Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Sloan

Pro Wrestling Noah UK : Euro Nav '11 : DVD In Stock Onsale

Ok, my apologies Mark. I just read it quick, and in German

No need for an apology, it's all cool. It's not like we've ever had stuff leaked from across the water before ;)

This is fantastic news I can't wait. After watching the DVD's of the '08 shows, I'm keen to see some of these chaps in the flesh, most notably KENTA. Nice work, Mark...

just one thing though, are we likely to get a DG:UK show on top of this? After '09 & '10, I'm now a certified DG mark, and need my annual fix... I can't afford another trip to Japan just yet ;)

No need for an apology, it's all cool. It's not like we've ever had stuff leaked from across the water before ;)

Haha well yeh, thats exactly what I thought.

Man im SO pumped for this! Been thinking about Brit guys. As I said earlier, I cannot see Mastiff not being on this show. Zack Sabre Jr seems very very likely to me and I hope he is. But i'd like a Northerner or 2. I think Kris Travis and Martin Kirby would fit in very nicely with the NOAH Jr division and I think they more than deserve the exposure. As for Scottish talent, it'd have to be Darkside for me.

And as long as Kobashi, Marufuji and KENTA are on it, im happy with anybody else. I just hope to God none of them injure themselves before May as they've all been somewhat injury prone lately. As much as Taue would be cool for historical reasons, PLEASE dont bring him over NOAH/Mark. The guy is so far past it it's sad to see.

Man im SO pumped for this! Been thinking about Brit guys. As I said earlier, I cannot see Mastiff not being on this show. Zack Sabre Jr seems very very likely to me and I hope he is. But i'd like a Northerner or 2. I think Kris Travis and Martin Kirby would fit in very nicely with the NOAH Jr division and I think they more than deserve the exposure. As for Scottish talent, it'd have to be Darkside for me.

And as long as Kobashi, Marufuji and KENTA are on it, im happy with anybody else. I just hope to God none of them injure themselves before May as they've all been somewhat injury prone lately. As much as Taue would be cool for historical reasons, PLEASE dont bring him over NOAH/Mark. The guy is so far past it it's sad to see.

Kobashi is out for an undetermined length of time, if he returns at all. And if he does, he will be even more limited then when he was last in the ring. The chances of Kobashi being able to attend in a wrestling role, in my mind at least, are at around 100 to 1.

Yeh I know. Im sure I read he was looking to come back sometime soon though. I hope so because the 2 biggest draws from the old guard that are left are Akiyama (who was always the lesser guy out of him, Misawa and Kobashi, though im a big fan) and Taue who is in horrendous shape. I'd love to see Kobashi again, but as you say, God knows what he'll be capable of actually doing in-ring

Oooh, Christ no!

Obviously a personal thing but I don't, and never have, rated Darkside. I'm sure he's a nice guy and works very hard and all that jazz but he just does nothing for me as a performer.

Now Lionheart and Kid Fite, I rate very highly and could see both being worthy additions to the show.

I third the inclusion of Darkside James Scott. I think he'd make a great addition to this show. Kirby could also do very well against some of the NOAH Jnr's

I don't think Kris Travis would be on the shows. Personally I'd like to echo the calls for Darkside and Zack Sabre Jr. Mastiff is a given.

UK wrestlers I'd like to see on this would be Zebra Kid, Zack Sabre Jr., Noam Dar, Liam Thompson, Lighting Kid & Wild Boar :thumbsup:

I dunno about a lot of these recent choices.

A lot of these names would be a MUCH better fit for Dragon Gate, especially Martin Kirby. You can tell that the guy clearly loves the American Indy/Dragon Gate fast paced style, which doesn't tend to mesh really well with NOAH.

Darkside, while you can tell he loves Puro and the Japanese style, I think his size and MMA/BattleArts-esque style would really hinder him from being able to make a big impression in NOAH as there'd only be a few wrestlers on the NOAH roster such as Aoki, KENTA or Sano he'd really be able to mesh with. There's a reason why Minoru Suzuki only appears in NOAH on special occassions.

CJ Banks, Noam Dar and Liam Thompson would all fit much better in Dragon Gate.

Lionheart, while I love the guy to death, definitely wrestles more of an American style. The guy can go hard-hitting as his matches with Davey and Desmond have shown, but I don't know how well he'd match up against the KENTA's and Sugiura's. Although I'm sure the guy could surprise me given the chance.

And Zebra Kid is just stiff for the sake of stiff. There, I said it. Great worker, has had some really great matches in the past and I used to be really high on him, but Zebra appearing to work stiffer against the Americans has lost it's appeal with me now. I have no interest in a Zebra vs KENTA match, although I'm sure it will be great for what it is.

The reason why I said Zack and Dave is because they clearly watch NJPW/NOAH/classic AJPW and love that style and it shows in their wrestling. A lot of the names listed above..... I see some elements of the Japanese style (Kirby and Darkside specifically, but not the Strong Style/Kings Road you need for NOAH).