Wrestling News Jan 4th 2011

WWEFan1980

I thought id post alot of wrestling news for you all and will make it a daily thing for all of you is that cool?

I'd rather you didn't. Seems like a pointless way of flooding the board with daily threads, aswell as what others have said (you are just c & p'ing from news sites, hard to discuss this many topics etc).

To be honest, it works really well over at the football fan forum that I belong to. We have someone who works for the site that picks up all the news/gossip then pastes it daily for us, just like WWEFan1980 is doing. It has since stopped the board becoming clogged up with threads for each story.

Maybe you and Gladstone can mark this up as a thread to avoid instead?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought id post alot of wrestling news for you all and will make it a daily thing for all of you is that cool?

I'd rather you didn't. Seems like a pointless way of flooding the board with daily threads, aswell as what others have said (you are just c & p'ing from news sites, hard to discuss this many topics etc).

To be honest, it works really well over at the football fan forum that I belong to. We have someone who works for the site that picks up all the news/gossip then pastes it daily for us, just like WWEFan1980 is doing. It has since stopped the board becoming clogged up with threads for each story.

Maybe you and Gladstone can mark this up as a thread to avoid instead?

Suits me. Much happier sticking to the MMA threads and discussions on stuff from the 80s and 90s.

Think the point re jeff hardy's complete shit, wrestlings not a legitimate cometitive sport - it's entertainment. Of course baseball/football whatever couldn't be having that.

But record, tv, film, promotion companies - could not give a fuck. And why should they?

I don't mind the idea, but I don't think copy and pasting Mark Madden's shite columns is the right material for a "news of the day" thread. As SBA said, there should be a bit of thought put into what stuff goes in the first post.

I think everything substantial (and half the things that aren't) are still going to get their own threads anyway, so I don't see this thread concept as being about discussion as much as it being literally just a news update for the day.

But then surely you get duplicated shit all the time?

Plus really, I like to mostly choose what I read. I don't want to have to read a big fuck off post all the time.

I generally judge based on topic titles, even though I do agree that not every single little thing needs its own topic.

Think the point re jeff hardy's complete shit, wrestlings not a legitimate cometitive sport - it's entertainment. Of course baseball/football whatever couldn't be having that.

But record, tv, film, promotion companies - could not give a fuck. And why should they?

Exactly. It's a stupid comparison to make, and presumably in the hypothetical cases they talked about it would have something to do with the drugs giving the athletes an unfair advantage in a competitive sport. If it's just a question of morality, sporting bodies don't give a fuck - take our own domestic football league: Lee Hughes killed a person while drink driving, Marlon King battered several women. Both are back playing league football now they've served their jail sentences. Andy Carroll has convictions for hitting a woman and assaulting somebody with a slippery glass, and hasn't missed a minute of pitch time because of it. Jeff Hardy may be a bit of a twat, but his actions haven't given him any unfair advantage because wrestling isn't a competitive sport.

• Paid Members

I dont mind this as i too cant be arsed with lots of different news sites, but if the guy OP puts 'possible spoilers' in the topic title, and separates/edits the content at the start of each main paragraph, such as 'WWE NEWS' then all WWE content, 'UFC NEWS' etc etc, it would make it a better read and i would probs check it out.

At the same time, it does beat the point of having separate threads/topics for different information.

• Paid Members

Exactly. It's a stupid comparison to make, and presumably in the hypothetical cases they talked about it would have something to do with the drugs giving the athletes an unfair advantage in a competitive sport. If it's just a question of morality, sporting bodies don't give a fuck - take our own domestic football league: Lee Hughes killed a person while drink driving, Marlon King battered several women. Both are back playing league football now they've served their jail sentences. Andy Carroll has convictions for hitting a woman and assaulting somebody with a slippery glass, and hasn't missed a minute of pitch time because of it. Jeff Hardy may be a bit of a twat, but his actions haven't given him any unfair advantage because wrestling isn't a competitive sport.

While i dont condone drug taking :/

That sir, is bang on!

But then surely you get duplicated shit all the time?

Yeah. It's an extra thread a day rather than expecting it to replace the multiple news-item threads that usually get created each day. Like Mark Sloan said, it's just handy to have it there to read, and easily skipped if you don't want to read it. Someone else navigates through all the pop-ups and spyware on the newzsites so we don't have to.

I like it as it means no having to go to news sites with pop up nightmares.

Whilst the idea of a daily news thread sounds good, what it'll end up doing is sucking up most of the material that would otherwise produce other wrestling threads, and lead to less discussion.

Plus, having it run by an utter tube is a bad idea.

Archived