2011 Dead Pool

Vipes

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not much to choose from..

I'll take a punt on Verne Gagne.

Dammit, that's a really good shout. Though I did have to check on wikipedia, as I thought he had already gone a year or so back.

I'll go for King Kong Bundy.

According to Wiki it's a sorry state of affairs for him;

"Gagne was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease (or possibly chronic traumatic encephalopathy caused by a lifetime of head injuries.), and has been living in the memory-loss section of a Bloomington, Minnesota health care facility."

It goes on to say...

"On January 26, 2009, Gagne got into an altercation with Helmut Gutmann, a 97-year old resident of the facility, who fell and broke his hip. Helmut Gutmann was an cancer researcher and violinist, who fled Nazi Germany in 1936. According to Gutmann's widow, Gagne picked him up and hurled him violently to the floor, then pulling back on his body, thus breaking his hip. She was not present during the altercation, however, and Bloomington, Minnesota police chief Jeff Potts said "The attack - which was not a wrestling body slam - happened quickly while the men were at a table, Bloomington Police Chief Jeff Potts said. It was more like "a push and a shove" and it caused Gutmann to fall.

Neither man had any recollection of the incident. Gutmann was admitted to the hospital, and died on February 14 from complications from the injury.On February 25, 2009, the man's death was officially ruled a homicide by the Hennepin County medical examiner's office. On March 12, 2009, the Hennepin County Prosecutor's office officially announced that Gagne will not be criminally charged as a result of the death. Because of Gagne's dementia, he lacked the mental capacity necessary to have intended to harm Gutmann"

And to think that he co-trained Flair, Backlund, Curt Hennig, Snuka, Slaughter and 'Taker... :(

• Paid Members
Having just seen Genesis...I think Angle is the favourite. I mean

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Matt Hardy

[close spoiler]

");document.close(); looked in better shape...and I never thought I would hear myself say that!

How? Because Angle hasnt been sticking a needle in his arse and has reduced his schedule, you think he's favourite to pop his clogs? He's in his 40s now. Angle's looking good. He looks healthier than he has in ages. You need to have a word with yourself if you think the bloke in your spoiler looks close to looking better than one of Angle's ingrowing pubes.

Having just seen Genesis...I think Angle is the favourite. I mean

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Matt Hardy

[close spoiler]

");document.close(); looked in better shape...and I never thought I would hear myself say that!

How? Because Angle hasnt been sticking a needle in his arse and has reduced his schedule, you think he's favourite to pop his clogs? He's in his 40s now. Angle's looking good. He looks healthier than he has in ages. You need to have a word with yourself if you think the bloke in your spoiler looks close to looking better than one of Angle's ingrowing pubes.

Teach me to believe anything PWTorch says about TNA. Having now seen the match, Angle looks fine - well, at least no worse than the last 3 or 4 years. The match is really entertaining, and cements Jarrett's fantastic heel persona.

Sadly Paul Lincoln died on Tuesday January 11th. Best known as Doctor Death he was one of the best villains on the UK scene and went on also to become a major promoter taking on the more established companies. He even helped the careers of singers such as Cliff Richard and Tommy Steele!

More info about him at http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=1493...amp;topic=14971

• Paid Members
I just caught that story about DR. Death on 411mania just now. Have a glance at the comments section http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/170...ensing-Deal.htm

Absolutely wonderful.

Rest In Piece, Dr Death. His team with Terry Gordy was awwsome. We will never forget you

Posted By: dillkidisback (Guest) on January 15, 2011 at 02:06 PM

Outstanding.

I just caught that story about DR. Death on 411mania just now. Have a glance at the comments section http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/170...ensing-Deal.htm

Absolutely wonderful.

Rest In Piece, Dr Death. His team with Terry Gordy was awwsome. We will never forget you

Posted By: dillkidisback (Guest) on January 15, 2011 at 02:06 PM

Outstanding.

Flawless.

Archived