UFC 125: Resolution * Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Which is also what I thought about Gomi's last fight.

hehe, yeh i think i predicted a Tyson Griffin decision too :( Even though i think Guida will win, if anyone has the punching power to stop him it's Gomi.

Which is also what I thought about Gomi's last fight.

hehe, yeh i think i predicted a Tyson Griffin decision too :( Even though i think Guida will win, if anyone has the punching power to stop him it's Gomi.

As much as I do like Guida's fighting spirit he's never going to get another run at the belt anytime soon, whereas Gomi in my eyes could be 2-3 wins from a shot at the belt.

• Paid Members
I'd say nobody in the world is impossible to knock out. More than one way to skin a cat. I'm sure Gomi has the punch power to hurt Guida but it's just if he can last to the 3rd round to do so is the question. Gomi has a good brawling style but his punches get weaker every minute that passes.

I agree with that. Anyone can be KO'd if they are hit hard enough on the right spot. Mark Hunt, Cabbage, Fujita and others were said to be 'impossible to KO' and they've all been laid out since. Guida does seem to have a good chin but he's never fought someone who hits like Gomi. I've never had Sanchez down as some killer striker to be fair and Gomi's probably the heaviest handed 155er in the UFC at the mo.

Can't wait, it's the fight I'm most excited about on the card. All things considered I've gotta go with the consensus and pick a Guida decision win, possibly even a late sub if Gomi gasses.

• Paid Members

Like everyone's said the card is excellent top to bottom. Every prelim interests me for one reason or another and all 5 fights on the main show could be belters.

How's everyone see the main event going? Has Frankie improved enough or will Maynard 'bully' him like last time?

I've got a feeling Maynard's taking a points win here but I'd love to see Frankie pull another big win off. Edgar vs Pettis would be awesome too. I'd give Frankie the advantage in boxing and speed but Maynard's boxing ain't bad either and he might have the edge in power. Thing is this will probably come down to wrestling and like the first fight Maynard will be the bigger, stronger wrestler on the night. It remains to be seen how he'll hold up over 5 rounds but I see him doing enough to win a decision.

I'm sort of indifferent to both fighters, but I think the division is more interesting with Edgar as the champion. As far as how I think it'll work out, I don't think Frankie's improved in the right ways to stop Maynard's wrestling, so I can see him losing a decision.

I'm sort of indifferent to both fighters, but I think the division is more interesting with Edgar as the champion. As far as how I think it'll work out, I don't think Frankie's improved in the right ways to stop Maynard's wrestling, so I can see him losing a decision.

This. The fight i'm least excited about because of the possible wrestling mismatch. Also i could not care less for both fighters sadly. Well the main event might suprise me since i dont care about it that much. Undercard is stacked, and it could be a great night for fighting.

• Paid Members

it's gonna be the least anticipated main event in some time, but im staying positive about it, hopefully both guys give us a decent fight, anything other than a stinker will be good enough for me, i think anticipations are so low that it's gonna end up being some kind of a success.

I really didn't think I would be looking forward to the main event but I think the whole card has got me excited so i'm even lokoing forward to that. I'll be supporting Edgar but I think Maynard will win a decision. It's the only fight on the main card where i'm not a huge fan of either guy, in the other fights i'll definitely be cheering on Leban, Stun Gun, Vera and Guida.

Hoping Edgar's style overcomes Maynard's wrestling, otherwise the main event will be a total bore. The rest of the card has serious potential, but the fact that the main event could be dire puts me off buying it (re. the Mir vs Cro Cop debacle, which was the first UFC PPV I bought). So UFC 125 will be seen at the local pub instead :)

Hoping Edgar's style overcomes Maynard's wrestling, otherwise the main event will be a total bore. The rest of the card has serious potential, but the fact that the main event could be dire puts me off buying it (re. the Mir vs Cro Cop debacle, which was the first UFC PPV I bought). So UFC 125 will be seen at the local pub instead :)

Do you live in the states/canada?

I find Edgar's style equally as annoying as Maynards. I however feel Maynard's gonna be too strong for Frankie The Mosquito.

Do you live in the states/canada?

I find Edgar's style equally as annoying as Maynards. I however feel Maynard's gonna be too strong for Frankie The Mosquito.

I live in Australia. The only free numbered UFC event in our history was 122.

Archived