UFC 125: Resolution * Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dana is making a special announcement at the UFC 125 press conference today, it is rumoured that he will be announcing the TUF coaches for season 13.

UFC have announced the UFC 125 prelim show will be streamed live on UFC.com for people outside of the US. Good news. :)

Even better still, it's been confirmed that ESPN are showing the Prelims live! :thumbsup:

Brittney Palmer will be on ring girl duties for the first time in UFC, aswell as Holly Madison returning for another one-event stint. Arianny Celeste & Chandella Powell will also be on ring girl duties.

So thats FOUR ring girls for this event. :D

I don't see Silva vs. Vera as a loser gets cut fight, I just think the winner stays relevant while the loser ends up on the under card against an up and comer, becoming a gate keeper of sorts. I really hope Vera takes it, i've been waiting for him to explode on someone, i'm backing him to come good in this fight.

I don't see Silva vs. Vera as a loser gets cut fight, I just think the winner stays relevant while the loser ends up on the under card against an up and comer, becoming a gate keeper of sorts. I really hope Vera takes it, i've been waiting for him to explode on someone, i'm backing him to come good in this fight.

It's a shame as Vera had so much potential so early on. I'll be rooting for Silva in this, he always tries to finish a fight and that's the kinda fighter I like.

I was in attendance at Vera - Couture and did personally feel Vera won as did the majority of the audience, It all went rather pear shaped from that day onwards. If only he stopped him in the first round eh.

It's a shame as Vera had so much potential so early on. I'll be rooting for Silva in this, he always tries to finish a fight and that's the kinda fighter I like.

I was in attendance at Vera - Couture and did personally feel Vera won as did the majority of the audience, It all went rather pear shaped from that day onwards. If only he stopped him in the first round eh.

I thought Vera won that Couture fight as well, I even thought he might beat Jon Jones but was very wrong on that one. I do like Silva as well so i'm mainly just hoping for a great fight, but i'm still holding out hope Vera will finally return to his old self.

I'll be rooting for Maynard in the main event, and will happily take a points win to see the belt switch hands.

What makes you like Maynard more than Edgar?

I've been a fan of Maynards since his days on TUF, and have just enjoyed watching him improve and put together the wins over the past few years.

I like the no nonsense wrestler approach, and have always favoured fighters like Henderson, Sonnen, Hughes, Lindland etc.

Dana's special announcement was that Chuck Liddell is now officially retired. But also that he has now been hired by UFC as the Executive Vice-President of Business development. He will see over breaking into new territories (such as New York ect.), helping out with fighting arrangements and the general running of the UFC.

Dana said Chuck's position has alot of power and isn't a novelty title/job made for Liddell.

The NHL winter classic has been postponed from 1pm EST to 8pm EST, it subsequently clashes with a BCS College Football bowl game. I wouldn't be surprised if UFC maybe gets the chop so they can show both of those live.

Just a heads up.

Do you mean on ESPN? Isn't the UFC one of there biggest draws, I know it's the only reason I have ESPN. If they fuck around with the live broadcast I'll be super pissed and on the phone complaining.

The NHL winter classic has been postponed from 1pm EST to 8pm EST, it subsequently clashes with a BCS College Football bowl game. I wouldn't be surprised if UFC maybe gets the chop so they can show both of those live.

Just a heads up.

Do you mean on ESPN? Isn't the UFC one of there biggest draws, I know it's the only reason I have ESPN. If they fuck around with the live broadcast I'll be super pissed and on the phone complaining.

Don't worry there is no chance whatsoever that ESPN would not show UFC125 (which the have paid a load of money for and promoted heavily) to be replaced with some College Football Game. :rolleyes:

I noticed the prelims are only half an hour too. Must be coz it was sorted out so late on, we must only be getting 1 fight or 2 if there's an early stoppage.

I've just placed a quick treble for the undercard on Josh Grispi, Brad Tavares and Ninja Roberts. If all 3 come off, i'm planning on backing Nate to beat Stun gun. Anyone else placed any bets for the show?

I noticed the prelims are only half an hour too. Must be coz it was sorted out so late on, we must only be getting 1 fight or 2 if there's an early stoppage.

I've just placed a quick treble for the undercard on Josh Grispi, Brad Tavares and Ninja Roberts. If all 3 come off, i'm planning on backing Nate to beat Stun gun. Anyone else placed any bets for the show?

Nah the prelims are an hour, the Sky & Virgin EPG's are just fucked up. Dana's promised 3 fights on the prelims, but also said if they all go the distance everything will be fucked as every other fight will go out of schedule and could run past the alloted time.

I've just got a

Archived