WWE Raw 3/1/2011 Discussion

WWEFan1980

Tonight's edition of WWE Raw will be broadcast live from The US Airways Arena in Phoenix, Az

The opening match for WWE Raw tonight will feature The Miz taking on John Morrison for the WWE Title.

WWE is billing Miz vs. Morrison, which will be a Falls Count Anywhere match, as the "first match of 2011."

Why is The Miz & Morrison on 1st?

From Miz's offical twitter...

What better way to start 2011 then with a media day at 6am. 1st Raw of the year tonight, Miz vs Morrison falls count anywhere. Doing it big.

I've been looking forward to Raw all week, the Miz vs. Morrison match looks like it'll be good although now finding out it's on first has made me a little doubtful as it may just be used to be a big set up for the main event or the Rumble. I can't wait to see what happens regarding Punk and Nexus though, that's going to be interesting!

They need to start hyping up the Rumble too, I need some Rumble qualifiers!

Can't decide if this match on Raw is a good thing for Morrison, it could be his title shot is being shoved out of the way on Raw or they are building to something with it. I think it will be a screwy finish but he won't get a rematch for some reason or another, then he wins the rumble to get a shot at the Miz.

Maybe they are going to repeat the Jericho vs. Triple H angle from several years ago (2000?). I.e. Morrison wins the belt via a dodgy ref call (maybe Lawler makes the count) and Miz spends the rest of the episode claiming hes lost the title due to a unofficial ref getting involved and eventually gets the match decision reveresed.

From rajah.com

Tonite's RAW will also feature follow-up on CM Punk appearing to join Nexus at the end of last week's show. With the Royal Rumble taking place later this month, expect to see Royal Rumble qualifying matches as early as tonight.

From rajah.com

Tonite's RAW will also feature follow-up on CM Punk appearing to join Nexus at the end of last week's show. With the Royal Rumble taking place later this month, expect to see Royal Rumble qualifying matches as early as tonight.

That's typical lazy "newz". Of course there's going to be some follow up to the Nexus angle. And then they go on to say that there could well be some Rumble qualifying matches tonight because the Rumble is soon, but they don't say there definitely will be, so if there aren't, they haven't said anything wrong. Such a nothing piece.

So Miz V Morrison will last several minutes, Riley will get Miz DQ'ed, Orton will hit the ring. MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE etc..... Miz and Riley V Morrison and Orton later on in the show. Morrison and Orton will squable, Rumble will be Miz v Morrison v Orton.

So Miz V Morrison will last several minutes, Riley will get Miz DQ'ed, Orton will hit the ring. MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE etc..... Miz and Riley V Morrison and Orton later on in the show. Morrison and Orton will squable, Rumble will be Miz v Morrison v Orton.

How does a dq work in a falls count anywhere match?

Archived