King of the Promos?

robbo9292

Now promos can help build storylines and build up to that big match at the pay per view. But who in your eyes do you see as the best person who can deliver a promo. Because i'm stuck for choice of who is the best at delivering promos. We have Ric Flair who is exceptional on the microphone but give Raven a microphone and camera time he can also cut great promos, along with Mick Foley as well.

So who in your eyes is the best promo cutter, the king of the promos?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jerry Lawler. The guy INCREDIBLE range. He could do funny, intense, explanatory, teasing, ranting and every other style with equal skill. He was absolutely magnificent.

This. Jerry is amazing on the stick...

Rock, Flair, Foley are also high up there.

- I love the battle of wits here and, then, later on in the show, how skitso Flair goes! Both great promo guys, and I rate Flair (before his crazy old man routine) as number one because of his creativity, contemporary cultural awareness in promos, and his ability to curtail his train of thought when time was running out. Even after the crazy old man routine took over, his getting-semi-nekkid-heart-attack-having-elbow-and-knee-dropping-gucci-shoe-rifling arse is still shit hot.

• Paid Members

Nobody captivated me or held my attention like Jake Roberts when I was a kid. His promos still stuck with me through all the years, so it'd have to be him. Angle, before he went crackers was pretty cool to listen to, too.

I think of the new wave, Punk, Barrett and Alex Shelly make me smile inside...

At this moment of time? CM Punk, Wade Barrett and The Miz. Sheamus was doing some awesome stuff earlier this year and I loved Kanes stuff.

Of all time? Mick Foley, Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage. Ric Flair could ramble for hours so I'd probably put him up there too.

Archived