Sign in to follow this  
Bluetonic

John Cena injured

If this is as serious as is being made out, then it's certainly not great news for Cena or WWE. As suggested, it gives Punk and Nexus some great ammunition if they can do a gigantic beatdown on Raw next week to write Cena out for a few months. I'm not the biggest fan of Cena, but he works bloody hard, puts on good matches and is the top guy in the company at the moment. Looks like we might not get him posing with the world title in front of that group of fans he's found in the last two years.

If he were to miss Wrestlemania though (and depending on how severe the injury is), I can imagine they might try and find a place on the card for him as a special referee or something. This could be someone's chance to try and shine and show that they deserve to be in the main event picture in Cena's absence, or we might get a HHH return.

I'm liking this Cena being injured, hopefully hes out till backlash.

Hopefully a wrestlemania main event without Cena. Give the wwe chance to build to other stars to Wrestlemania main event status such as Miz, Morrison.

UKFF has made my day :) (theres always a first for everything)

Why, do you want them to loose money or something? What is so bad about John Cena anyway, he is a class act.

Have you read any of his previous posts, ever? He hates Cena, irrationally, and irritatingly. I'm sure we've all taken issue with some of Cena's work (the "JBL is poopy" incident sticks out) but most will at least look for some positives, or can at least appreciate the mans passion and work ethic (notice the avoidance of the word "workrate" to avoid opening a separate can of worms). Not ajmcstyles however. I generally roll my eyes when he posts, waiting for a "Cena is shit" comment to pop up. and it inevitably does.

Cena isnt "shit".

I just really dislike his promo's, dislike his in ring performance, he struggles to sell in the ring.

I cant take him seriously as the modern version of Hogan, Rock and Austin. All three we not brilliant in the ring and each wrestler main attack was a right hands. I think with Cena for me he comes off extremely cheesy, the Vickies so fat game really got under my skin. I dont wanna see Cena say "From another camera angle" three times in a shitty voice. I dont see the passion in his work compared to the others.

WWE seem to have a problem of overexposure with Cena, ok they did with Austin, Rock & Hogan but at least they did it well. In this case less is more. Not in the case of having off the show but just have him appear JUST once the show, comes out cuts a promo then wrestles done. IE the Cena beats up Nexus he was on about 4 times in that show, not Cena's fault, for that.

Cena could come off better in the ring if he was willing to really work at it, the STF if he was to pull back on the hold to make it little bit more of the hold it look better. If Cena sold the chair shots from CM Punk last week it would of looked better. That DDT on to the floor at Summer Slam, Cena barely sold it to come back as Super Cena and look like hes fresh. If your being beat down massively in the match and you want the crowd to be really behind you dont play the superman gimmick and sell sell sell the beat down, I would hate to see a Bret Hart Vs Cena match with Hart taking the leg to set up for the sharpshooter. The 5 knuckle shuffle he could slightly hit the tap his opponent on the head then slightly missing it would look better. Little tweeks Cena could do to improve himself in the ring. Change or add a few moves like, Orton hes uses the Angle Slam now

I heard once he was questioning Triple H to see where he can improve himself and good for him for that.

I dont "hate" hes going out there and performing infront of thousands of people and that aint easy. I just really dislike him as a performer and would like to see him step back take a look in the mirror and see where he can make improvements.

When his time is up in WWE and Cena retires I cant see him being remembered (not trying to make it sound like dead) such as the Rock, Austin and Hogan. His slogan HLC or whatever it is will never overcome or be close to "Just Bring It", "know your role and SHUT your mouth", "Austin 3:16 said I just whooped your ass" and so forth.

I know any everyone else knows that aint gunna happen, his gimmick sells alot of merchandise, he brings in TV rating and PPV buys. He makes WWE money.

P.S. On the note of "Backlash" shows how much attention I was paying, I can still remember the Backlash PPV being on Channel 4 (50 minutes delayed but still)

I dont see the passion in his work compared to the others.

So you would like to see him unable to function in his daily life due to injury and have the company he works for lose money in his absence, just because you "dont see the passion in his work compared to others"? Just switch the Cricket on then.

That DDT on to the floor at Summer Slam, Cena barely sold it to come back as Super Cena and look like hes fresh.

He looked like he was fucking dead, then managed to pull himself into the ring where he ROLLED UP one guy, and TRIPPED UP another before applying the (NPLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL)STF for the win. Hardly Superman-esque is it?. Especially compared to WM when Shawn Michaels was up moonsaulting not too long after taking a Tombstone on the floor. Yet I still haven't seen anyone crymaxing over that, wonder why.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

Cena barely sold it to come back as Super Cena and look like hes fresh.

Nobody seemed to mind when Hulk Hogan or the Ultimate Warrior did it - and Cena is easily 10 times the wrestler the Warrior ever was.

Triple H has already said he will be back for Mania, so I don't think WWE are going to have to suddenly bring him back to replace Cena if he's injured for the sake of Mania if he would have been back anyway. He might come back a bit earlier, but I'd have suspected he'd have been back by or at Rumble anyway.

So you would like to see him unable to function in his daily life due to injury and have the company he works for lose money in his absence, just because you "dont see the passion in his work compared to others"? Just switch the Cricket on then.

Think you've confused Cricket with Football there. Passionate, hard nailed performances are the forte of our only successful national sports team right now.

Cena barely sold it to come back as Super Cena and look like hes fresh.

Nobody seemed to mind when Hulk Hogan or the Ultimate Warrior did it - and Cena is easily 10 times the wrestler the Warrior ever was.

the hulking up sold the superman gimmick.. Cena just pops up at the right time. and does the move that sets up the finish.

Think you've confused Cricket with Football there. Passionate, hard nailed performances are the forte of our only successful national sports team right now.

I was meaning "if you dont like that, switch something else on". Not a knock on the current Ashes tests. If you really wanted to watch something shit, no doubt you'd watch Capello's army of shite.

I don't see why the DDT on the concrete is such an issue anyways. It's not his fault that certain things were supposed to happen. That'd be like blaming him for being the champ when he is.

I would but Cricket isnt my cup of tea.

Let's be honest here, John Cena could put on a match of the decade performance and people would still hate him. He's not my bag but I don't wish injury on the guy and I certainly don't hate him for the sake of it. I have a lot of respect for him as a person because I do think he genuinely loves what he does and what it enables him to do for kids and charity. In the case of ajmstyles, I've been a bit hard on him for his negativity over recent weeks but the guy's entitled to his opinion. I do think maybe he needs to be a little less demanding then he might actually enjoy more things ;)

With all this talk about Miz dropping the belt it's obvious that people have already forgotten that it has been said that "The Awesome One" will be the longest reigning champion ever. He's not dropping the title until around 2019.

I would but Cricket isnt my cup of tea.

Shame, I'd pay good money to watch Shaun Tait bowl beamers at you.