Joanna Yeates RIP

patiirc

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I'll preface this post with the fact that I like Pat. I think he's a well meaning lad.

BUt fuck me. Some people have really been through the mangle this month. Deaths are several this time of year, and I'd wager a lot of members of this board have been affected by them, and for one day Pat you could have left it out, and you didn't need the fucking Sub-News Of The World headline. If I didn't rate you so much, I'd think you were looking for sad reactions.

Pat, you're a good lad. So leave it out eh?

I'm not a Christian, and most of this forum aren't, but I'd imagine we see Christmas as a day for a laugh and a carry on. So have one yourself, and get off the cross, for we need the wood.

Merry Christmas.

Must admit I also found the title of this a bit suspect.

Also when you said, "No one should ever have to go through this, especially in that area of Bristol."

Why especially in that area of Bristol?

It's because, Clifton, or more pertinently the area around it Ie the Suspension Bridge/ Cliffs is a notorious suicide hotspot drawing reference to the many families who have lost loved ones there despite the barriers and other stuff they have put up to stop it ( halfed suicide rates from 8 to 4 per year). As said previously having seen my family go through that when my cousin went missing and turned up dead in the River Avon after jumping. So know what can happenin that area I desperately hoped that Joanna would be found alive and well as did many Bristolians, hence no one should have to go through this comment

The Police have confirmed it is her and the BBC News Channel are reporting that she has been formally identified as well. Police are treating death as suspicious based on how she was found, but post mortem will take at least 24 hours because of the extreme cold So I will change the title of the thread to reflect the updates in what has happened as well

• Paid Members

Why jot just have a RIP Thread? Much like Digby mentioned. That way people can choose to see any updates in the world of the recently deceased and there shouldn't be any offence in thread titles?

Why jot just have a RIP Thread? Much like Digby mentioned. That way people can choose to see any updates in the world of the recently deceased and there shouldn't be any offence in thread titles?

I can think of three reasons.

1. Because much like the generic Wrestler RIP thread, it's impossible to gauge who is worthy of their own RIP thread.

2. Because starting threads like these give people a sense of purpose.

3. Because you touch yourself at night.

Fuck having an all purpose RIP thread. I'd hate to have to wade through pages and pages of depressing random obituaries to get to the good stuff, like celebrities that have accidentally hung themselves while having a chug in a cupboard.

ROFL! Fucking awesome.

I find it puzzling that her keys, phone, purse & coat had been left behind in her flat when she went missing and without forced entry to her flat.

I couldn't imagine her leaving the flat without them key items.....?

Also its the flat she shared with her fella....so could he be in on it?

Archived