John Cena injured

Bluetonic

all over the newswires

WWE

star John Cena suffered an apparent leg injury during Tuesday's Raw house show in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. Cena was working a cage match

against Wade Barrett that was stopped abruptly. Dot Net reader Angelo Ambrosecchia attended the show and filed the following report.

"The cage match with Wade Barrett ended out of nowhere, Cena couldn't even stand up. They had to end the match fast and get the trainers out. Cena had to be helped to the back, apologized to the crowd and said he thinks he will have to miss some time. It looked really bad. You can tell at the end something was wrong when Barrett climbed the cage and basically sat there for about 2-3 minutes waiting for Cena to get up and stop him from getting over the cage, but he couldn't stand on the knee."

Shame for Punk if it's true.

Shame for Punk if it's true.

Not necessarily. For all the beatdowns that Barrett-Nexus gave Cena, all the torment they put him through, did they ever keep him off Raw for even one week? And now if Cena's injured, the story is that Punk-Nexus took him out of action on their first night.

Plus it means WWE has to come up with something different for the next couple of months than a continuation of the Cena vs Nexus feud that should be over after TLC. Even if that something different is just Orton vs Nexus.

• Moderators

Fuck Orton vs Nexus, Lawler vs Nexus. Lawler has proved this month he has the gift of pacing a match and getting people involved. Lawler proves that it isn't moves, it's doing wrestling properly, it's about reactions. Richards, Strong and Delirious take note.

Fuck Orton vs Nexus, Lawler vs Nexus. Lawler has proved this month he has the gift of pacing a match and getting people involved. Lawler proves that it isn't moves, it's doing wrestling properly, it's about reactions. Richards, Strong and Delirious take note.

Agreed. Lawler gave use 3 of the best RAWs of the year, and really ended this year pretty strong. Nobody could have put the miz over like he did this year. He just nabbed superstar of the year for me.... I'm such a mark :)

Ah this is terrible, Cena was probably gonna have the big moment at Wrestlemania after winning Miz's WWE title. If they can't get Lesnar and Undertaker in now, that PPV is screwed.

I'm more likely to buy it now if it's not having Cena go over Miz.

That wouldn't be a 'big moment' (unless you're taking the piss) as it'd just be so fucking bland and predictable. Hell, the only way I want Cena vs Miz at 'Mania is with Cena properly putting him over at last.

a WrestleMania without John Cena? I just can't imagine that happening

Ah this is terrible, Cena was probably gonna have the big moment at Wrestlemania after winning Miz's WWE title. If they can't get Lesnar and Undertaker in now, that PPV is screwed.

I'm more likely to buy it now if it's not having Cena go over Miz.

That wouldn't be a 'big moment' (unless you're taking the piss) as it'd just be so fucking bland and predictable. Hell, the only way I want Cena vs Miz at 'Mania is with Cena properly putting him over at last.

Agreed. You can't have Cena winning a title yet again as THE big moment of Mania because that always ends with half the crowd shitting all over it. They seem to have learned that lesson in the last few years.

And as much as I'm enjoying Miz as champion, he's yet to show he can convincingly beat Jerry Lawler. They'd have a hell of a lot more work to do before anyone could suspend their disbelief and think he might have a shot of beating Cena in a title match at Wrestlemania.

And as much as I'm enjoying Miz as champion, he's yet to show he can convincingly beat Jerry Lawler. They'd have a hell of a lot more work to do before anyone could suspend their disbelief and think he might have a shot of beating Cena in a title match at Wrestlemania.

That's true actually, but there's a good few months and he wouldn't necessarily have to win clean per se. Just not get squashed or something. A strong showing against Cena would be great for him.

Plus Lawler does know more moves than Cena.

If Cena's out for any amount of time, I hope he's fit enough to sell a proper Punk beatdown on Raw first. Properly taking Cena out and taking charge of Nexus in the space of three weeks could make Punk look like an absolute star heading towards Wrestlemania.

Archived