King of the Promos?

robbo9292

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jon moxley's promo have made me genuinely excited about his matches which otherwise would be very meh; im a big jimmy jacobs fans even though im not completely sold on his promo ability, but the youtube videos these guys exchanged on eachother was pretty cool and got me thinking that this was completely the right way for wrestling to use the internet in 2010.

Right now I reckon CM Punk is easily the best on the stick in WWE, with an honourable mention to Christian.

In TNA there is not exactly a wealth of promo talent right now IMO. Flair and Brother Ray are probably my faves.

Of all time? Jake Roberts for me, closely followed by Piper. Totally different promo styles, but both were absolutely captivating.

• Paid Members
In TNA there is not exactly a wealth of promo talent right now IMO. Flair and Brother Ray are probably my faves.

Cant agree with that at all. Beer Money and The Machine Guns are awesome for there positions on the card. AJ Styles and Kaz are top class as well (Kaz especially has been a different person this year on the mic). Flair is awesome if your into that sort of thing, Brother Ray is still as good as ever, Matt Morgan has been quality, Mr. Anderson and Eric Bischoff are in the top bracket. Even the useless shite, like Tommy Dreamer and Robbie E are decent on the mic. Wolfe, Magnus and Williams are awesome. And the women on the show put together interviews so well (like Velvet, Angelina, Madison, Tara and James etc.). The one thing you cant really have a go at TNA is their wealth of talent on the microphone. It seems to be endless. The material maybe shocking at times, but they havent got to many bad interviews. Thats what I like about TNA. The roster seems to just get on with it, no matter how shit the stuff infront of them is. Sometimes the enthusiasm to get the stuff over is enough for you to believe some of the crap is actually any good.

And what about that MMA star with the blonde hair? He's quite good.

• Paid Members

Aside from the obvious choices of The Rock, Flair, Dusty, Stone Cold I'm going to say Arn Anderson. The guy was arguably as good as Flair in his prime, very articulate and yet full of intensity.

Another under-rated promo is Road Warrior Hawk. I love those old Road Warriors promo's and Hawk put the shits up me as a kid, I actually believed he could have jumped through the TV and snapped my neck. Like a caged animal.

And you can't have a greatest promo thread without giving a nod to Cornette aswell. Howw could you not hate the guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xt-mP7FhQ4...feature=related

Cant agree with that at all. Beer Money and The Machine Guns are awesome for there positions on the card. AJ Styles and Kaz are top class as well (Kaz especially has been a different person this year on the mic). Flair is awesome if your into that sort of thing, Brother Ray is still as good as ever, Matt Morgan has been quality, Mr. Anderson and Eric Bischoff are in the top bracket. Even the useless shite, like Tommy Dreamer and Robbie E are decent on the mic. Wolfe, Magnus and Williams are awesome. And the women on the show put together interviews so well (like Velvet, Angelina, Madison, Tara and James etc.). The one thing you cant really have a go at TNA is their wealth of talent on the microphone. It seems to be endless. The material maybe shocking at times, but they havent got to many bad interviews. Thats what I like about TNA. The roster seems to just get on with it, no matter how shit the stuff infront of them is. Sometimes the enthusiasm to get the stuff over is enough for you to believe some of the crap is actually any good.

forgot pope

forgot pope

The pope impressed me at first but the way he uses every attitude cliche in the book makes me not really give a shit about him. Even him intro screams 'ROCK'.. can you smell what the pope is pimping? He has a shit finisher too.. the kneedump.. awful

Scott Steiner is either a batshit insane retard or a complete genius who does a great job of portraying the former. Regardless, I love his promos for that.

I also instantly liked The Miz when I started watching WWE again at the start of this year.

Archived