TNA Impact from January 2011 Speculation

gringo69

Does anybody know any announcements about the new home for TNA Impact.

It is listed as on Sentanta Ireland on 31st Dec, 7th Jan and 14 Jan at 5.30pm according to uk-tv-guide.com and the Sentant website.

Sky are mentioning Sky Atlantic starting in February but TNA is not mentioned

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't look to promising. Radio Times website goes 2 weeks ahead and there's nothing showing there for the first weekend in January so they've either not assigned it to a channel yet and it's going to be a last minute schedule change or it will be on a bigger delay than before.

Problem for TNA will be if Sky don't air it but don't release them from the contract, they'd be screwed then.

• Paid Members
Does anybody know any announcements about the new home for TNA Impact.

It is listed as on Sentanta Ireland on 31st Dec, 7th Jan and 14 Jan at 5.30pm according to uk-tv-guide.com and the Sentant website.

Sky are mentioning Sky Atlantic starting in February but TNA is not mentioned

Won't be on Sky atlantic, Sky Atlantic will be HBO content only. They've got an exclusivity deal with WB.

I thought it was confirmed that Sky were keeping it? I think the best place for it to go is either FX or Living.

It'll be redistributed between Sky's living platforms as far as I know. Sky don't own FX.

I though BSKYB owned a half of it, and FOX owned the other half. They air adverts for Sky shows on FX, and vice versa which only happens when it is a proper SKY channel.

• Paid Members
I thought it was confirmed that Sky were keeping it? I think the best place for it to go is either FX or Living.

It'll be redistributed between Sky's living platforms as far as I know. Sky don't own FX.

I though BSKYB owned a half of it, and FOX owned the other half. They air adverts for Sky shows on FX, and vice versa which only happens when it is a proper SKY channel.

What are you basing that information on? All broadcasters give away free airtime to other broadcasters. For example on cartoon network you have virgin and sky adverts. It's standard practice, it has no bearing on who owns the channel, because the broadcasters have deals with the service providers they often have a certain amount of free airtime to show as part of the deal for the service provider ( in this case Sky). Fx is not owned by Sky.

What are you basing that information on? All broadcasters give away free airtime to other broadcasters. For example on cartoon network you have virgin and sky adverts. It's standard practice, it has no bearing on who owns the channel, because the broadcasters have deals with the service providers they often have a certain amount of free airtime to show as part of the deal for the service provider ( in this case Sky). Fx is not owned by Sky.

I remember reading ages ago that they have some sort of agreement, where Sky have 50% control over advertising or something like that. They 100% own Living, so perhaps that is a big option for Impact to be aired on?

Archived