Snake's WWE Invasion 'Royal Mafia Rumble'

Snake Plissken

• Paid Members
It's possible, however look at Nexus' role. I'd say that unless Dan somehow had an extra scum kill (which is doubtful, though worth considering with the 3 deaths) Nexus would be the strongest role the scum could have

That's a fair point, even if Dan did have a strong role worth sacrificing someone for you'd imagine the scum would try and throw a weaker / role-less member in the firing line rather than their rolecop. That being said, Nexus did still have a lot of heat on him from day 1 so he'd have been the easiest to do it to.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
True, but I wonder if scum would risk that. Nexus could have hung about and at least gained more information off someone. It basically means Dan's either definite town, or a strong scum role. It doesn't help us either way.

I think you're right, it would have been too much of a sacrifice for the scum to make, and far too risky given their good position so far. I think we might be over-thinking it and that it's simple as Nexus making a bit of a suicidal play coupled with Dan making a very solid defence. In short, I think I'm clutching at straws with this one and it's time to investigate another avenue. I'd really like to hear from the new players and Corey Vandal today.

Also Mike, I think I must have missed or forgotten the pages where your suspicions on Brownie became apparent, without me having to trawl back through could you briefly explain your suspicions on him?

• Paid Members

In short, it boils down to how he got extremely defensive of there being a lynch on Corey, so much so that he was demanding Corey should be replaced even when Corey wasn't required to be, and saying that we shouldn't lynch him because it's the mod's job to get people posting (it's not, the mods job is just to replace people who are inactive, not to replace people who aren't as active as we'd like them to be). So it stunk strongly of "Don't lynch him!" Despite the fact he shouldn't know what role Corey has.

So to that end, it comes strongly across that brownie and Corey are scum together, with brownie being nowhere near the Nexus lynch, it makes me more suspicious of him.

Of course I will state that if brownie flips scum it doesn't necessarily mean Corey IS scum (the other way round it definitely does mean brownie is scum if Corey flips scum) because scum will sometimes defend town players on the basis of buying town points by being against a town lynch. It means trying to see why someone is defending them, and if there's a reason for them to be thought of as town. The way brownie was doing it definitely didn't seem pro-town to me, much more like a desperate scum wanting to keep his buddy in there.

Incidentally.

Mod, give Corey a prod

• Paid Members

Cheers Mike, that makes a lot of sense. I'll keep an eye on that situation and take interest in hearing replies from Corey and Brownie.

At the risk of sounding hypocritical after my relative inactivity last week, fuck it's quiet in here today. Swift, stop cunningly writing notes and planning future 'dropped crumbs' and come play with us.

Only up to page 20 yet so can't enter in the current discussion but seeing as I have already voted scum. I will catch up the game in the next day or so and enter in the current discussion.

I guess we'll have to wait until you're caught up to hear the reasons behind the vote for me.

Corey being online but not contributing to the thread is bad form, could just be half-assery on his part, especially if he is following the thread and can surely see that he's being put under the spotlight right now.

• Paid Members
In short, it boils down to how he got extremely defensive of there being a lynch on Corey, so much so that he was demanding Corey should be replaced even when Corey wasn't required to be, and saying that we shouldn't lynch him because it's the mod's job to get people posting (it's not, the mods job is just to replace people who are inactive, not to replace people who aren't as active as we'd like them to be). So it stunk strongly of "Don't lynch him!" Despite the fact he shouldn't know what role Corey has.

So to that end, it comes strongly across that brownie and Corey are scum together, with brownie being nowhere near the Nexus lynch, it makes me more suspicious of him.

Of course I will state that if brownie flips scum it doesn't necessarily mean Corey IS scum (the other way round it definitely does mean brownie is scum if Corey flips scum) because scum will sometimes defend town players on the basis of buying town points by being against a town lynch. It means trying to see why someone is defending them, and if there's a reason for them to be thought of as town. The way brownie was doing it definitely didn't seem pro-town to me, much more like a desperate scum wanting to keep his buddy in there.

Incidentally.

Mod, give Corey a prod

Hey, first off I know it's a bit redundant, but massive apologies for not being around. Since the game started I ended up splitting with my girlfriend and have been working almost every hour of the day on my 3rd yr uni project. I know it's no excuse but my minds been elsewhere and I hope you can all appreciate that.

Anyway, I've got a day off today so I'm going to re-read this thread in it's entirety and hopefully come to some conclusions (I have been trying to dip in and out of the thread, but to be honest with all that was going on I just wasn't seeing anything or forming any opinions).

First off I'd like to defend myself to Mike. I haven't read the stuff with brownie saying you shouldn't lynch me, but since I'm 100% town the only thing I can assume is that brownie is mafia and is just trying to stir shit for someone that he knew wasn't hear to defend himself. If I was mafia while barely active it would have been really easy for me to just keep dropping in and bandwagon-voting for whatever townspeople were getting suspected, but since I was attempting to scumhunt it would require a lot more effort and thought, so hopefully you can see how unlikely it is that I'm mafia.

Anyway, I'm gonna read the shit out of this thread and make some notes. See you all soon.

• Paid Members
Incidentally.

Mod, give Corey a prod

How about in future you add please? Manners maketh the man and all that jazz.

It wouldn't sound right then, would be too many words and thus the rhyming wouldn't have worked.

Only up to page 20 yet so can't enter in the current discussion but seeing as I have already voted scum. I will catch up the game in the next day or so and enter in the current discussion.

I guess we'll have to wait until you're caught up to hear the reasons behind the vote for me.

Corey being online but not contributing to the thread is bad form, could just be half-assery on his part, especially if he is following the thread and can surely see that he's being put under the spotlight right now.

I, too, would like to know swift's reasons for voting you, especially as he's only up to page 20 but "is voting scum".

• Paid Members
Hey, first off I know it's a bit redundant, but massive apologies for not being around. Since the game started I ended up splitting with my girlfriend and have been working almost every hour of the day on my 3rd yr uni project. I know it's no excuse but my minds been elsewhere and I hope you can all appreciate that.

Anyway, I've got a day off today so I'm going to re-read this thread in it's entirety and hopefully come to some conclusions (I have been trying to dip in and out of the thread, but to be honest with all that was going on I just wasn't seeing anything or forming any opinions).

First off I'd like to defend myself to Mike. I haven't read the stuff with brownie saying you shouldn't lynch me, but since I'm 100% town the only thing I can assume is that brownie is mafia and is just trying to stir shit for someone that he knew wasn't hear to defend himself. If I was mafia while barely active it would have been really easy for me to just keep dropping in and bandwagon-voting for whatever townspeople were getting suspected, but since I was attempting to scumhunt it would require a lot more effort and thought, so hopefully you can see how unlikely it is that I'm mafia.

Anyway, I'm gonna read the shit out of this thread and make some notes. See you all soon.

Good to see you back, sorry to hear about the ol' relationship issues, and I can appreciate that you're hardly going to be thinking about the game much at that point (I had a similar issue in an MS game, which was bad enough, and was made even worse because one of the players was a twat, which frustrated me further).

Anyway, I did make somewhat of a case on you earlier, so while you read through the thread, I hope to hear you respond to that as well. It's only short admittedly, but I would like to hear what you have to say in response.

• Paid Members

Ugh, so Mike's calling me the killer now? I have a theory like I told you last post. I'm on a phone right now, so can't copy/paste but I was on the mafia wiki, and there's a role called a 'paranoid veteran' (I think) - if someone could copy and paste the entry that'd be handy. But yeah, this is a pro-town role where a player kills anyone who makes an action against them. We lost 2 power roles. They probably targeted the same person - a person with this role. That's my theory, though I'm accessing the site with a phone so please paste the wiki entry so people can poke holes in what I say.

• Paid Members

That's actually understandable, sorry to hear about the relationship and hope you're alright. You've at least bought yourself some time with that post as I was close to putting a vote in on you just to try and put some pressure on you to get into the game. I'll hopefully get to read your opinions on the game so far later today then.

Archived