Film 2010 with the UKFF

Weezenal

• Moderators
It was in the original comic so if you have any issues then it should be with the source material, never understood the hatred of the word to be honest its just another over used curse word to me.

The tone of the film is quite different from the comic though, so the context of the use does change. (not that I agree, though).*

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Why did you go and see it then? All these comic book adaptations do my head in as well, I wouldn't have dreamt of going to see this as a result.

I didn't, I downloaded it. I did so because people were raving about it. My missus also thought I would like it.

I love the fact that a 13 year old girl, :-

Gets shot at by her dad,

Cuts off a junkies leg,

Stabs some hooker threw her silicone tits,

Kills about 30 odd guys like it was any other day,

Yet when she says "Cunt" you think it seems out of context? everything she did was out of context for a 13 year old that was the point was it not? She was a trained assassin well beyond her years in a young child's body.

• Moderators

I feel like I always come into these threads shilling my fucking blog, but honestly, do you want me pasting 2,500 words in here? It's not even the Top 10, either, just a preamble round-up of the movies that deserved a comment but not a placing, and the shitty ones.

Anyway, it's here if you've got about a week to plough through it all.

Kick Ass is mildly funny. I just don't get the humour. And a 10 year girl saying 'cunt' is neither big, clever nor funny. Poor attempt at shock comedy and shame on the people involved for including it. Thats not what the film was about and didn't need it in. That pretty much killed it for me.

as other have said its a direct quote from the comic and something nobody thought they would see. IMO its was quite clever

So if there was a comic where a character face rapes a baby whilst giving a blow job to a dog then they should add that to the big screen version? Get a grip.

If it's in the comic, so what. I'm willing to bet a shit load that they didn't add it in because they thought they owed it to the comic book.

How can people not get the fact that i'm not moaning about the fact a child has said it, but more for the reasons I believe it was included in the film.

I'm entitled to my opinion and i'm sticking with it.

I'm not the one arguing that point though. If you read through the posts peoples arguement against my thoughts are the fact that it's in the comic so therefore should be included in the film. That's just bullshit. Stop losing site of the fact that I have no problem with the word nor who said it.

Look at it from these 2 angles. In one of the Harry Potter films (I forget which) Ron tells Harry to piss off. It wasn't in the book but was included in the film, that's neither here nor there. However, it was out of place, wasn't needed and wasn't necassary. It was added to cause a stir (which it did). I hate that scene because of those reasons.

The second angle, Leon. Mathilda tells the hotel manager that she's sleeping with Leon. That's insinuating paedophilia and rape, much worse than a child saying cunt. However, it is relevant to the character. It wasn't included in the film to cause a stir or shock (the undertones of the film suggests there is a love interest beween the two anyway) it was for the character of Mathilda to shock the hotel manager. And there lies the difference.

Why? In Leon, it's used to show how corrupted her childhood has become, and the same is true for Kick Ass. Her use of the word "cunt" serves to emphasise how far from being a normal teenager she is. It was in the comic for that reason, and is in the film for that reason.

Her character is pathetic, in the original meaning of the term, eliciting pity and compassion from the viewer. Or horn, in my case. I don't see what your objection is to her use of the word really.

Why? In Leon, it's used to show how corrupted her childhood has become, and the same is true for Kick Ass. Her use of the word "cunt" serves to emphasise how far from being a normal teenager she is. It was in the comic for that reason, and is in the film for that reason.

Her character is pathetic, in the original meaning of the term, eliciting pity and compassion from the viewer. Or horn, in my case. I don't see what your objection is to her use of the word really.

Jesus christ, my objection isn't her using the word but for the reasons I believe it was included in the film which may not be for the same reasons it was included in the comics (which to some, may also seem out of place). If Mathilda had said cunt it would have been shocking but for the right reasons (and no doubt would have sent you overboard and spunk non stop for a month).

I can see why you may assume I'm some sort of prude, but I'm really not. I just don't see the point in having something like that in film just for shocking for shock sake. Take away that scene and you still have a messed up girl who lets her dad shoot her & goes around killing gangbangers. I can see perfectly well from that that she's not a normal teenager.

• Paid Members

My copy of Bad Lieutenant is broken, I really need to pick that up again. Quite a difficult choice for me. Toy Story 3, Four Lions and Kick-ass were all fan-fucking-tastic.

Don't think I've seen a bad film that is 2010. 4-3-2-1 is probably the worst film I saw and that isn't that bad.

Edit: I forgot Furry Vengeance. That's my worst film. And I bloody paid to see it too!

Archived