Radio Ga-Ga

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Any Scottish listeners remember Scottie McClue on Scot-FM in the middle Nineties? I used to find this guy hilarious in his 10pm slot. He was moved to a morning slot ( for some reason, which took the life out the programme (and the swearing) ) and he eventually got sacked when somebody called him a "Fat Jock Fucker" at 11am. Ah, memories.

You listen to his stuff now and it has really aged. Not funny at all sadly.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

I remember my mum taking us to school when I was about 12 listening to Chris Evans in the morning and I thought it was hilarious. Made going to school actually fun!

Recently if I happen to be in the car with my dad on a Sunday I catch Terry Wogan and find myself really enjoying it. That can't be good.

• Paid Members
Any Scottish listeners remember Scottie McClue on Scot-FM in the middle Nineties? I used to find this guy hilarious in his 10pm slot. He was moved to a morning slot ( for some reason, which took the life out the programme (and the swearing) ) and he eventually got sacked when somebody called him a "Fat Jock Fucker" at 11am. Ah, memories.

He was on TalkSport for a while around 2000 doing the graveyard shift for a while and he was pretty crap, to be honest. Mind you, Mike Dickin (RIP) was a hard act to follow.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I couldn't give a crap about Jo Whiley, but I'm delighted that Radcliffe & Maconie are going to 6Music now. Never could listen to their Radio 2 show that much for various reasons, but this will be perfect. Nemone is complete crap and one of the dullest presenters I've ever heard, good riddance.

He was on TalkSport for a while around 2000 doing the graveyard shift for a while and he was pretty crap, to be honest. Mind you, Mike Dickin (RIP) was a hard act to follow.

Speaking of TalkSport, anyone remember the Human Zoo with Tommy Boyd?

As a fellow Manc I have fond memories of Steve Penks windups from when I was a kid and also pretty much everything from Key 103 back then. I think the DJs they had were superb and it seemed that between them and sister station Piccadilly Gold/1152 they had everyone. I hated Piccadilly Gold back then as my folks would inflict upon us with such awful music as The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Motown, Elvis and many more... It's only now, years later, that I appreciate it and am grateful for being made to listen to some brilliant music.

As for Radcliffe, Maconie and Marc Riley... you couldnt wish to meet three nicer people.

I only really listen to Chris Moyles and Talksport - Anything with to much music irritates me. I never get why the hate for Chris Moyles, I'm always garaunteed a good laugh listening to his show.

Jon Gaunt read out a text from me once, it went a bit like this: 'Rob T from Woking on the text here: 'You are a' I wont say the next word but it rhymes with hunt 'Do you realise half of your listeners are here for the comedic aspect?'

Needless to say I was shocked that he read it out!

Mark and Lard, were aces.. Steve Lamacq possibly i forgotten whom weeknights around the Smashing Pumpkins 1996 era was very good as well as the Kavanagh Rock Show.. without them, I wouldnt have listened to half the stuff I do now.

Stuart Cable (RIP) on Kerrang was also a joy to listen to as is Johnny Doom when I remember

Ray Cokes on Virgin in the late 90s! We used to write him spoof letters, and he'd read them out. They must have been desperate for material.

John Peel, of course. Opened my eyes to so many bands that I still love today.

Tommy Boyd was class.

• Paid Members

Danny Baker is a an absolute force on Radio. Whatever you think of his TV work (I think it's mostly shit), he really comes into his own on the airwaves. His football shows with Danny Kelly were such a joy, especially when compared to the po faced shit you normally get with football discussion. Want to hear callers talk of whether or not Man U can win things with kids? Zzzzz. Want to hear someone ring in with a tale about a PE teacher who reffed games from his car using the lights to make decisions? Now you're talking. In a similar way to Fantasy Football League, they had an eye on the irreverent and an understanding about what football fans actually talk about. His non football shows are great too, he's an anecdote machine and full of passion. Not really heard a DJ that matches him.

Some kind soul has uploaded a load of his stuff here. Dabble and enjoy.