London night out with the lady!

The Reverend

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
You should have a walk between the oxo tower and the London Eye on the south bank as they have some decent places and a Christmas Market.

Was just going to suggest that he takes her up the OXO Tower....

I thought taking a girl up the OXO tower was a euphanism for anal sex, until I was told it is an actual building.

• Paid Members
It does entirely depend on where you are too. If you're along the South Bank, a nice walk along the South Bank and stopping at any of the pubs or restaurants along there, many of which are chain-fare, is perfectly fine. Maybe get a bus up to Brick Lane and wander along there and party a little along Great Eastern Street. If you're in the West End, you need to get to Soho or maybe Fitzrovia. If you're over in Bayswater, head over to Notting Hill for a night out with the raa-raas. I love Upper Street in Islington. If I were up there, I'd head to Keston Lodge, OQO or the Winchester (the latter two on Islington Green). It's just tough because depending on where you are, it's different advice.

A resounding "YES" for both Upper Street and Keston Lodg

• Paid Members
It does entirely depend on where you are too. If you're along the South Bank, a nice walk along the South Bank and stopping at any of the pubs or restaurants along there, many of which are chain-fare, is perfectly fine. Maybe get a bus up to Brick Lane and wander along there and party a little along Great Eastern Street. If you're in the West End, you need to get to Soho or maybe Fitzrovia. If you're over in Bayswater, head over to Notting Hill for a night out with the raa-raas. I love Upper Street in Islington. If I were up there, I'd head to Keston Lodge, OQO or the Winchester (the latter two on Islington Green). It's just tough because depending on where you are, it's different advice.

A resounding "YES" for both Upper Street and Keston Lodg

• Paid Members
Alternatively, ignore all advice to go to Farringdon/Brick Lane/Bermondsey/Tower Hamlets. Go to some pubs, eat some food, then go to Bar Soho, if you like it, and ignore the cognescenti, with their personal tres cool agendas to further.

You gave up all rights to give London advice when you moved to NY. Sod off down Greenwich Village and down a nut cutlet, you woofter. And take your "boid" with you.

• Paid Members
Take her to Belgos (great belgium food and even better beer) in Convent Garden - its directly across from The Donmar warehouse. There are also a few places to drink round that area too.

AH! Another great suggestion. I haven't recently been, so should ask: are they still doing that crazy pricing gimmick for dinners where, if you arrive at, say, 5:37pm they charge you

• 2 months later...

Thought id revive this one as despite working in London I have no idea where is decent to eat etc. Going to see Cirque Du Soleil on Friday at the Royal Albert Hall and looking for a decent restaurant, will probably get something at Waterloo before we get back on the train home as Kensington, I imagine, will be a bit pricey for a quick meal. Ive seen a decent place called Azzurro, anyone know if its any good or know of any other good 'uns?

• Paid Members
Strange place maybe for my first post (long time reader, first time poster) but just wanted to point out that The Oxo Tower is of course a real place much to the joy of restaurant reviewers on the web :

Up the Oxo Tower

Good call.

Archived