Matt Hardy is at it again

Big Bully Busick

Making big promises about changing the face of Wrestling when you most likely wont? I think you and Dixie will get on just fine

I liked that one :laugh:

it makes me laugh saying PG Sux, whether it be a former employee or a fan, although some people gre up in the attitude era, most, including Matt were inspired to wrestle or got into wrestling because of a PG product, the guy has zero credibility nowadays and has for a while now. It also seems like most of the backlash for Matt has come about only since he started these stupid uploads

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Change Pro Wrestling forever???

Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and Jake Roberts have all made the same statements in the past....the results where???

A clean and sober Jake could probably book some great TV. Shit A crack addled Jake could probably book a better TNA show than they have right now. :laugh:

I still think he's absolute brilliant me, just look at the way he says "forever" several times and in different tones towards the end of the video... I believe him.

Yeah, I didn't believe it when he first said it, but then when he shouted it at the camera again... THEN I was like, oh right he must mean it.

The whole 'PG SUX' stuff is tragic.

I'll defend Hardy as a worker because I don't think he's close to as bad as is made out by 'the IWC' and is actually one of the few guys who seems to still add the little touches in terms of selling, facial expressions, and getting a reaction from the live crowd, etc. which is probably a big part of how he lasted so long but that is just stupid.

You would think he would realise that a lot of his fans are kids, women and older fans (and older fans and their kids) who would be the ones who might appreciate a traditional type babyface such as himself or Cena. I don't think he's someone who would be as popular if the product was aimed just at guys in their mid-teens to early twenties. Hell, if I was 15 again I'd probably hate both those guys (for obvious reasons) the way some people in that age group hated the Rock N Rolls/Steamboat and loved The Midnight Express/Flair!

Matt's been needing a haircut for years and at one point combined with a push might have helped reinvent him a bit, obviously now it's too late and everyone hates him, a haircut's still a good idea though.

If they were going to go that route they should have done it when he turned heel in 2009 (at the same time he got new ring gear).

When he was teaming with Regal would have been a good time for it, IMO. Since his wrestling style for the past few years was basically early 90s babyface era Bobby Eaton with a bit of 80s babyface Dirty Dick Slater and Dave Taylor/other stiff-looking WoS heavyweight thrown in there, would have been fun to see them repeat the angle they did with The Blue Bloods in WCW but with Matt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ApH5c8kr4

Those two had potential as a team. Two stiff veterans who act as Vickie Guerrero's version of the APA could have worked.

As a babyface the last year he was playing a gimmick that was basically WWF's version of Tommy Dreamer - veteran who gets mocked and beaten up by the McIntyre's and Rhodes' of the world but keeps fighting back in painful looking matches so him having a similar look to his prime but looking much older/more beaten down by the hands time actually fitted the character he had.

Archived