Worst Factions Of All Time.

CleetusVanDamme

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nexus, presuming you take the group as a whole and don't judge them solely on the merits of its leader. Though I suppose this would be more of a 'most disappointing' faction, rather than plain worst. Boricuas are also a good choice. Apart from Savio, I'm struggling to remember any of the other ones.

Truth Commission were also rubbish.

I can't believe Kaientai and The Brood were included here. The Brood never maybe reached the potential it was granted by their frankly excellent entrance music (one of, if not the best entrance theme WWE has ever made) and Kaientai were better when it was just TAKA and Funaki, but they were both fun stables.

When it comes to Kaientai, I'm talking about the 1998 version when they were a proper faction with Yamaguchi San as their manager feuding with Taka and Val Venis over Yamaguchi San's wife. The tag team were funny in 2001 with the "dubbed" mic gimmick. The Brood were at least colourful characters, it's just I prefer Edge and Christian when they were with Kurt as funny geeks rather than doing the gothic gimmick. Gangrel was fine on his own as a jobber I guess.

• Paid Members

Mr. Yamaguchi was a big-name Japanese wrestling photographer, wasn't he? Wally Yamaguchi? He was like a Japanese Bill Apter.

Who was Mrs. Yamaguchi-san? Thanks.

Back on topic, I'll go for the "Union" of the Big Show, Foley, Shamrock and Test. Face stables rarely work and this group must have lasted about three weeks.

I've got vague memories of a short lived faction in the WWF called 'The Union'. Pretty sure it was McMahon led, and included Shamrock, Test, Mankind and one another. They all carried Jim Dugganesque 2x4's and were pretty pants for the cup of coffee that they were around for.

Big Show, Mankind, Ken Shamrock and Test, it was based on wrestlers screwed over by The Corperation teamig together against it.

Nexus, presuming you take the group as a whole and don't judge them solely on the merits of its leader. Though I suppose this would be more of a 'most disappointing' faction, rather than plain worst. Boricuas are also a good choice. Apart from Savio, I'm struggling to remember any of the other ones.

Weren't they generic Latin names like Hector and Jesus?

• Paid Members

Weren't they generic Latin names like Hector and Jesus?

Miguel Perez Jr (the hairy one), Jose Estrada Jr (Did Edge break this guy's neck on his debut?), Jesus Castillo (Never heard of the guy).

Who was Mrs. Yamaguchi-san? Thanks.

I've had a look through some Observers from the time and Meltzer doesn't name her, just says she is a Japanese model. Despite not giving her name, he does bring up that she is just 17 years old (and looks younger than that).

Cheers for the info re. The Union xear.

• Paid Members

The dungeon of doom. It's not the people in it so much as everything else about it.

The Baroque's and the No Limit Soldiers are both good shouts. I liked DOA myself, not in a big way but I did. The Harris Brothers were both kind of crap though.

I heard an interview with Taz where he says how much he hated The Cabinet because it was so hard to put over as he thought it was just really, really shit. I quite liked it, it fed the lucky JBL scrape through thing.

The dungeon of doom. It's not the people in it so much as everything else about it.

The Baroque's and the No Limit Soldiers are both good shouts. I liked DOA myself, not in a big way but I did. The Harris Brothers were both kind of crap though.

I heard an interview with Taz where he says how much he hated The Cabinet because it was so hard to put over as he thought it was just really, really shit. I quite liked it, it fed the lucky JBL scrape through thing.

I think that JBL's Cabinet could have been much better if he had the right people in it, rather than the useless Basham Brothers and Orlando Jordan. I can't think of anyone else who could have took the role though, as the mid card and tag teams on Smackdown during that time were not exactly loaded with talent suitable for the position, if you think about it.

• Paid Members
But it had Stevie Ray and SCOTT NORTON! I actually enjoyed their mini-feud with The Cat. It was throw away stuff, but it was enjoyable throwaway stuff.

Exactly! Stevie Ray calling everyone a fruit booty and hit people with his slapjack. amazing times!

Archived