20 movies you must (apparently) own!

Surf Digby

Edit again. Where the fuck is Commando?.

This. Every man should own a copy of Commando.

Agreed, it is the perfect action film. Plus it has some of the greatest one-liners:

"You know when I said I'd kill you last....I lied!"

I love that the script for the unmade sequel to Commando eventually ended up being Die Hard.

I'ld say Clerks is deserving as it kicked open the door for Indie films, while being highly original. Whatever you think of the film (I still think its great) Its a very important film.

The Matrix is a complete must watch, ignore the sequels, that first film is one of the best of the last 20 years.

I'll admit to not owning Commando, but ITV3 show it about 5 times a year, and I always watch it, so I'm not missing out.

On topic... I have all of those films on DVD except Clerks, and I'd consider them all good purchases, yes even The Matrix. The two sequels were so terrible as to obliterate the impact of the original, but at the time it really was a "holy shit" film.

• Moderators

Yeah the first Matrix is still a great film. I avoided re-watching it for ages because of the absurd hype and praise and the awful sequels, but when I did I found it had aged very well. Also it's a testament to its quality that it's as good as it is despite the leading man being a rubbish actor and the leading lady being ugly. (Joe Pantoliano is awesome as always, of course...)

• Paid Members

No predator either, what the fucks wrong with these people.

Or Robocop.

• Paid Members

No predator either, what the fucks wrong with these people.

Or Robocop.

Predator and RoboCop are both fine DVDs to own. Both good films that haven't aged badly (remastering/cleaning up the print for Predator wouldn't have hurt though), and plenty of decent extras. They're also not movies that appear on TV in their "pure" versions.

Archived