UFC 125: Resolution * Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

I noticed the prelims are only half an hour too. Must be coz it was sorted out so late on, we must only be getting 1 fight or 2 if there's an early stoppage.

I've just placed a quick treble for the undercard on Josh Grispi, Brad Tavares and Ninja Roberts. If all 3 come off, i'm planning on backing Nate to beat Stun gun. Anyone else placed any bets for the show?

Nah the prelims are an hour, the Sky & Virgin EPG's are just fucked up. Dana's promised 3 fights on the prelims, but also said if they all go the distance everything will be fucked as every other fight will go out of schedule and could run past the alloted time.

I've just got a

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Volkmann defeated McKee via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29).

Roberts defeated Soto via submission (kimura) at 3:45 of round 1.

Nunes defeated Brown via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29).

Tavares defeated Baroni via KO (punches) at 4:20 of round 1.

Poirier defeated Grispi via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

Stephens defeated Davis via KO (punch) at 2:33 of round 3.

Main Card

Guida defeated Gomi via submission (guillotine choke) at 4:27 of round 2.

Kim defeated Diaz via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

Silva defeated Vera via unanimous decision (30-28, 30-27, 30-27).

Stann defeated Leben via TKO (strikes) 3:37 of round 1.

UFC Lightweight Championship Bout

Edger & Maynard after 5 rounds went to a draw (46-48, 48-46, 47-47)

Leben got seriously whooped but he had great heart, but the heart of Frankie Edger WOW. Personally I thought Frankie won that fight I put the fight 47-46 Frankie.

Amazing show, one of the best shows in a while in terms of fights.

I had the main event result being between a draw and a maynard win

Also i think Diaz should also be commended for an amazing performance

• Paid Members

Well that's annoying, MMAPlayground doesn't allow you to predict a draw? Not that it matters as it was my worst set of predictions ever.

But that show was excellent. I assume we will get a rematch of the main event sooner or later then.

Said at the post-fight press conference that Pettis will still get the next title shot (rightfully so imo), and I'm guessing Maynard will probably face the winner - seems the fairest way to do it that keeps everyone happy.

Brian Stann also said he wants to fight Wanderlei Silva next.

I scored the main event as a draw, the 3rd could have gone either way really though. Still incredible to see Edgar come back from such a beating, and I can't believe he had the strength to slam Maynard like he did. Just incredible stuff.

Was a bit surprised to see Stann handle Leben so easily, I expected the direct opposite to happen.

Damn Vera's nose looked nasty, but apart from the first half of the first round, he fought like he didn't want to be there. Nice knowing you, Brandon.

Guida did a great job against Gomi, you could tell Gomi really had no clue how to defend his style.

On the prelims, looks like Josh Grispi won't be challenging for a title anytime soon. Poirier dominated him with ease there.

Poor Gray he Shane Carwin'ed himself outta that bout (punched himself out).

I put Gray on the first round 10-7 and Frankie winning the other 4 rounds.

Either way both fighters have to back to the drawing board and improve on there mistakes

Change of plans and now it's Gray/Frankie III next up. Poor Spider-Pettis. Went 7/3/1 on predictions (due to the draw), but the 3 losses were big in all my accumulators so i suffered a losing betting session on the UFC for the first time since UFC 100! :(. Grispi looked a mess and had nothing to offer, and surely Baroni and Davis need to just bow out gracefully now. Both clearly still have good aggression, but Baroni is now 13-13 and Davis is going to be on the bad end of more highlight reel shots than good ones in the future i'd imagine.

Silva defeated Vera via unanimous decision (30-28, 30-27, 30-27).

Not sure where you copied and pasted this from, but is a 30-28 even possible? It was 30-26, and rightly so I felt.

I gotta admit, I laughed when I read Antonio McKee had lost. Lightweight champion by the end of 2011. Good luck with that.

Great card I thought. Agree that Davis and Baroni shouldn't put themselves through anymore beatings, but if they decide against retirement, they'll most likely be fighting outside the UFC.

Josh Grispi looked awful tonight. That's the guy that was supposed to fight Aldo? DAMN.

Guida looked like he was in a mosh pit.

Diaz was unlucky. Stun Gun didn't do much really for me, considering I heard he wanted to stand with Diaz.

Thiago Silva. Wow. Expected him to just stand and bang, but he proved he can do more than that and just dominated Vera.

Did not expect Stann to win. Did not expect Leben to get KTFO.

Maynard vs Edgar can not main event a PPV. That fight will suck. Everyone who said that, don't you feel silly?

I had the main event as a draw as well. Wondering where the fuck the 48-46 for Maynard came from because I'm just not seeing it. Thought it was a great fight.

Was a good night of fights all around. Something to like from every fight.

Rounds 3 and 5 were close. To be honest, when they were announcing the scores, I was thinking whichever guy wins it won't surprise me. A draw in a Championship fight just doesn't seem right though

I didn't think round 3 was very close. I had that as a Maynard round fairly comfortably. Not a 10-8 or anything, but certainly good enough to be sure about it.

Agreed on Round 5 being very close, and was actually thinking during it "this is a nightmare", but I thought Edgar began to edge it as he was picking his spots very well.

I think only the 1st round can have any arguments about bein a 10-8 round, or even a 10-7. As i saw on an interview with Dana White, apparentky someone told him if that round wasn't a 10-7, then a 10-7 doesn't exist

I had the first and third to maynard and the other 3 to Edgar but i took the first as a 10-8 and could have easily given maynard round 5.

I also had a laugh at McKee losing by decision after all the hype i was reading on here

Plus i was loving dancing Guida

Archived