Nash tweets about Jackson Andrews

Snitsky's back acne

I forget who said it but I remember reading how he was the only person in that Rumble Benoit won not to get a reaction - which was true but you've got to give someone a chance. Instead some online fans had already determined he had "no charisma" and 'wasn't cut out for the big time'/only worked in OVW and he was popping up in "Who would you release"-type threads when it seemed he'd only been there for a cup of coffee. A year or so later, after another run too short to really make an impact (this time in the aforementioned "mysterious bodyguard gimmick") he was released.

But on the other side of that coin, there are others who some fans have absurd levels of patience with. Look at Paul Burchill. There were online fans still calling him a star-in-waiting and hoping his Hurricane feud would lead to an ECW title win, even after he'd been boring up the WWE for about four or five years.

I personally don't "get" the love for Nash. He has been a useless article for well over a decade. All he does is come out with some funny lines now and again.

My sentiments exactly.

I first thought it was some kind of forum wide long running in joke like the ones that have come and gone for other less than stellar performers. I now think that it has become a kind of self fulfilling prophecy and people really have convinced themselves and others that he is amazing.

I

I personally think that the Paparazzi Promotions skits in TNA were the last time that either WWE or TNA featured genuinely funny comedy. Nash was a total hoot throughout those skits and it helped give personality to every one of the X Division guys that it featured.

I forget who said it but I remember reading how he was the only person in that Rumble Benoit won not to get a reaction - which was true but you've got to give someone a chance. Instead some online fans had already determined he had "no charisma" and 'wasn't cut out for the big time'/only worked in OVW and he was popping up in "Who would you release"-type threads when it seemed he'd only been there for a cup of coffee. A year or so later, after another run too short to really make an impact (this time in the aforementioned "mysterious bodyguard gimmick") he was released.

But on the other side of that coin, there are others who some fans have absurd levels of patience with. Look at Paul Burchill. There were online fans still calling him a star-in-waiting and hoping his Hurricane feud would lead to an ECW title win, even after he'd been boring up the WWE for about four or five years.

Yeah, that's true. There does seem to be two extremes of giving someone a million chances and waiting until they get over (I can only really think of Triple H where that eventually worked and paid off well for the company and to a lesser extent The Godfather; most others end up like Butch Reed Mark's old enemies The Harris Brothers who to me seemed no more over in 2005 than in 1995) and shoving green guys on TV, giving them a push and then when they don't instantly get over killing the push, dropping them down the card and the finally releasing them.

I personally don't "get" the love for Nash. He has been a useless article for well over a decade. All he does is come out with some funny lines now and again.

My sentiments exactly. I first thought it was some kind of forum wide long running in joke like the ones that have come and gone for other less than stellar performers. I now think that it has become a kind of self fulfilling prophecy and people really have convinced themselves and others that he is amazing.

I

I personally think that the Paparazzi Promotions skits in TNA were the last time that either WWE or TNA featured genuinely funny comedy. Nash was a total hoot throughout those skits and it helped give personality to every one of the X Division guys that it featured.

I don't think they were the last time wrestling has been funny, but I do think they are among the funniest things wrestling has ever produced. By far the best thing TNA has ever done that I've seen.

Archived