Cats

SpiralTap

• Paid Members
Does anyone else have a cat that displays what you would describe as "Odd behaviour"?

All the cats ive owned have been a little special (they take after their owner) but my current feline friend is quite the odd ball.

Specifically this cat likes to be beaten up, not in a punch in the face kinda way but slaps on the rump, his favourite is getting me to slap him about while he scratches at his scratch post :confused:

He will run to the post, hold on to it and wait for me to start hitting him before he starts scratching!

The other odd thing that ive never seen before is he likes me pulling on his ears and sometimes holding his face in my hand, he actually puts his face or ears in my hand so i will do it and starts puring like an idiot.

Is my cat odd or is this actually quite normal?

Interesting. Tell me, how does he respond when you stuff a couple of notes down his bra?

• Paid Members

Well unless he worsened over night then I'm not too sure. He was drastically under weight, but at in no way did I think he looked frail. He wasn't doing any of the things he used to though. He wasn't jumping about, not running and not looking the way of you as often as he used to. In a way I'm pretty sure he was dying. I'm just speculating though. Not really had the balls to ask my mother if the cats condition had worsened. She's been distraught about it. She's a huge cat lover.

Went to work, came back and was greeted with the news that the cat had been taken to the vet and was put down. Not the nicest way to end the day.

Also, another thing that's annoying is that I am still pussyfooting (no pun intended) around making sure I don't step on the cat and I am opening doors with care incase he is sat behind one. That's annoying when you realise the cat isn't here anymore.

Well, they do say cats take on the personalities of their owners... ;)

It's my missus cat actually. :( To be fair she has been a bit of a twat recently.

I was dead set against having another cat (we already had one) but the missus kept bugging me and then said I could buy a HDTV if she could get another cat. I'd quite happily give up the TV now so long as the cat disappears. :(

Archived