Double J MMA

quote the raven

• Paid Members
The Double J Double M.A. Dojo skit from a few weeks ago was pretty funny.

Cheers Ian, That is a sensational video. Is there any more to this storyline?

This one was attached to that one. Jarrett demonstrates MMA in the ring.It's much, much duller.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that the JJMMA storyline was leading to a feud with Samoa Joe, however in typical TNA booking style Joe appears to have completely forgotten about being injured by Jarrett and Immortal and Jarrett appears to be going back to feuding with Angle. Angle and Jarrett had some compelling and intense contests last time around so in terms of matches we're going to be in for a treat, I don't really see why any of the MMA stuff was particularly necessary as it seems to serve no purpose other than to hammer home the fact that Jarrett is a heel and waste a bit of TV time on Impact. Maybe I'm wrong but storylines, angles and segments on a TV show should only exist to draw an audience in and keep them glued to the show, is anyone actively taking time out of their day to watch the JJMMA segments on Impact?

Am I the only one who hates this storyline, as someone who trains in MMA and pro wrestling its just fecking boring.

I may not train in either MMA or pro wrestling but I still hate this storyline. To borrow Miz's line - Really? Putting an ankle lock on a 7 year old? Really? That doesn't make you look dangerous or hard Jeff - it just makes you look lame IMO.

Lame, unless you're Jeff Jarrett. Its obviously clear its a tongue in cheek parody of MMA. Hence the ankle lock on a seven year old. He's not really an expert you see, its all a ruse just to mock Kurt Angle. The fact he's beat the snot out of random plants in the audience rather than anyone worth a damn.

Its supposed to be lame, its supposed to get Jeff Jarrett heat and guess what? It works.

• Paid Members
Am I the only one who hates this storyline, as someone who trains in MMA and pro wrestling its just fecking boring.

I may not train in either MMA or pro wrestling but I still hate this storyline. To borrow Miz's line - Really? Putting an ankle lock on a 7 year old? Really? That doesn't make you look dangerous or hard Jeff - it just makes you look lame IMO.

Didn't know Jeff posted here.

Anyway, what are you talking about? It's quite clearly supposed to be a comedy skit, surely nobody's thick enough to believe that it was filmed to make him look hard. Christ almighty.

It's been a masterclass in building a feud with only one person present. By the time Angle turned up on Impact this week, the fans were begging for him to kick the shit out of Jarrett. It's also a neat way of getting Angle back into TNA after his "retirement" as it's just an exhibition.

Didn't know Jeff posted here.

Probably not. Vampiro did mock us that one time though...

Would laugh if Double J came on here and did the same.

Funny stuff. Always liked Jarrett and he seems to be in his element there. The guy has always been great at playing the cocky, deluded heel character who boasts about his own greatness and I can see it leading to good things. Those Angle/Jarrett matches were excellent - some of the better stuff TNA has ever done (at least that I've seen) and some of the few TNA matches (Knock Outs stuff a few years ago, Beer Money/MCMG feud this year) that I've actively sought out whilst not watching TNA. If it results in some more matches of that caliber I'll look forward to seeing them. Speaking of which if TNA was that funny all the time, I'd watch every week.

• Paid Members

Yes, you are the only one who hates it, Jarrett should be doing something much more bland (crica 2004), that would be much better

Archived