikely to be given away on Freeview.

There are rumours floating around on satellite tv forums that Sky 3 may be closing down this year too, with Sky placing emphasis on Sky One, Sky Atlantic and Sky Living.

Sheffbag, there has never actually been any confirmation that such a clause exists, either at all or on Sky Sports, because no non-WWE wrestling company has managed to get a spot with Sky before.

This is correct. No such clause would be in existence, though wwe are one of sky's continued long term content providers, and to be fair, its a financially mutually beneficial arrangement, so there is almost no chance they would risk pissing them off to re-home TNA on Sky sports or Sky 1.

However, there would be no such concern sticking it, as I mentioned previously, on one of the new Living platforms, likely the one more targeted at men, which will likely launch in the next few months after Sky Atlantic launches (not to detract attention), possibly as a replacement for channel 1.

In the interim, I would be unsurprised to see it tossed around various late night slots on Living, and various other lesser sky channels.

Or to see Sky drop it entirely. An option still open to them, and to be fair a very realistic possibility if they aren't marking it as a primetime priority. I am aware it rates well, but without the potential sponsorship and promotion tie ins its nowhere near as valuable to sky as wwe, and without a permanent home it may prove a deal not worth doing for Sky.

This is correct. No such clause would be in existence, though wwe are one of sky's continued long term content providers, and to be fair, its a financially mutually beneficial arrangement, so there is almost no chance they would risk pissing them off to re-home TNA on Sky sports or Sky 1.

However, there would be no such concern sticking it, as I mentioned previously, on one of the new Living platforms, likely the one more targeted at men, which will likely launch in the next few months after Sky Atlantic launches (not to detract attention), possibly as a replacement for channel 1.

In the interim, I would be unsurprised to see it tossed around various late night slots on Living, and various other lesser sky channels.

Or to see Sky drop it entirely. An option still open to them, and to be fair a very realistic possibility if they aren't marking it as a primetime priority. I am aware it rates well, but without the potential sponsorship and promotion tie ins its nowhere near as valuable to sky as wwe, and without a permanent home it may prove a deal not worth doing for Sky.

It is featured both in Sky's statement and also on the Website as one of the prime Bravo shows that will be re-housed.

Archived