Family members you actually hate

wandshogun09

Completely hate my mother, she's a waste of time alcoholic that causes chaos to everyone. She married an American in 2001 and I reluctantly lived in California from 03/04 whilst I was getting a green card, she caused that much shit and arguments whilst being drunk that I had to return to England prematurely and missed out on my green card. I was also told by my nan who I live with that when I was very little she had to rescue me from where my mom was living as I was hiding under the bed crying and my bottle of milk had mould all over it.

Shes ruined countless birthday for me by being paraletic and embarrasing and shouting obscenities consistantly. Even this Christmas she decided to get bladdered now she's living back with us in England because she's a waste of space and my nan refuses to kick her daughter out even though she's abused my nan verbally hundreds of times, called the police out on false charges, called ambulances for no real injury, swore and called people all sorts of things in family friends homes when there are 8 year old kids around.

She's just really a really awful awful person to be around and I completely detest her for it, people keep saying to me "you only get one mom" but I'd be happier without her in my life. Theres a huge list of shit she's pulled which I could go through, but its tough remembering all of them, suffice to say she's a waste of space and I can't wait for the day I never have to see her again, I have zero feelings for her whatsoever other then contempt.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not nearly as bad as some previous posts, but I find my Grandpa to be quite annoying right now.

It all started when he went in for heart surgery a couple of years ago. Before then he was a little bulchy but nothing major, then he had the surgery and since then he wants the family to tend to his every whim. At first it was a little irksome, when he was in the hospital and he blatantly put things on (one day he was sat with his left arm behind his head talking to us and when we brought it up he claimed he couldn't raise it over his chest.) but now it's been years and he's still at it. My dad isn't permitted to talk to talk to him because my Granpa wanted to open a savings account for my baby brother and demanded my dad sort it out, my dad pointed out that he was working everyday and my Granpa could do it instead, my Granpa told him to bugger off.

Worse thing is the stress it's put my uncle and auntie through. My uncle is the most laid back and friendly man you could meet but last year he told me 'Christine (his wife) could say dad I'll move in with you and look after you, but I would have to get a divorce and leave my family, and he would say fine.' Sad thing is I can't say it isn't true. Now my uncles mother has terminal cancer and my Granpa is playing is old tricks again. It's really quite selfish.

I can't say I won't speak to my Granpa again but I use to really enjoy being around him, now it's just very demoralising, and my poor auntie always puts herself out for him and gets little or no thanks.

Archived