Pete Postlethwaite has died aged 64

WWFChilli

• Paid Members

Famous Warrington actor Postlethwaite died on 2 January 2011 after suffering from cancer.

I interviewed him in Liverpool not too long back shame, he was pretty much bang on in most his performances

RIP

• Paid Members

I was only mentioning his performance in In The Name Of The Father on here a couple of weeks ago too. He was a cracking character actor who even did well when he was completely miscast, as he was as Kobayashi in The Usual Suspects. RIP.

• Paid Members

That's a shame. I'm not particularly a film person, but I remember first coming across him playing Giuseppe Conlon (?) in In the name of the father.

I shall remember his memorable portrayal of Obadiah Hakeswill in Sharpe: "Your wife's got fine teats, an' I means to 'ave 'em!" He really brought that monster to life and made him his own.

What was he in before the early 90s? Can't remember seeing him in anything earlier than that.

I'm guessing he was still working in Theatre, as that is where his acreer started in the 70s. He was in a number of memorable films from my teenage years when my love for films started The Last of the Mohicans , Alien 3, The Usual Suspects, Romeo + Juliet, etc.

Archived