R.I.P. Bravo - a friend to U.K. wrestling fans for well over a decade

ClassicsGuy

Sky is closing down Bravo because they think it is targetting the same demographic as Sky One, and thus despite the good ratings that Bravo gets, they felt it was taking away potential audiences from Sky One.

Apparently Sky are unaware that the only reason anyone watches Sky One at all is for repeats of The Simpsons.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has nowhere else picked TNA up then? :(

I think it's not that a channel hasn't picked it up it can only go on whatever channel Sky owns so technically Sky have picked it up they just haven't decided where they are going to put it.

Sky is closing down Bravo because they think it is targetting the same demographic as Sky One, and thus despite the good ratings that Bravo gets, they felt it was taking away potential audiences from Sky One.

Apparently Sky are unaware that the only reason anyone watches Sky One at all is for repeats of The Simpsons.

Couldn't that be the point they know Sky One isn't watched as much as it once was and part of that reason is other channels like Bravo have the programming ppl want to watch and stuff like they used to show years ago I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Bravos top shows end up on Sky One.

• Paid Members

Thanks for the OP ClassicsGuy, there was a lot that Bravo has done for wrestling over the years that I forgot about.

Bravo was the first place I watched ECW and the likes of Mike Awesome, Spike Dudley, Masato Tanaka, Rhino, The Sandman and RVD. The British Revival show really helped open my eyes to the British industry and appreciate the talet that this country has to offer. I have Sky+ recorded Impact every week since Wolfe's debut (although didn't watch all of them, but it's more than an effort I've ever made for TNA) because they were easily accessible.

RIP Bravo

Archived