Snake's WWE Invasion 'Royal Mafia Rumble'

Snake Plissken

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Awful night all round :(, We should probably be working under the assumption now then that we have both a serial killer and possibly a town doctor who protected scum. I think the TripleA kill is the one we need to look at most this day phase as he was very active and there were a lot of opinions on him. He was, as Mike said, the closest thing we had to confirmed town so it's possible it was as simple as that though. I'm glad to have two very good players in Swiftstrike and Chris Stone join the game though. Welcome guys, and I seriously hope you're both town because we fucking need it.

• Paid Members
Ah hell. 3 in one night? Is there anyway that could happen without a serial killer role? If doctor protected a scum then that would kill him but the other 2 could only be targetted right?

Not unless the doc is a weak doc (and there's no indication of that thus far, but it is possible the doc was a weak doc without knowing as much).

With the amount that have gone, I'm going to guess that one was a vig kill (TMS or Insert most likely), one was a possible SK (again TMS or Insert) and TripleA was likely the scum kill (being the closest we had to confirmed town, it was good for scum to get rid of him).

I'm still in favour of a Corey or brownie lynch though. But I plan to have a look through the Nexus lynch to see who was quick on his wagon with seemingly no reason, or who was quick to defend him, as we're likely to find scum buddies there.

There's also the possibility, of course, that there are two scum groups. With a gaming size of 20, it's certainly not out of the question - I'm surprised you left that one out.

It's looking to me like there were people (or a person) protected on night one. This is because it looks like either the scum or someone else is taking an attitude of picking off the quieter posters, as therandysavage went on night one, and TMS/Insert on night two, and whoever else is going around killing people targeted someone who's more visible (hence Triple A going last night). I can see the logic behind this, because the more visible a player is, the more likely they are to be watched/protected. Since Triple A had effectively claimed to be a vanilla townie/Superstar in the first place, I don't know that scum would necessarily target him - although, at the same time, he had been hopefully causing trouble for them.

A Macho Cop, incidentally, according to mafiascum is this:

Macho Cop:

Can't be protected by protective roles.

So unless he was effectively a PGO as well, we either have three killing factions or our doctor went to protect scum.

• Paid Members

michael-cole.jpg

"King let's not forget What happened with Kane, now we had be questioning why Kane had come out here with his mask back on and during the break we got our answer, when Kane came storming out from the back we looked again in the ring to realise that imposter Kane had came back and had entered the rumble in his place but the real Kane came out and cleared him out of the rumble and the imposter has high-tailed out of the arena with his tale between his legs."

VOTE BRISTEP123

"But wait Kane has not stopped he is grabbing hold of Santino and yes that's the chokeslam from hell. Ohhh the humanity of it all"

• Paid Members
michael-cole.jpg

"King let's not forget What happened with Kane, now we had be questioning why Kane had come out here with his mask back on and during the break we got our answer, when Kane came storming out from the back we looked again in the ring to realise that imposter Kane had came back and had entered the rumble in his place but the real Kane came out and cleared him out of the rumble and the imposter has high-tailed out of the arena with his tale between his legs."

FUCKING AWESOME.

• Paid Members
There's also the possibility, of course, that there are two scum groups. With a gaming size of 20, it's certainly not out of the question - I'm surprised you left that one out.

You are correct in that it's possible, I just don't feel that, with the flavour (Nexus collecting new members) it's actively plausible. Purely because Snake has tried to keep away from being a bastard mod this game, and throwing one bit of flavour our way, then essentially switching it, would be somewhat bastardly. However it's a fair point worth considering, especially if we get another anti-town flip that's non-Nexus.

Shit.

I was very happy we hit scum at the end of the day phase and thought this would be a turning point to weed out more since then. However I did not expect our Cop and Doc to be thrown out along with Triple A who was the most active player in the game and could of been crucial to us. This day phase will be crucial to taking out one of the Nexus now we've been weakened severly, whilst also working out if we have another scum group or sk/vig in the game.

• Paid Members

Accessing the site on a phone with poor signal. Not a good night all round. I have some theories, but I don't think we have two scum groups since the win goal is to take out 'the Nexus' - so a second group almost seems incompatible. I'll try post something detailed later.

• Paid Members

http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=123212...t&p=2265589

At that point brownie and Nexus suddenly get into a nice little discussion which is one of the few times Nexus appeared to be posting well. Looks more like a little set-up between them to get Nexus to perhaps appear to be being pro-town. (I didn't quote any of it as it's about four posts long)

Lion of the Midlands - You suspected Nexus early on, but then said he hadn't swayed your opinion enough to vote for him and voted Nexus instead. I don't mean to jump on you with an accusation, but this could be seen as jumping on the person with the most votes/who the bandwagon had turned to at the time you were posting. Why did SMS sway your opinion enough to vote for him, but Nexus did not?

This is worth noting. As I'm going through looking at who commented on Nexus, Ron points out LotM (and thus it focuses on his slot) suspects Nexus, but refuses to vote him. Definite points towards that slot being scum. Being as swift has replaced that spot. What do you take to LotM's actions there?

As for Nexus, has he calmed down because he has had some coaching perhaps.

(Before anyone calls me out for editing the post, this is the only line referring Lion, click the arrow beside LotM's name to go to the post)

Sounds to me like Lion knows what was going on.

This is just my personal reading of the situation, I can't back it up with posts but it is just a hunch.

I really do think that Nexus is receiving some outside coaching during this game. He started of with his all guns blazing style and I think has been told to calm down by his scum friends. He is starting to slip again now as I think that they realise he has reined it in to much and that he needs to post a bit to allay suspicion, but my suspicions have already been raised.

Like I say I only base this on my reading of how Nexus has played this game in relation to previous games he has played.

So

Vote Nexus

This feels like a rather weak vote. Again, like he knows what's going on a bit too much.

Whilst I still have my suspicions about Nexus, and to a lesser extent Ron Simmons, it'd be hypocritical of me to accuse Ron of being scum because he twisted what I was saying, whilst completely ignoring Mike and Bristep have an enormous tete-on-tete about Mike doing the same thing.

Suspects Nexus, but doesn't really say anything else about him.

As for the time being, Nexus actually persuaded me he's not worth my vote. I'd rather see Dan and Nexus reach the next day phase alive than mistakenly lynch another townie.

unvote

Ron, this unnerves me. Just as we're nearing the end of the day phase, you suddenly pulled your vote off Nexus, despite pushing for him up to that point.

This game has enough people adding nothing to it, we could do with getting rid of one, so with it so close to a lynch I can live with a Nexus lynch over a No Lynch.

unvote

Vote Nexus

Jumps back on Nexus, with a relatively weak vote.

In the interests of getting a lynch.

I originally voted Dan at the start of the day, because I thought he needed pressure put on him. I changed it to Mike, because Mike's play today has been horrendous. As it came close to the deadline, I changed it back to Dan because he was closest to a lynch - however, then a few people changed their votes to Nexus after he started acting suicidally. Since Nexus has been on the radar throughout the game as a suspect, it's not a lynch I have any issues with.

Yeh I think that about sums up my feelings too. It does perhaps make us seem a bit bandwagon-y, but I'm always against no-lynches under any circumstances. I must have skipped over Nexus' suicidal posts so I'm going to try and find them now. If that's the case though, from the way it's played out do you think it sounds suspiciously like Nexus is throwing himself over the top to save Dan?

Hmmm, BB trying to create suspicion over Dan after Nexus is definitely going to be the lynch, or town overthinking it?

• Paid Members

Something else I checked out... TMS' posts on Day 2, to see if he directed at a single person specifically... I'll note he focused very heavily on Ron... TMS was the cop...

It's entirely possible that TMS investigated Ron and landed a guilty result, which will mean attacking him hard the following day phase. There was no hint as to him being cop prior to it, which means his death is suspect.

Now, considering how close we are to being potentially in LyLo (What with 3 deaths last night), I'm going to push Ron hard here, because while I've said he's town previously, I want to know what he did last night.

So Ron. Who did you kill last night? Why did you pick them? What, exactly, were your reasons for doing so?

(And before anyone tries attacking me for calling him out, I'll say what I'm doing later on, but I need Ron to respond first).

Something else I checked out... TMS' posts on Day 2, to see if he directed at a single person specifically... I'll note he focused very heavily on Ron... TMS was the cop...

It's entirely possible that TMS investigated Ron and landed a guilty result, which will mean attacking him hard the following day phase. There was no hint as to him being cop prior to it, which means his death is suspect.

Now, considering how close we are to being potentially in LyLo (What with 3 deaths last night), I'm going to push Ron hard here, because while I've said he's town previously, I want to know what he did last night.

So Ron. Who did you kill last night? Why did you pick them? What, exactly, were your reasons for doing so?

(And before anyone tries attacking me for calling him out, I'll say what I'm doing later on, but I need Ron to respond first).

It's a good point, looking back through TMS's posts he does make it clear that he thinks Ron is scum but is vague to the reasons (citing his posting style). It could well be that he investigated Ron but couldn't outright say it.

Ron was quite adamant that it was an irrelevant vote, and very defensive of the point much like he was in day one when going back and forth with Dan.

• Paid Members
In the interests of getting a lynch.

I originally voted Dan at the start of the day, because I thought he needed pressure put on him. I changed it to Mike, because Mike's play today has been horrendous. As it came close to the deadline, I changed it back to Dan because he was closest to a lynch - however, then a few people changed their votes to Nexus after he started acting suicidally. Since Nexus has been on the radar throughout the game as a suspect, it's not a lynch I have any issues with.

Yeh I think that about sums up my feelings too. It does perhaps make us seem a bit bandwagon-y, but I'm always against no-lynches under any circumstances. I must have skipped over Nexus' suicidal posts so I'm going to try and find them now. If that's the case though, from the way it's played out do you think it sounds suspiciously like Nexus is throwing himself over the top to save Dan?

Hmmm, BB trying to create suspicion over Dan after Nexus is definitely going to be the lynch, or town overthinking it?

Tricky one, as I said just after that post I think Dan did a very good job of defending himself under extreme pressure, but on the other hand I don't think I've seen a bandwagon turnaround quite like that in any of the 4 games I've played. I signed in and Dan was virtually gone, what was he L-2 or L-3 at one point? Then next time I came back he had managed to completely get himself out of the firing line and Nexus had been voted off (before a few had to re-vote). I'm just wondering if this is down to Dan playing excellently and being town, or Nexus throwing himself under the bus (or over the rope) for him. I'd like to hear your opinion on this one Mike. Does it not seem suspicious to you?

• Paid Members

It's possible, however look at Nexus' role. I'd say that unless Dan somehow had an extra scum kill (which is doubtful, though worth considering with the 3 deaths) Nexus would be the strongest role the scum could have, as they could investigate anyone and find out what role they have. (So they could have investigated one of those who died last night and found out they were a doc or cop on night 1, and killed them night 2... but that makes me concerned about why TripleA is dead, as he was most seemingly town compared to everyone else, and no pro-town killing role should have been targetting him).

So in short, I'm concerned about Dan, but only on the basis that if he's scum, he has an extra kill he can make. However if he's not scum, and we just lynch him based off the back of the slight possibility he can kill extra, then we risk being 3 down again tonight.

Still really, really, happy with looking in the direction of brownie, Corey and swift (who replaced Lion) as I feel we could well be on the right track with that as the scum group. Yet it still leaves us wondering why we had three kills last night, and I still want to know what Ron was doing last night, and why.

I'm pretty sure more information will come from Ron's response, and I'm still waiting for brownie, Corey and swift to talk this day phase. (Though if i know swift, he's spending a long time getting caught up and taking notes, whether he's scum or town)

Archived