Awesome Kong Gets Job At Burger King

The Icon

I think the world of Kong, she's a great person, works hard, will give them her all and most of all she'll stand up for her morals.

When you're paying her.

My fiancee absolutely loved Kong and was excited to meet her and get a picture with her.

After paying $10 for a promo pic, she asked for a picture.... And Kong wanted another $10.

This is after everyone else was happy to pose for pictures for free (even if you didn't buy anything), including Melissa right next to her.

As soon as Kong mentioned more money, my fiancee turned her back and walked right away.

Who the fuck does she think she is to attempt to rip off her fans?

And, I hate to say this, but a lady in front of us got her pic for free and told people in line Kong wasn't charging for photo's...... But I guess Kong picks and chooses which people in South Philly she'd give free pictures too.......

In regards to the working hard.... She's phoned it in and then some since being released from TNA.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the world of Kong, she's a great person, works hard, will give them her all and most of all she'll stand up for her morals.

When you're paying her.

My fiancee absolutely loved Kong and was excited to meet her and get a picture with her.

After paying $10 for a promo pic, she asked for a picture.... And Kong wanted another $10.

This is after everyone else was happy to pose for pictures for free (even if you didn't buy anything), including Melissa right next to her.

As soon as Kong mentioned more money, my fiancee turned her back and walked right away.

And, I hate to say this, but a lady in front of us got her pic for free and told people in line Kong wasn't charging for photo's...... But I guess Kong picks and chooses which people in South Philly she'd give free pictures too.......

In regards to the working hard.... She's phoned it in and then some since being released from TNA.

I suppose it's personal experiences, but she was more than happy to give me a photo and a signed promo for

When you're paying her.

I suppose it's personal experiences, but she was more than happy to give me a photo and a signed promo for

Any specific examples?

The entire end of July with two shows with ROH and one with CHIKARA. The second ROH show having a very lack-lustre match against Del Rey which took a massive shine from their May match. The tag match at CHIKARA, she did very little of value, something I never expected her to do.

Then the tag match at ROH's Final Battle a few weeks ago, she repeated her performance from CHIKARA.

Any specific examples?

The entire end of July with two shows with ROH and one with CHIKARA. The second ROH show having a very lack-lustre match against Del Rey which took a massive shine from their May match. The tag match at CHIKARA, she did very little of value, something I never expected her to do.

Then the tag match at ROH's Final Battle a few weeks ago, she repeated her performance from CHIKARA.

Haven't seen any of her post-TNA stuff but know she had some very serious issues with her back earlier this year which forced her to cancel some bookings [vs Mickie James in October, for example] and limit her involvement in others.

I know her Shimmer return v Kellie Skater, for example, was pretty much a squash which 1] it should have been, in keeping with Skater's and Kong's gimmicks and 2] was due to Kong's injury.

Not saying that is the reason for her less-than-usual standard of performance as of late, only that it could be.

a heel? being heelish? or are we too smart to fall for a classic heel technique?

She was a face earlier in the night.

Any other theories other than the fact she's a selfish cunt without TNA's little bit of money?

Back problems are still no excuse to be a cunt to your fans.

a heel? being heelish? or are we too smart to fall for a classic heel technique?

Any other theories other than the fact she's a selfish cunt without TNA's little bit of money?

Indeed they're not, but it would explain the "phoned in" performances you blasted her for.

It sounds like she was just a "cunt" to you and your missus though - did you do something to piss her off?

Yeah, I was wondering about that as cobystag mentioned that she was taking photos and signing for free with others but just not his missus. :confused: Can't see how, being a large black woman [three of the most oppressed and discriminated against social groups in the history of the world] she would pick and choose who to give freebies to.

Not saying because of those factors she wouldn't do that, just that I am confused why she would choose to do so.

Personally I can't say she was "a cunt" to me either. In fact, she was lovely and when the first photo taken with me and her didn't come out so well, she was happy to hang around and do a couple more to make sure I got a nice one. She was very chatty and I have to admit I couldn't fault her treatment of me and my friend.

If your aggressive tone and carefree use of the word 'cunt' are anything to go by, I'm more inclined to believe YOUR party were the ones to piss HER off, rather than the other way around.

Right, let me get this 100% positively right.

Myself and my fiancee paid for a promo from Melissa sat next to Kong, Melissa was then happy to pose for pictures with the both of us seen as we'd already gave her some money.

Kong, who took the $10 from my fiancee, signed her promo pic, and when my fiancee (do I need to say that the small white girl who respected the hell out of Kong at this point, had never had a bad experience with a wrestler before this point, was polite and respectful and cheerful to get the opportunity for a pic with Kong) asked for a photo, Kong immediately asked for another $10 more.

So I, being the one throwing around the word "cunt" never said a word to Kong to piss her off. In fact I never even spoke to her. My fiancee just turned her back and grabbed me and swiftly walked off. I, being the one with the camera at this point, had no idea why until Suz got far enough to voice her annoyance that Kong was wanting $20 for a promo and pic.

Now Bryan Danielson who was also nearby, just released from WWE, was giving photo's for free. All the CHIKARA guys out were posing for photo's for free. Christopher Daniels when he worked KOT in April was happy to pose for photo's for free, even outside the Conclave.

The only reason why I would dispute the fact that Kong was not a great person was because she would do that to someone who was a huge fan of hers, but I know for a fact she posed for free to some people in line because one turned around to others to say Kong wasn't charging.... Now I hate being a dick, but there was a reason why this lady was telling people she got a pic for free and that Kong wasn't charging. I'm not spelling it out, read between the lines.

Does that sound like a great person to you?

When I personally met her in Hull in July of 09 she was a pleasent person and I had no complaints. But meeting her in July 10.... She was a bitch if the C word offends you.

my fiancee small white girl ....

Now I hate being a dick, but there was a reason why this lady was telling people she got a pic for free and that Kong wasn't charging. I'm not spelling it out, read between the lines.

Am I onto something with your theory here?

At the end of the day, if true, we don't know why Kong gave that other lady a free pic and not your girlfriend.

One thing though, on a general level - getting free pics seems to be something wrestling fans nowadays take for granted, as if they have a level of entitlement not to be charged for a picture with a wrestler because they bought a ticket.

Now, sure, everybody, including myself, loves free stuff but, at the end of the day, wrestlers have as much right as anybody to make as much money as they can.

If wrestlers give free pics, great. If they charge, that's their prerogative and, in my opinion, does not make them a cunt.

Just my opinion.

Well, like you said, that's your opinion.

Suz never felt entitled to the free pic because she bought a ticket to the show. Suz felt she might have some leverage for paying for a promo before asking for the photo. She just felt $20 was way beyond her worth as a performer.

I have lost a lot of respect for Kong since that weekend.

And back problems or not, mental issues rumoured, drunk driving..... I don't get why you'd deliberately be an ass to some of your fanbase.

Kong was never nasty when asking for more money, or when talking to Suz. But Suz felt ripped off that she would be so greedy to ask for more money, so she simply walked away.

Well, like you said, that's your opinion.

Suz never felt entitled to the free pic because she bought a ticket to the show. Suz felt she might have some leverage for paying for a promo before asking for the photo. She just felt $20 was way beyond her worth as a performer.

I have lost a lot of respect for Kong since that weekend.

And back problems or not, mental issues rumoured, drunk driving..... I don't get why you'd deliberately be an ass to some of your fanbase.

Kong was never nasty when asking for more money, or when talking to Suz. But Suz felt ripped off that she would be so greedy to ask for more money, so she simply walked away.

Just to clarify - I've not said her back problems have anything to do with anything other than the quality of some of her matches last year.

I just need to mention though, that by saying "she might have some leverage", in reference to your girlfriend getting a free picture, indicates to me that she was hoping for a freebie by buying something else first [fair enough] and was pissed off when she didn't get one. Kong was therefore obviously charging for pictures, otherwise there would have been no need to buy anything "for leverage" first, would there? Or am I missing something?

You state that Kong was never nasty at any point [as highlighted above]. She merely quoted a price for something that your girlfriend felt was too much to pay, which is fair enough. Fail to see how that makes her an ass/bitch/cunt to be honest. Greedy? Open for debate. Ass/bitch/cunt? No.

Archived