Film 2010 with the UKFF

Weezenal

• Moderators
Kick Ass was fun, but I never need to see it again. Throwaway; not something that should be anywhere near these lists.

4 Lions gets my number 1 spot, no contest.

I did like 4 Lions but found it a bit frustrating as it kept swinging between being serious and emotional and comedy. That's obviously how it's supposed to be but I felt that it cancelled itself out by not being able to be too serious and not funny enough.

I found it really fucking funny all the way through, and then sad at the end so it worked great for me.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

i hate these kind of threads, i can never properley contribute because i forget stuff at the time of writing.

I've actually been kind of slack this year with movies, ive seen plenty at the cinema but outside of the cinema i dont think ive watched anything from this year. Indy and World Cinema stuff has gone straight over my head, i got some catching up to do at home :)

• Paid Members
Gotta say I have had a pretty poor year as well, very little really interests me these days tbh.

Come along to mine and Loki's thread one day and we'll sort you out with summat cracking to watch, mate.

Inception for me on every possible level. Don't care too much about the random backlash that has popped up here and there since the movie was released, it was one of the most gripping and enjoyable cinematic experiences I've had in my lifetime.

There are very few movies that get it right from every possible angle - the visuals, the aural experience, and the script - but Inception, for me, blows everything this year out of the water with that combination. The casting was spot on, with Di Caprio gelling so well with JGL, Page and the team. Zimmer's soundtrack has gone straight into my top 10 of all time. I just adore the styling of the visuals, the idea behind the story, and the appeal on an emotional level too.

Of course I can see why people don't like it, but I've watched it a number of times now and it loses nothing with each repeat viewing. It's just a complete pleasure to watch from start to finish; I always get drawn into the world Nolan has created, and it's one of the most original spectacles I've seen in a number of years.

think_of_the_children.jpg

???

It's not a children's film. I guess you completely missed the point of my criticism.

One instance of the word "cunt" in a film based on a vulgar (more so then the film) comic killed the film for you because you hate that particular word is that about right?

And the actress was 12 or 13 when the film was made not 10 and it could have been worse (or better depending on you point of view) they could have had Hit-Girl snorting cocain and quoting extreme right wing views as well.

I also highly doubt that Chloe Moretz is running around calling everyone cunts so your "shame on them" remark is just over doing it.

One instance of the word "cunt" in a film based on a vulgar (more so then the film) comic killed the film for you because you hate that particular word is that about right?

No. I have no problem with the word and use it myself. Had any other of the characters used it it still would have been out of place. What annoyed me with it is the fact they got a child to do it for the shock comedy and the lolz. Completely pointless and not necessary. Congratulations on still missing the point.

And the actress was 12 or 13 when the film was made not 10 and it could have been worse (or better depending on you point of view) they could have had Hit-Girl snorting cocain and quoting extreme right wing views as well.

Which wouldn't have been relevant to the film. Much like the scene in question.

I also highly doubt that Chloe Moretz is running around calling everyone cunts so your "shame on them" remark is just over doing it.

Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't, I don't care. My shame on them comment was writing it into the film for the reasons I believe they were. It's just plain stupid and idiotic.

The word is still a powerful curse despite it's over use. Had the film been of a different nature and was more appropriate from a character point of view (child or otherwise) then I have no problem with it. My problem is the fact that it was obviously put there merely for shock comedy, and that's what killed it.

Archived