IPW: NO ESCAPE 2011, Sun 6th March, Sittingbourne

Andy

• Paid Members
Very happy to see The New Whore (watch any promo vid of his and you'll see what I mean) get an IPW:UK shot and I was just thinking that there could have been space on this card for some new blood in the roster. From what I've seen of T-Bone he is solid, but he's yet to have that really good match to make him stand out, so him and Callihan battering the crap out of each other like his E4 match against Arik Cannon would be the best bet.

I still wonder where guys like Leroy Kincaide, The Lion Kid and Spud are going to factor into this show?

That's H-O-R-R-O-R </Prazak> :laugh:

Bizarrely, I saw Sami Callihan work All-Star in Croydon, teaming with Drake Younger, at some point in the last couple of years.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thy kartel video is epic, really really looking forward to watching that match. Surprised at the lack of love on here for it.

Terry for the win.

I don't think it's a lack of love for that particular match just the anticipation for the other matches that have been annouced have unfortuantely dwarfed that for Samuels/Frazier. I'm actually very much looking forward to and whilst not a fan of submission stipulated matches it means this is essentially no DQ/Countout and should be an absolute belter of a brawl!

Oh mate I meant the video. One of the best they have ever done for my money.

The single best video produced by a UK group, without a doubt in my mind. The lack "interest/love" as you mentioned just shows how lucky we are as fans with the output level of some of the groups. I watched it and realised how much we (as in Amerchandise) need to up our game. Many people mentioned about well produced this and that. The video from IPW is the bar in my opinion.

This video is a good example of doing something simply, that expresses the points it needs to and can be understood by all viewers and is done in a fairly inexpensive way just by regenerating content and adding some personal archive. Very well done.

Make sure to ask Sami about his time in All Star because he completely *loved* it.

I don't know to say what I was expecting or hoping from this card, but so far it's going completely beyond expectations. Back in Dec I thought it was going to be a lock for a Samuels/Frazier match (this is happening), Mastiff/Garnell (will probably be announced soon) and thought we would eventually see Haskins vs Spud. Also I was praying for Davey vs Zack (which was going to be the match booked).

Now we've got an opener which looks on paper to be a fantastic opener between quite easily the best tag team in Europe right now, The LDR's, against a tag team that is still getting into their grove but producing awesome matches along the way (Cole & O'Reilly against The ANX from ROH's Final Battle 2010 definitely deserves to be checked out as it was a fantastic opener, and I'm sure this match against the LDR's could compete). I hope this is not a first and last time we see Cole & O'Reilly as they are names to look out for in the future. O'Reilly won me over the first time I saw him with a fantastic match against Bobby Fish, and while I may have mistaken Cole for a jobber the first time I saw him, he's completely won me over with his performances.

T-Bone vs Callihan came completely out of nowhere and was a great surprise. Sami has shown himself as a great hard-hitting intense wrestler, but he does also have some pretty solid wrestling skills behind his strikes and Ameripanese strong style. T-Bone everytime I've seen him in the past has just been a power wrestler and a monster of a man, so I can't wait to see how he handles a brutal war against Callihan. I hope T-Bone is the first of many IPW Sittingbourne debuts for UK guys as there are a lot of guys I'd love to see given the opportunity in 2011.

Scurll vs Generico again came out of left field. After having him over in Dec I was surprised to see Generico back so soon, but extremely grateful. And especially against half of that amazing tag team match the Danger Bee's had against The LDR's. I've said it numerous times that, in my eyes, since Scurll came back from Japan, he has improved so much. And in only the three matches I've seen of his since his return, all three have been off the charts and Scurll has been the man of the match in all three. Everything he does looks crisp, solid and fluid, the guy looks and wrestles like a star, has fast paced, exciting and believable offense, and he is a total babyface favourite. Now how much of that sentence is applicable to El Generico also? For the past three years El Generico has been the best babyface in the business, has had some of the best matches on any given card, and it has been almost impossible for Generico to have anything other than a great match. Now if their exchanges during the tag match in Dec were just to wet the appetite, then this match is going to be off the charts awesome.

When Redman & Haskins were teaming as The Thrillers and having all these great matches against The Kartel and The LDR's, I didn't get to see any of them (outside of the title change against The LDR's on DVD). In fact I only had the opportunity to see them the once against BritRage in what was a very good match. So when they had a semi-reunion in Dec, I didn't think much of it. I thought Haskins would either be busy chasing the Cruserweight belt, or in Japan, and that Redman might enjoy a steady rise to the main events of IPW. But for the original Thrillers to be re-united so quickly and to face The All Stars...... Did not expect that and very happy to see it. Because The All Stars were fantastic in 2010. While I do believe The LDR's to be the best tag team in Europe right now, The All Stars aren't that far behind. And I'm definitely happy that we're going to see more of them in 2011 as I was wondering with them losing the belts at the end of the year if that would turn out to be their IPW exit. This match definitely has a lot of potential.

So I'm gonna go on a limb and say to expect Mastiff vs Garnell after their encounter in Dec. And whilst I'm not against it, I'm not exactly for it. Big Bad Dave had a truly incredible 2010, so this seems like a bit of a downer start to his 2011. And while I have nothing against Garnell, he is solid for what he does, I've only seen his two matches against Stone from April and August so I don't really have much experience as to how talented a wrestler he is. The two Stone matches where basically the Stone show of his hard-hittign brawl/fight style matches and Garnell played the cheap heel. I just get the feeling that the match against Mastiff will follow a lot of the same formulea with Garnell brawling/fighting to try and stay on an even level with the Champ and eventually resorting to cheap heel tactics. I really don't see any other result than a successful defense by Big Dave, and am mortified at the alternative.

Still, complete fantasy booking here, if Garnell was to use his loose affiliation with The All Stars and have their help in a 3 on 1 assault of Big Dave seen as no one has yet to really attack and put the big man down, and then that in turn sets up The LDR's to the rescue and a future 6-man match that results in some miscommunication between Mastiff and Sabre Jnr opening the door for a non-heavyweight to challenge Mastiff for the belt in the future..... Well, I'd be happy with that. And I know Sabre and Moralez faced each other in 2008, but imagine how good a Mastiff vs Sabre Jnr match in 2011 would be!

And then for what I think should definitely be the main event, Frazier vs Samuels, I Quit match, almost one year in the making. This feud has been booked great so far and you should definitely take some time to check out the youtube vid posted on the second page. Their match in August was intense from start to end. And after watching that youtube vid I'm gonna have to check out their match from June too. I've always felt Terry Frazier had potential as a top star, but so far the biggest thing to come from this feud was the relevation that was Sha Samuels as a world-beater mean, twisted, psychotic heel. This feud has definitely made Samuels a main event player and one of the hottest things in IPW right now. So this match should be all about Frazier gaining ground against the ascension of his tag partner and proving that he is still going to be one of the top dogs in IPW:UK, otherwise Sha's star is going to surpass his own. And while I'm really looking forward to this match and have high expectations..... I really don't want this feud to end right now, but the trouble is, if this match doesn't end it..... What possibly could? This feud does mirror the recent Steen/Generico feud in it's simplistic story of one friend turning on the other, and how both have resulted in career defining performances...... But Frazier/Samuels can't end like Steen/Generico with one leaving....... They are both going to be future stars for years to come.

Now that's five announced matches with one most likely to be added..... This card doesn't need anything else adding on top of it, but with this being IPW:UK they may just add something else on that completely changes the goal posts for what defines an amazing show. I hear Go Shiozaki is in Germany the weekend after....... No? Okay :(

So it looks as if 2011 for IPW:UK is going to start off with a big bang. 2010 was an outstanding year, and I have no idea how they'e going to manage to top it. But, rather selfishly, let me throw some ideas out:

Introduce more UK talent. I'm talking about Scottish talent like Lionheart, James Scott and Naom Dar. Talent from the North of England like Martin Kirby, CJ Banks, Joey Hayes, Kris Travis and Stixx. I keep hearing a lot of good things about The Saint from 4FW, maybe he could be given a shot?

The LDR's are going to enter 2011 exactly how they started 2010 with the Tag Belts, but whereas last year they faced opponents from all over the globe, how about further strengthening the home Tag Division of IPW:UK with tag teams like Northern Xposure, Project Ego, The Final Cut? Imagine adding teams like this to a roster that already includes The LDR's, The All Stars and The Former Thrillers? You could realistically run a PWG DDT4-esque tag team tournament and maybe include a spoiler international tag team like Kings Of Wrestling? Who wouldn't want to see The LDR's vs The All Starrs IV, The LDR's vs Northern Xposure and The LDR's vs KOW in an insanely hot final????

And this is something that may be pushing the boat out too much - A double header of shows. You have no idea how much it sucks when IPW:UK get such quality imports..... And I wish they could put on more matches because I'd at least want to see them in two matches that have such potential to be amazing. I know having to share talent with WXW doesn't make this easy as you have to factor into their schedule, but very selfishly I'd love to drive down to Kent, make that arduous trek over 7 hours and have experienced not one but TWO awesome shows. Like I said, this one might probably be pushing it too much, but if it was ever possible, I'd be down for a weekend of shows. Seeing how awesome the weekday Tap N Tin shows look always makes me long for what could have been.

Anyways I think I've typed and fantasy booked enough for one day.

On a side note, both Make Or Break 2010 & Brawl At The Hall 2010 are available from Monday in the merch section!

You know I had to get them.

Am I going mental or something, because I can't see sight of either of these DVDs on the IPW shop, nor any mention of the free international p+p thingmebob...?

On a side note, both Make Or Break 2010 & Brawl At The Hall 2010 are available from Monday in the merch section!

Am I going mental or something, because I can't see sight of either of these DVDs on the IPW shop, nor any mention of the free international p+p thingmebob...?

http://ipwuk.com/sittingbourne/merchandise.php for DEALS!

http://ipwuk.com/sittingbourne/merchandise.php for DEALS!

Wicked, all sorted...!

Has anyone received these DVDs yet or were they delayed going out? I was hoping they'd be here by now

Hi Andy,

There seems to be a problem with your deals page. It wont let me order No Escape 2010, every time i click on it, it comes up as sittingbourne spectacular. Im trying to order all 6 of your 2010 dvds.

Many Thanks

• Paid Members
Still No Sign Of DVDS :( i was told it would be the start of this week still no sign ?

Andy said he was hoping to have them out by the start of this week, so they might still have not been shipped yet.

Hi Andy,

There seems to be a problem with your deals page. It wont let me order No Escape 2010, every time i click on it, it comes up as sittingbourne spectacular. Im trying to order all 6 of your 2010 dvds.

Many Thanks

I will get that link sorted ASAP. If you look towards the bottom of the page there is the 2 for

Archived