The 50 Best Songs Of 2010 (According To Me)

WU LYF 4 LYF

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I'm just not into metal and I have tried. I can be partial to rock as long as it's good, but I can't think of one great rock song from the entire year; The National and Arcade Fire have been the highest profile and best reviewed releases, but I don't rate them at all. Guess rock music is just pretty stale at the minute, there's a lot more interesting stuff happening elsewhere, especially in dance, bass, hip hop and chillwave, as well as the resurgence in dream pop.

For me 10 Mile Stereo is the best track on Teen Dream.

Yeah, between that and Zebra for me, which gives some idea of what's to come.

It's nice to see jj on your list, they're one of my favourite bands of the last year or so.

Yeah, it's not exaggeration for me to say JJn02 is one of my favorite albums of all time already. I must have played that shit literally hundreds of times since I first heard it, the melody and feel of the album never gets old. Perfect length as well, more people should make short, concise albums.

I dig Zebra and Walk in the Park way more than Norway, but that Beach House album is great.

Yep, easily a top ten album of the year, been nearly twelve months since I first played it and it's grown on me every month since then. I started out thinking it was kind of boring but now I think it's fucking beautiful. Still reckon you could cut the last two tracks off without losing much though, that would keep it under forty minutes and be even better.

Not one rock or metal song so far!!

Thank fuck for that. Refreshing to see a wrestling fan not following the herd regarding music tastes.

Yeah I found out about Creed and Alter Bridge via WWE but I'm pretty sure Children Of Bodom,Behemoth,Cannibal Corspe,Unearth,All That Remains,Suicide Silence,etc haven't been on anything WWE.

you don't see many WWE fans at Metal gigs. sorry to brust your bubble but not everyone who watches wwe is a metal fan. last gig I went to There where people taking the piss out of wrestling

To be fair, though, it's a correct cliche that wrestling fans are disproportionately into metal, and hardly ever seem to be into dance or Hip Hop. The UKFF Summer Burn CD's I've received haven't disproved the point.

---------------

"Heard she bought some coke with my money"

Kanye+West+-+Blame.jpg

Kanye West - Blame Game

Genre: Hip Hop

I think introspective, paranoid Kanye is my favourite alias of his. Here he's trying to straighten out in his mind his feelings for a girl he's suspicious about, and it feels like you're listening right into his mind, especially through headphones. The manipulated vocals and moody beat add to this. A lot of people hate the Chris Rock sample at the end, but I have no problem with it. One of the best tracks off the album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuy7RfV_1EY

http://www.mediafire.com/?ip6ryp4dqrwaa1v

• Paid Members
Not one rock or metal song so far!!

Thank fuck for that. Refreshing to see a wrestling fan not following the herd regarding music tastes.

Yeah I found out about Creed and Alter Bridge via WWE but I'm pretty sure Children Of Bodom,Behemoth,Cannibal Corspe,Unearth,All That Remains,Suicide Silence,etc haven't been on anything WWE.

you don't see many WWE fans at Metal gigs. sorry to brust your bubble but not everyone who watches wwe is a metal fan. last gig I went to There where people taking the piss out of wrestling

Because all wrestling fans wear wrestling t-shirts at all times?

I think an untold amount of threads and posts on here over the years tell a story that most wrestling fans listen to rock and/or metal.

Soaring

1266975906_hbpsypizug9qi5l.jpeg

Digital Blonde - Antico

Genre: Progressive Trance

I never thought DB would ever be able to top 'Mooga' but they may just have done it here. This is an atmospheric, dancefloor killer of a track, perfect for 2AM when you're in the zone, drunk and high as fuck. The beat pounds and the choir sample soars over various synth sounds and a couple of killer breakdowns. Ten minutes of bliss, this is what good trance music is all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHMSjZTifzc

http://www6.zippyshare.com/view.jsp?locale...mp;key=65480367

"Each secret you keep keeps me a bit far"

delorean-stay_close.jpg

Delorean - Stay Close

Genre: Dance

This is off 'Subiza', one of my favourite albums of the year by Spanish group Delorean who've been around for a while but only really emerged this year fully. It's all fuzzy synths and washed out summer, with electronic instrumentation but a kind of indie song structure. If you like the atmosphere it creates, then you'll like the song. Others might find it a bit boring, but they're wrong of course.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2gjajntznu2

• Paid Members
I'm all for people having their own tastes in music, but I took the time to listen to all of these songs and they're all appalling. Is this a joke list?

I think you answer your question with what you said at first. It's certainly not a joke list.

I'm all for people having their own tastes in music, but I took the time to listen to all of these songs and they're all appalling. Is this a joke list?

Of course it's not a joke list. A lot of these songs have appeared on many End Of Year song lists, so I'm not alone. A fair few are growers, so they aren't going to grab you on just one listen.

Out of interest, what are your favourite songs from this year? Because if you hate Hip Hop or dance music then a lot of this list won't appeal to you (though I hardly stick exclusively to those two genres). If you think every song posted so far is 'appalling' you must have pretty narrow tastes in music, as they're from a wide spectrum. What don't you like about them?

I'm waiting for NYC Moves To The Sound Of LA to make an appearance.

Or anything by Yeasayer.

You'll be waiting a long time.

• Paid Members

Of course it's not a joke list. A lot of these songs have appeared on many End Of Year song lists, so I'm not alone. A fair few are growers, so they aren't going to grab you on just one listen.

Out of interest, what are your favourite songs from this year? Because if you hate Hip Hop or dance music then a lot of this list won't appeal to you (though I hardly stick exclusively to those two genres). If you think every song posted so far is 'appalling' you must have pretty narrow tastes in music, as they're from a wide spectrum. What don't you like about them?

I'm waiting for NYC Moves To The Sound Of LA to make an appearance.

Or anything by Yeasayer.

You'll be waiting a long time.

That's a shame.

Archived