Seinfeld

Devon Malcolm

The guy above said you can't judge it on clips. I'm saying I have now seen an episode all the way through and still didn't enjoy it. What's the problem?

Seinfeld can not be "got" by just watching one episode. Took me a while to get into it. Now like the guy who restarted this thread, I am watching throigh the DVD's and I am hald way through season 8 at the moment.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i didnt think id enjoy lots of other shows ive recently got into. seinfeld just isnt for me i guess. maybe thats a shame, im happy to watch it again and see. i dont think i chose a poor episode seeing as it was recommended by a massive fan. i did try to enjoy it. i thought it was a decent show, just didnt find it funny. you are right about not knowing the characters having an affect, it just hasnt been the case with other shows i started watching lately.

• 2 years later...
  • Paid Members

Iv'e been rewatching all these again lately as I generally do twice a year and it is such an incredible show, the writing is on another planet from most shows of this kind. The season (4 I think) where Jerry and George are pitching the show to NBC is amazing episode after amazing episode and is surely one of the best things ever committed to film. On my first run watching it because so many of the jokes are about the upcoming payoff I wondered how it'd stand up to rewatchability but somehow it's even better. George might be my favorite character ever and Elaine is very well done considering female characters on sitcoms at the time more or less boiled down to wife/girlfriend/mother

Archived