Worst Factions Of All Time.

CleetusVanDamme

On Shotgun against the Quebecers. Believe it or not, Armageddon lost.

They show a quick clip on Raw if I recall right, when talking about something far more interesting. I really must finish watching that set.

Whats old B-2 up to now a-days any way?

Last time I heard, he was in All Japan Pro Wrestling. That was in 2005/6 though, around the time when Rico and A Train went there, so I have no idea if he is still there.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I always thought the Natural Born Thrillers were the drizzling shits. Only two and a half of them were any good and the shiteness of the others more than cancelled that out.

Good call. I hated them, all cookie-cutter wrestlers with (at the time) little or no personality and very limited ability. As green as you can get and thrown straight into our faces. Awful.

Bad call on Mean Street Posse, I loved these guys! They served a purpose- absolute shit preppy boys that were in there because their pal was the boss' son. And their theme tune was boss.

• Paid Members
The Mean Street Posse and The Oddities. Just awful.

Posse were hilarious man! Especially those early vignettes with Rodney, Pete and two other randoms (not Joey). I'm sure I saw X-Pac get mugged by about 5 of them once. Their sofa antics at SummerSlam 99 were another highlight.

the beautiful people (madison rayne, velvet sky and lacey von erich edition)

Yeah, but the wanks brought me more entertainment than anything The Truth Commission managed. Velvet has cost me precious hours of my life that could have been spent doing so many more productive activities.

Dexter you may be able to back this up (Being the resident ROH expert) but i think ROH's own "The group" were voted the worst faction ever on some random website.

Get out, they weren't even the worst faction ROH ever did. The Group had Joe, Corino and CW Anderson. Vulture Squad had Jack Evans, Ruckus and a maskless Jigsaw. Not that the mask made him any better.

Truth Commission as mentioned were boring as fuck, and I never understood when they changed Interrogator into Kurrgan but left the rest with the same gimmick (briefly). The Jackyl as cult leader thing never really took off either, the whole thing was a bit of a waste of time for all concerned.

I personally really hated the JOB Squad, because they seemed designed for smarks. "Huh huh look at us poke fun at how we lose every match and do the J O B on the P P V." Plus it pissed me off how it highlighted how often Scorp lost, he deserved better. Christ, he got to win a few times when he was tagging up with Bagwell. Plus I was probably one of the few that thought "Gillberg" was pathetic, rather than funny. I preferred it when they ignored the competition in smug "we're better" arrogance rather than try and rip the piss.

• Paid Members

When Jarrett changed his look up after losing the hair match to X-Pac at Summerslam '98 I started to quite enjoy him, when I never really had before but, pairing him up with the repackaged Godwinns was always gonna be a bit shit.

Don't believe anyone's mentioned RTC or J.O.B squad, I'd have thought everyone would be saying they were terrible. I liked the J.O.B gimmick and that it was just taking the piss and fit in well with the era but, really it was a bit of a waste of Al Snow and Scorpios talents. RTC had their place too.

Anyone remember the very short lived Co-Conspirators? Even shorter lived than THE UNION! Was a Shane McMahon lead army of Big Show, Benoit and I think maybe Angle to oppose The Rock in the Summer of 2000 I think. Believe it got dropped after Show got injured or they decided he needed to have a stinit in developmental and try and drop some weight.

In RTC was there any reason why Val Venis wore white kecks for a while? Or did he just not get a chance to go to Primark?

It's probably becuase in the July before he joined up, when he was repackaged with a haircut and Trish Stratus as his manager, he got new white trunks and boots. I'm guessing he wanted to to get his wear out of them, rather than binning them just becuase of a gimmick change?

• Paid Members

Put me down as another hater of the RTC. Not a love to hater either, a fast-forward-their-segments-because-they-are-as-boring-as-fuck hater.

X-Factor were OK. X-Pac was under-rated, Albert was good and Justin Credible was coming off a decent run in ECW. I loved the music but most didn't. They just didn't do a whole lot with them. They were just sorta there. No real angles, no rivalries and no important matches. Just a bit meh overall. nowhere close to being as bad as the Truth Commission, DOA or the Boricas.

Archived