now TNA PPV & TNA Xplosion gone from uk tv

michael21

Why has TNA been dropped to SKY? because its in the deal Vince/WWE has with SKY is SKY shows TNA WWE terminates that contract.

How many WWE Fans will leave sky then?

Makes a lot of sence to me TNA looses TV deal? hahahahhahahahahha to be an online show which copuld crash and burn at anytime?

Pc goes wrong oh dear TNA fans drop like flys one by one WWE wins.

TNA quit while you are ahead.

Is it just me that does not understand what point your trying to make ?

I think he's basically trying to say that TNA will become an online show and that the reason for them being dropped by SKY is related to WWE. Unless I'm also misunderstanding what he's saying.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why has TNA been dropped to SKY? because its in the deal Vince/WWE has with SKY is SKY shows TNA WWE terminates that contract.

Makes a lot of sence to me TNA looses TV deal? hahahahhahahahahha to be an online show which copuld crash and burn at anytime?

Right, a few things you apparently need to be aware of:

• Sky tv bought out the Virgin Media TV Group, that owned a variety of channels such as Bravo, Bravo 2, Channel One, Living and Challenge.
  • Sky decided to close down Bravo and Bravo 2 on December 31st because they felt the channel targetted the same demographics as Sky One.
  • Sky have since said - in two separate press releases - that several of the highest rated shows on Bravo were being retained and would be shown on Sky - TNA Impact being named as one of them.
  • There is no exclusivity clause in the contract that WWE signed with Sky, preventing other wrestling shows airing on Sky, mainly because a) WWE thinks it has no competition anyway and b ) TNA is the only company to come even close to attempting to be a global wrestling promotion.
  • This has been proved by Sky saying - twice since January 1st - that TNA would be airing on Sky soon.
  • The deal with TNA Xplosion and TNA ppvs on the Extreme Sports channel (not owned by Sky, nor being closed down) is a completely separate thing entirely.
  • I'm not sure what you mean by 'TNA quit while you are ahead'.

I think he's basically trying to say that TNA will become an online show and that the reason for them being dropped by SKY is related to WWE. Unless I'm also misunderstanding what he's saying.

I didn't understand the 'quit while ahead' comment

I didn't understand the 'quit while ahead' comment

No, I didn't get that part either.

Just been looking at the BARB figures for TNA on the Extreme Sports channel. I wouldn't be at all shocked if their tv deal has ended.

TNA Xplosion rarely broke the top 10; the last time being late November when the show was the #4 most watched show for the week, watched by.... 9,000 viewers. That's like 1/10th of what Impact was doing on Bravo.

Last TNA ppv to break the channel's top 10 was Turning Point in early November, being the #2 most-watched show for the week, doing 17,000 viewers.

The top rated show on the channel each week tends to be either 'Mantracker' (a hunting reality show) or various MMA events, both of which usually attracts 30,000 viewers tops.

I think it's quite confusing as I have heard some people say Sky have a contract with WWE saying that they can't show any of WWE's competition and TNA is competition to WWE yet I have seen on the TNA website that TNA is already shown on Sky in one country and it has been named as one of the shows that will be kept by Sky.

What's confusing me now is how it hasn't been assigned a TV slot yet, surely it should have been at least announced what channel it will be going on by now. What's also confusing is how TNA seems to have been dropped by Extreme Sports but hopefully that means Sky want to show TNA exclusively and have their PPVs too.

Hopefully it won't be much longer until they assign TNA a channel and being on Sky will probably mean the picture quality will be much better now than it was on Extreme Sports (if they have done a deal for PPVs too).

What's confusing me now is how it hasn't been assigned a TV slot yet, surely it should have been at least announced what channel it will be going on by now. What's also confusing is how TNA seems to have been dropped by Extreme Sports but hopefully that means Sky want to show TNA exclusively and have their PPVs too.

The thing is, Sky closed down Bravo and inherited lots of shows, such as 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' and 'Sun, Sea and A&E'.

Both those shows got high ratings too (in fact both those shows have been Bravo's most watched show of the week in recent months) yet Sky haven't announced a channel or home for them yet either. The point is, TNA is not alone in this regard. It's not a case of 'big bad WWE stopping TNA from getting a timeslot'. I'm sure there are Dog the Bounty Hunter fans equally as mad that their favourite show isn't on at the moment.

I think everything is in a state of flux, as Sky is launching Sky Atlantic on February 1st, and may be moving some of their quality U.S. dramas from Sky One to the new channel, thus leaving open slots on Sky One. It's just a theory, but I think a lot of Bravo shows will find new homes on Sky One. Sky already announced yesterday that Spartacus was the first Bravo show definitely moving to Sky One.

Apparently the reason for TNA no longer being on Extreme Sports is down to the deal they had with TNA expired on December 31st 2010 and it was never renewed?

I think it's quite confusing as I have heard some people say Sky have a contract with WWE saying that they can't show any of WWE's competition and TNA is competition to WWE yet I have seen on the TNA website that TNA is already shown on Sky in one country and it has been named as one of the shows that will be kept by Sky.

I think (and im willign to stand corrected here) that the deal is that no other wrestlign can be shown on Sky Sports whiel the contract with WWE is in existence, that doesnt stop them putting it on an entertainment channel such as Sky 2 or 3 or the other stations owned by Sky. (ive omitted Sky 1 as they carry WWE programmign so i dont think it will turn up there.

I think (and im willign to stand corrected here) that the deal is that no other wrestlign can be shown on Sky Sports whiel the contract with WWE is in existence, that doesnt stop them putting it on an entertainment channel such as Sky 2 or 3 or the other stations owned by Sky. (ive omitted Sky 1 as they carry WWE programmign so i dont think it will turn up there.

isn't sky3 on freeview? could turn out well for TNA if they end up on there.

isn't sky3 on freeview? could turn out well for TNA if they end up on there.

Yeah Sky 3 is on Freeview. I'd love to see it get on a Freeview channel like Sky 3 as it should really increase their fanbase over here as casual wrestling fans who once watched WWE and no longer have Sky or used to watch a bit of WCW on Channel 5 or Heat on Channel 4 would probably give it a watch. It'd also be good for me too as we have Sky on the main TV but I have Freeview in my room so I could watch TNA without getting in anyones way.

Sky never air any first run shows on Sky 2 or Sky 3. Both those channels are effectively 'catch up services' for shows that originally aired on Sky One.

A show like TNA Impact, that they've specifically kept because it attacts a consistent audience, is unlikely to be given away on Freeview.

There are rumours floating around on satellite tv forums that Sky 3 may be closing down this year too, with Sky placing emphasis on Sky One, Sky Atlantic and Sky Living.

Sheffbag, there has never actually been any confirmation that such a clause exists, either at all or on Sky Sports, because no non-WWE wrestling company has managed to get a spot with Sky before.

Archived