Worst Factions Of All Time.

CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members

I'm currently up to the end of September 1998 on my journey through WCW. Stevie Rey has just joined nWo black and white. If the faction was utterly shit when Vincent, Bryan Adams and Desciple were members, it's even worse when you throw in Stevie Rey. Up to this point anyway, he's still the dire half of Harlem Heat to me.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I've got vague memories of a short lived faction in the WWF called 'The Union'. Pretty sure it was McMahon led, and included Shamrock, Test, Mankind and one another. They all carried Jim Dugganesque 2x4's and were pretty pants for the cup of coffee that they were around for.

Big Show, Mankind, Ken Shamrock and Test, it was based on wrestlers screwed over by The Corperation teamig together against it.

They were made particularly horrible by the fact the full name of the stable was "Union of People You Oughta Respect", which with a bit of mangling was supposed to end up with an acronym spelling "Up Yours".

• Paid Members
I'm currently up to the end of September 1998 on my journey through WCW. Stevie Rey has just joined nWo black and white. If the faction was utterly shit when Vincent, Bryan Adams and Desciple were members, it's even worse when you throw in Stevie Rey. Up to this point anyway, he's still the dire half of Harlem Heat to me.

Shocking. Are you planning to stick with WCW right through to the end though?, if so, prepare to be won over by Stevie Ray's majestic commentary. Booker T becomes anti-entertainment during the year 2000 also, your opinion will do a complete 180, surely.

Truth Commission I always thought was a good gimmick but poorly done. The Jackal I enjoyed but Kurrgan was never going to make it and guys like Recon and Sniper doing nothing but jobbing to Steve Blackman.

WWF never really seemed to know what they were doing with the gimmick, which is even worse when you consider that they tried it out in the USWA first.

Mantaur was originally part of the group (known as Tank), but he was quickly replaced by Sniper in the WWF. The Commandant (an actor buddy of Bret Hart) was the original 'manager' of the group until he was replaced by the Jackyl and the group just seemed to then tread water. Ricon & Sniper were later repackaged as Armageddon but lasted just a couple of tapings. I always got the impression that they were hoping for big things from Interrogator/Kurrgan but when it transpired he wasn't any good, they just gave up on the group.

Did Armageddon ever actually win a match? If they did, I never saw it.

Only one; over the feared and respected duo of Nick Barberri & Dave Webber. No idea if it was a dark match or for a Shotgun taping, either way I've never seen it either.

They did have at least one match on an April 1998 Shotgun/Superstars, that was on Youtube up until a month ago but now appears to have been taken down.

• Paid Members
On Shotgun against the Quebecers. Believe it or not, Armageddon lost.

They show a quick clip on Raw if I recall right, when talking about something far more interesting. I really must finish watching that set.

Whats old B-2 up to now a-days any way?

Archived