UFC 125: Resolution * Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

earlier in the thread i talked of Antonio McKee, here's a clip from his last fight with Luis Azevedo, fucking brutal...i don't think ive ever seen a fighter react to being cut like Azevedo in this, he genuinely looks worried about what's just happened to him.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

How's everyone see the Diaz-Stun Gun fight going? And Brandon Vera vs Thiago Silva?

I actually think Dong Hyun Kim might be getting a tad overlooked in this one. I'm picking him to win a decision. He could have a rough time with Nate's reach but I think he'll be the stronger guy with his judo base and should be able to keep out uf submissions and do some damage. Could be a sleeper contender for FOTN.

Vera/Silva is tricky, both guys have been out a while and both have had mixed results recently. I'd give Vera the edge on the feet but he hasn't been able to pull the trigger for years now. I actually think Vera is one of the best strikers in the division but he's so gunshy these days he doesn't make it pay off for him. Thiago's probably the more powerful puncher though. On the ground they're pretty even I'd say. Tough one but I'll go with Thiago by decision.

• Paid Members

Vera/Silva is an important fight for both guys, both guys need a big win to prove they belong at the top of the division, Vera more so, he's been frustrating fans for years now, people want the old Brandon Vera, he promises it but he never delivers :( a loss here and the UFC might cut him. I'll take Silva by decision, but i think it's gonna be a case of whoever has a good night, if Vera is on-point he could win it.

Diaz/Kim is definately the sleeper fight on the main card, I always tend to back against the Diaz brothers and then they always win, so i'll pick Diaz here by submission. I'll also tip it for fight of the night.

• Paid Members

Ion Television is now officially the UFC's newest broadcast partner.

UFC brass today announced that a trio of UFC 125 fights will air live on the network on Jan. 1 at 8:55 p.m. ET/5:55 p.m. PT.

"I am excited for our fans because I

I'm not seeing how Silva "needs a win" he's only lost twice in his career and one of those was to a Rashad Evans who just pushed him against the fence for 3 rounds!! Vera is the one who is in do or die territory.

Well if Silva gets beat by Vera, he will be 1-3 in his last 4 fights and with all the WEC'ers coming in - means fighters will be given far less rope than previously. For sure a loser leaves UFC fight.

great news!!!

For people in the US it is, no word yet on whether ESPN are picking them up here in the UK. Its looking increasingly likely the only way we can watch them is to find an American stream which isn't ideal.

It'll do for me, it means I get a decent quality download in the morning at least.

I'm picking an Edgar decision. I'm thinking (hoping) that Edgar's boxing has improved enough to keep Maynard at distance and help him avoid takedowns.

Hope Baroni gets a win, he's a good guy, when he's got a bit of cardio and can stuff a takedown, he's fun to watch.

Is the Silva vs Vera match really a loser leaves UFC match though? The WEC merger means there is shit load of Lightweights fighting for their UFC career, but i'd say both these guys are good to have around for sure. Vera lost to Jones and Couture, and Silva lost to Machida and Evans. They're all pretty high calibre matches that they've lost, so maybe the loser is gonna end up being less relevant and in lower card fights, but I can't see either fighter being cut if they lose

Archived