2010 Scottish Wrestling Top 20

AJS269

As it is near the end of the year, I had planned to put my top 20 Scottish Wrestlers of the year. But after seeing the hate for a similar post. I will instead hold a vote to be put here in 2011.

I credit the idea to Big Benny HG.

The rules are this.

1- You can nominate up to 20 wrestlers ranked in ascending order (1st top, 20th bottom) preferably with your comments on the wrestler for the period of January to December 2010.

2- These rankings will then be assigned points (21- The ranking number, e.g 7th gets 14 points)

3- Any wrestler who is Scottish based is able to be nominated.

4- Preferably only vote if you have been to at least two Scottish Wrestling shows.

5- (To clarify) Both Male and Female Wrestlers can be nominated

Send me a PM with you nominations

Once again, credit to Big Benny HG

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've sent the PM, but I thought I'd post my list here.

1. Liam Thomson

2. Red Lightning

3. Noam Dar

4. BT Gunn

5. Lionheart

6. Jack Jester

7. James Scott

8. Kid Fite

9. Andy Wild

10. Davey Blaze

11. Johnny Starr

12. CJ Hunter

13. Wolfgang

14. Adam Shame

15. William Grange

I had a bit of a dilemma with High Energy but decided that thanks to Starr having a couple of really good matches in ICW aside from the High Energy stuff, I'd go with that. I used my UK MOTY thread to come to this lot, as well as going through the UK Events section. Didn't realise how good a year Liam Thomson had. Couldn't be arsed doing reasons right away, but I will be sending them via PM at some point.

Not to take away from your idea to make a scottish based list. But surely with the ukfftop 50 having included several of the guys who will appear in this list, is their much point in it?

A lot of the guys in the UKFF 50 will have been nominated through down south promotions, well, the higher up ones. This should give a better idea of who we think the top guys up here are.

Drew McIntyre count ??? can i add Rowdy Roddy Piper ?? even though he wasnt Scottish he has to be the best wrestler to play a character to come from Scotland right

The rules are this.

1- You can nominate up to 20 wrestlers ranked in ascending order (1st top, 20th bottom) preferably with your comments on the wrestler for the period of January to December 2010.

2- These rankings will then be assigned points (21- The ranking number, e.g 7th gets 14 points)

4- Preferably only vote if you have been to at least two Scottish Wrestling shows.

What part of Scottish BASED wrestler is Hard to Understand?

McIntyre is no longer based in Scotland, Roddy Piper never was.

Drew McIntyre count ??? can i add Rowdy Roddy Piper ?? even though he wasnt Scottish he has to be the best wrestler to play a character to come from Scotland right

The rules are this.

What part of Scottish BASED wrestler is Hard to Understand?

McIntyre is no longer based in Scotland, Roddy Piper never was.

LOLZ

Archived