Snake's WWE Invasion 'Royal Mafia Rumble'

Snake Plissken

• Paid Members

I agree that it's looking highly likely that Ron is either the vigilante or the serial killer, but I don't know that I'm convinced that he's the serial killer. Here's my reasoning:

If you've got a vigilante in a game, then I'd expect there to be a serial killer as well to balance it out (unless, of course, it's a one-shot kill). I'm not convinced that it's a one-shot kill, as he would either have had to be convinced Triple A was anti-town (whether scum or serial killer) or that either insert or TMS were. And I can't quite justify any of them warranting a one-shot kill. So that suggests we have a regular (or a compulsive) vigilante.

So I think about it like this - if I were a vigilante, with the power to kill someone each night if I so chose, and if I were cautious, I'd probably be on the lookout for a serial killer as well as scum, because otherwise, town is slightly overpowered. As a result, I'd probably raise it quite early - which is what Ron did. Admittedly, I'm kicking myself, because he repeatedly used the same breadcrumb that I used in the last game.

Whereas, if I were a serial killer, that doesn't necessarily mean that there's going to be a vigilante to balance things out.

So basically, I can see Ron's logic if he were the vigilante, but not if he were the serial killer. Unless it's an incredibly ballsy WIFOM.

Now, that leads to the second point.

If Ron's the vigilante, why on earth would he roleclaim unless there was a pressing need to? It's not like we haven't had games where people have claimed other people have committed actions - hell, I did so myself in the cowboy game.

You've repeatedly told us, Mike, that people should only claim if they're at L-1. It's kind of putting Ron between a rock and a hard place, as if he claims, he's being anti-town by claiming when there's no pressing reason, but he's also anti-town by lying.

Of course, if he's scum or SK then all bets are off. I just can't understand the play if he's a serial killer though. It's an incredibly ballsy play if he isn't the vigilante.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you this Serial Killer by any chance Ron?. Nobody else has mentioned such a role, so I find it odd why you'd just bring it up as "almost certain"

Because it'd be an utterly genius move for me to bring the subject up if I was :rolleyes:

Exactly. If you say there's a serial killer, naturally everyone would think "well he's not going to roleclaim like that", but you'd know we'd all think that wouldn't you?. You still have just as much chance of being the SK if there is one.

I always had my doubts about Ron, from him raising the inital point about he was "almost certain" about a SK/Vig in the game at a time people were just getting over posting flavour. I never thought that he would be stupid enough to actually allude to a third party role he had himself but I'm starting to believe it more and more now. I initially thought he was Nexus scum trying to sway the town away from hunting Nexus and being primarily focused on finding a third party role that no one had any inclination existed but it looks more fishy now that he's actually the third party who killed someone last night. Triple A also blatantly asked Ron if he was the SK and he's been killed this past night as well.

FOS Ron

• Paid Members

Well, it's hard to prove that someone is "not" a vigilante, I mean beyond a cop result saying guilty (and sometimes SK's get investigation immunity anyway, but remember TMS also was focused extra strongly on Ron on Day 2... TMS was the cop...).

Here's how I think things have gone:

1 - Ron tried breadcrumbing Vigilante (it's worth noting I had to tell him to shut up, and nobody seemed to know why I felt he was town at that point, as a few people (mainly TripleA) attacked me for not revealing why I thought that way.

2 - Night 1, TMS investigates Ron

3 - Day 2, TMS attacks Ron non-stop, pressing him extra hard and only shifting when it's nearing deadline and obvious Ron isn't the lynch.

4 - Night 2 Ron kills TMS for attacking him so much, leading to TMS flipping cop.

5 - Day 3 (today) Ron is told to reveal his night kill results (he breadcrumbed Vig, that much is 100% definite thanks to what I showed), and rather than announce his actions (what did he do night 1 anyway?) he instead claims the two power roles targetted a PGO.

If he had announced his results (Has to have been TMS after Day 2) it would show that the "vig" took out the cop, despite there being no evidence to show why TMS could have been scum. Meaning he had to come up with a really poor reason as to how the power roles die.

Ron = SK.

• Paid Members

So Mike, if I'm a serial killer why did three people die? I'm not and the breadcrumbing thing is nonsense, I didn't even know It's just evidence of me usig the word 'vigilant' a lot. It'd be a disaster if I died. I didn't wanna do this as I hoped (note yesterday when I kept bringing up a power role) that the scum would target me. I'm the only one they can't kill. I AM the paranoid gun owner. TMS investigated me, INH protected me, probably because of all this power role talk. The idea is scaring similar to what Triple A said - Cody Rhodes hates being hit in the face so much that he's paranoid. DO NOT lunch me or you'll fuck yourselves over. I think you're town Mike - and all I can say is trust me on this. If I'm lying my words will mean fuck all in future games. You'll see tonight that no one will die unless they try and target me, or are scum. I promise this is my role - the 'breadcrumbing' was a co-incidence. DO NOT lynch me - take my word on this one, the town will be seriously fucked to lose another two today.

• Paid Members

Plus targeting TMS would be seriously bad play - I just built a case on Nexus which saved Dan, and could quite easily have built on that. Killing someone like Bristep, who has played an awesome game so far, would have been a better plan. Killing at random is the best way to play that role. Plus, why did only one person die tge previous night? Probably because scum targetted someone protected and THE HIDER hid behind me!

• Paid Members

Plus targeting TMS would be seriously bad play - I just built a case on Nexus which saved Dan, and could quite easily have built on that. Killing someone like Bristep, who has played an awesome game so far, would have been a better plan. Killing at random is the best way to play that role. Plus, why did only one person die tge previous night? Probably because scum targetted someone protected and THE HIDER hid behind me!

• Paid Members

Hold it...

So "outing" you as a power role was a negative yesterday because it meant the scum would target the outed role...?

Does not compute.

Also, the vigilant thing is nonsense? It's "just evidence of [me] using the word 'vigilant' a lot"... no. No it's not, as evidenced by the fact you mentioned the SK, then suddenly began breadcrumbing Vigilante like you were Hansel and bloody Gretal, then I tell you to shut up... and you stop.

It's clear, and clean evidence.

And "if you're lying" your words wont mean fuck all in future games, because you play to win in each game. It just means you tried all you could in this game and failed.

You're the Serial Killer Ron.

Ugh, so Mike's calling me the killer now? I have a theory like I told you last post. I'm on a phone right now, so can't copy/paste but I was on the mafia wiki, and there's a role called a 'paranoid veteran' (I think) - if someone could copy and paste the entry that'd be handy. But yeah, this is a pro-town role where a player kills anyone who makes an action against them. We lost 2 power roles. They probably targeted the same person - a person with this role. That's my theory, though I'm accessing the site with a phone so please paste the wiki entry so people can poke holes in what I say.

Worth noting that Ron is claiming to be the Paranoid Gun Owner, but got the name wrong when referencing it earlier. Ron, can you give an explanation for that?

• Paid Members

Mike, that's a co-incidence. Stop speaking with statements of fact, that's gonna screw you over if you lead my lynch. This is a pretty easy thing to disprove - if people keep dying you know I'm lying and both the scum and town can team up to lunch me. But you're really, really wrong. If you're town then the scum will turn on you after me, and we'll have lost four towns in two days. You're seeing things that aren't there I'm afraid.

• Paid Members
Ugh, so Mike's calling me the killer now? I have a theory like I told you last post. I'm on a phone right now, so can't copy/paste but I was on the mafia wiki, and there's a role called a 'paranoid veteran' (I think) - if someone could copy and paste the entry that'd be handy. But yeah, this is a pro-town role where a player kills anyone who makes an action against them. We lost 2 power roles. They probably targeted the same person - a person with this role. That's my theory, though I'm accessing the site with a phone so please paste the wiki entry so people can poke holes in what I say.

Worth noting that Ron is claiming to be the Paranoid Gun Owner, but got the name wrong when referencing it earlier. Ron, can you give an explanation for that?

Good point.

Ron = 100% Serial Killer.

• Paid Members

Hider does not die if he hides behind a PGO.

• Paid Members

That was deliberate. I didn't want tge scum to think it was me, so I would be targeted tonight for being a 'power role' - and they'd die, just like IIH, TMS and TheRandySavage.

Also he hinted earlier that he didn't have know he had a role now he is role claiming PGO? Thats quite suspicious play, it seems that maybe I should of continued my push on Ron after all although why did he not kill me when I was pushing hard on him. This one is really confusing me as theres evidence on both sides. My only thoughts are perhaps mike is the scum perhaps pushing hard on Ron to get him lynched but we can't take the risk lynching ron just to find out if mike is scum.

• Paid Members

Good point.

Ron = 100% Serial Killer.

100%? Oh Mike...stop the 'matter of fact' statements. You're so, so, so wrong. If I die don't let Family Guy PMSL get away with this - he's scum and you need to see it. I'm using a phone and will lose signal soon so these may be my last words. So yeah, lynch FG, don't hold Mike's stupid 'spots' against him and goodnight.

• Paid Members

Hider does not die if he hides behind a PGO.

In fairness, the Hider would die because they targetted the PGO. But like I ALSO say... the PGO is normally only a single use role... with it being multiple use it would be massively overpowered in scum's direction because it risks losing tons of pro-town power roles. So it's bollocks.

That was deliberate. I didn't want tge scum to think it was me, so I would be targeted tonight for being a 'power role' - and they'd die, just like IIH, TMS and TheRandySavage.

*cough*bullshit*cough*

Sorry Ron, but you've been caught bang to rights on this one.

And Dan, he likely didn't kill you because you were pushing him "too" heavily. While TMS was pushing him well, but not massively, so he felt that was the better target (plus WIFOM abound after), it just was unlucky for Ron that TMS was the cop.

Archived