2010 Scottish Wrestling Top 20

AJS269

This Scottish Wrestling top 20 should only be reserved for the opinion on people who are PAYING CUSTOMERS ONLY to Scottish events on a regular basis. This vote should not be open to people who are trainees/workers/staff/people associated with a company but ONLY PEOPLE WHO ARE REULAR PAYING FANS TO EVENTS EXCLUSIVELY.

Right, now I'm not slagging this. I AGREE with it. But is there any way to enforce such a poll? I'd say so, but haven't seen it done...

As for buddying up to fans, people can do that all they like with me and I have and will give them stick regardless. Even recently I've done so. I don't think the buddying up works much.

You see this on most shows within the UK. Some wrestlers will come out and speak with the same fans at each show.

It's an age old tactic. Buddy up to the fans, they'll always have your support as well as buy your merchandise of course ;)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.....

Once again tommy you've done yourself and injustice by posting claims online that trainees are bullied into voting for their trainers in Internet polls. Okay....

As for the fans and wrestlers gettin pally thing. I've met several folk up here who, while they're not proper 'mates' i still enjoy speaking to them and find things other than wrestling in common with them. I wouldn't say being pally with a wrestling fan makes you a better worker in eyes of said fan. You either do it for someone or don't. whether you interact with then personally or not...

I hate the scene in Scotland for the fact that there are people that are that paranoid about their position in Scottish wrestling and in the bigger picture the UK scene that they abuse trainees lower than them buddy up to fans making them think they are friends with marks and people at training schools that get told to vote for people because if they do they won't get on shows or get rough treatment at training. Or if the wrestler is not good enough then the people invoulved in the company will be forced into voting them to make the company they are associated with look good.

So Tommy Where you talking about ALL the promoters\wrestlers or just the ones you dont like ? :rolleyes:

Jam

Damn how long is left for voting I lost all my numbers at the weekend and not sure I can get all my trainees numbers in time to threaten them. If I dont crack the top 5 January will be titled something like this 'SPWA presents January 2011 - The month of the back bump'.

All joking aside I see Tommys point as lots of folk will be biased towards mates etc but am sure that happens on most online vote things but Tommy to say that traineers bully their trainees into voting for them was a bloody idiot of a thing to say. This isnt meant to offend anyone but traineers/promoters have got more to worry about than The UKFF ie promoting shows and running schools.

Lets also be honest Tommy since you have brought this on yourself. Your comment was aimed at SWA which is poor behaviour coming from someone who works for companies asscociated with SWA. You have no knowledge of what goes on at their school and have no right to make that remark. What also annoys me is that folk know your are associated with The SPWA and will assume you are talking about our school. Colin doesnt even know how to post his show info on UKFF and the first time I saw this thread was when me and Andy Wild got bored in Denmark and went on UKFF for a bit as most of us do from time to time.

I am sorry to blast you in public as you are a friend and a good employee but you have to stop posting stupid inaccurate shit on the UKFF which can affect peoples opinions of the companies that emply you.

Before you start txting moaning read back what you wrote and realise how stupid it looks. Yes their is folk that are paranoid, folk with egos and folk that kiss up to fans but to say trainees at schools and people involved with companies get threatened with violence if they dont vote for wrestler A is complete bullshit mate.

Lets also be honest Tommy since you have brought this on yourself. Your comment was aimed at SWA which is poor behaviour coming from someone who works for companies asscociated with SWA. You have no knowledge of what goes on at their school and have no right to make that remark.

Exactly. I have never been, or ever heard of any other trainee in 3 and a half years be, threatened with any kind of physicality should they not vote in an online poll. I'm also certain that the head trainers at SWA would take such an accusation as a very real, very personal insult to their integrity.

I'm not gonna do anywhere near 20 as I don't think there's 20 guys that warrant a vote but here goes.......

1) James Scott - Although he spent a while out injured this year, everything I have seen from him previously and since has been nothing short of outstanding! By far Scotlands most talented worker imo :)

2) Liam Thomson - Easily the most underrated guy in Scotland at the moment! I reckon hes had a particularly good year, saw him in what was one of the best matches I've seen all year at ICW: Dazed and Confused

3) Red Lightning - Red has the whole package! the guy can wrestle but his skills on the mic are something else :) definitely the most entertaining guy on the Scottish scene just now

4) Kid Fite - Ross is another one who impresses not only with his wrestling, he's an awesome heel whom we all love to hate :)

5) Lionheart - Phenomenal talent, this cannot be denied! Lionheart would certainly be higher on my list if it weren't for the predictability of some of his work. I can often call spots

6) Andy Wild - A young talent who is improving at an impeccable rate atm! I become a bigger Wild fan every time I see him! :)

Looking forward to seeing the results :D

Lets also be honest Tommy since you have brought this on yourself. Your comment was aimed at SWA which is poor behaviour coming from someone who works for companies asscociated with SWA. You have no knowledge of what goes on at their school and have no right to make that remark.

Exactly. I have never been, or ever heard of any other trainee in 3 and a half years be, threatened with any kind of physicality should they not vote in an online poll. I'm also certain that the head trainers at SWA would take such an accusation as a very real, very personal insult to their integrity.

Seeing as I know and work closely with the head trainer of Area 52, I can say thats a fair statement. But as Ross has said, all of us in SWA are more concerned with the practicalities of running a show. Not that I don't enjoy UKFF (if I didn't, I wouldn't have an account here ;)) but when I get to work on SWA projects this forum isn't my first priority - I just hope the people here who attend our shows enjoy them :).

I agree with Ross here. Bad form, not just for the statement but being associated with SPWA (and even to a casual viewer, you have PBW all over your sig) I don't think it's fair to risk his name for the sake of a dig.

On topic - the bias is why I didn't submit a list. But I wrote one while at work, and it's not all SWA talent either ;)

After a very long discussion with someone, and being reminded of all of my options and making sure I'm not missing anyone, my top 15 is ...

1. Liam Thomson

2. Red Lightning

3. Noam Dar

4. BT Gunn

5. Lionheart

6. Jack Jester

7. James Scott

8. Kid Fite

9. Carmel Jacob

10. Andy Wild

11. Davey Blaze

12. Johnny Starr