Snake's WWE Invasion 'Royal Mafia Rumble'

Snake Plissken

Not a big fan of the VT claim there either Family Guy. I hadn't noticed you mention it previously, and it's still anti-town to be revealing like that.

Well in fairness, I'd already assumed that those who thought I was town assumed I was vanilla anyway, otherwise I'd likely have claimed if it was a minor power role when the heat was on me in the last day phase, or if it was a major power role, I'd have held back, as I would have had something to use a weapon for the town apart from rooting out scum.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Family Guy, please only ever claim if you look likely to be lynched (as in L-1 or 2), claiming otherwise means it would be possible for the scum to just help pile suspicion on a bunch of people, garner claims, and then move onto the next one. A claim should be the last thing that happens before the hammer is dropped, and generally a claim shouldn't change things (however a vig claim means you can direct the vig, a cop claim means directing the cop etc. The scum will take them out if they're lying because the scum can't risk leaving them alive).

Obviously a vanilla claim doesn't stop the lynch, nor do things like roleblocker, or bus driver etc.

And TripleA, that's likely why certain characters are given the vanilla role. Of course, when you look at Punk he's straight edge, so you could say he thinks clearer than most, and so he's the Cop (because he can see things clearer), or like you say, he could be cult, or he's the vote stealer because he's good at getting people to agree with him, whatever. There's multiple roles that can be for each person, but in some games (this being one) certain roles lend themselves to power roles more than others. Hence if we don't reveal names right off the bat, those power roles remain hidden until they're forced to claim.

Also...

Mod, I'm V/LA from tomorrow at 10am until midday Monday

I'm still in favour of a Nexus lynch, so I wont be removing my vote before I go either. (Of course, a Dan or a Corey lynch is fine by me too).

• Paid Members

Still catching up, guys. Was hoping to get it done yesterday, but life interrupted.

Starting to form some opinions from the second days postings, now going back to reread day one. Once I've done that, I'll share the opinions.

• Paid Members

I'm not comfortable with the way Mike's been playing, and I've been getting less comfortable the more time I've had to think about it.

I think he's contradicted himself multiple times, he's been aggressive to the point of almost being modkilled, and he's basically tried to bully his way through the game. He was caught out enormously by Bristep - and I'm sorry, but there's a huge difference between 'leaving out what isn't relevant' and 'leaving out what is relevant, but doesn't support my case'. And that's my biggest issue with Mike at this point. I'm still annoyed at myself for trusting the post at relatively face value, and not going back to check in case Mike was making up a case. I also don't get his attitude of 'if I don't agree with you, that doesn't mean I'm scum' when he's one of the first to throw accusations of scum around based on that. On top of that, as soon as a strong case on him is made, he sidelines it, and goes straight back to telling people how to play.

I think the V/LA is convenient timing as well, since it's taking him up to the end of the day, and it'll make anyone who pushed on him look scummy.

On top of that, I'm not convinced by Nexus, and if he's voting for Dan, that makes me unsure about that vote.

Unvote

Vote: Mike Castle

Mod, can we get a vote count please?

Thought it would be best to catch up on where we are, given that there are only a couple of days left in this phase.

Chris, I don't recall Mike making prior mention of being away (or Ron for that matter, but he'll be back before the end of the phase) so it could well be a ploy but while I think that he might well be scum, I've not completely made my mind up on him. He needs to be watched closely but the problem I have is that he is away now until the end of the day phase and we don't really have a chance to put him under scrutiny between now and then.

I think that we need to focus on those that are going to be here this weekend, and go back to Mike in the next phase. A lot of his interplay has been creating (or being drawn into) arguments/interplay with one specific participant at a time. He hasn't had applied pressure from a mob yet and maybe that needs to happen.

We need to focus on active suspects this weekend so that we can be as sure as we can that we eliminate a scum on this phase. We lost 2 town last time and if the same happens this phase then we're on the back foot.

• Paid Members

I know what you mean about him bullying his way through the game. He disagreed with an accusation I made my calling me the village idiot, then sidestepped every point I made.

When I made a final point against him he ignored it amidst a few tellings off by the mod. When I later repeated myself and asked him to answer it, he didn't.

When I agreed with Bristep about his points on Mike choosingly editing things, he brushed it off as me "not thinking with my head".

Whilst I still have my suspicions about Nexus, and to a lesser extent Ron Simmons, it'd be hypocritical of me to accuse Ron of being scum because he twisted what I was saying, whilst completely ignoring Mike and Bristep have an enormous tete-on-tete about Mike doing the same thing.

I don't like Mike's 'shout you down' attitude, forcing his opinion as if it is fact down people's throat thus far, and the fact that he seems to revel in twisting people's words (as he did with me in a game when I was town, putting me to L-1) to the point that they realise it's pointless defending themselves, because once you get into an argument with him that becomes the focus of the game, and a lot of other scum-hunting can be lost, because you waste a day face picking sides between Mike and whoever chose to tell him 'I don't think that's right'.

As was said earlier, this is not a game of 'Follow Mike Castle', yet again he's tried to make mountains out of molehills with TripleA and bristep, trying to focus attention, and subsequently votes or wagons onto players that don't follow his line of thinking. That's scummy, dangerous and detrimental to the town cause.

unvote

• Paid Members

I've had a long think about this today and my biggest concern was about low posters and other peoples reaction to them.

I do not accept that it's a good idea to vote and lynch Corey at this time. If he's not playing then lets get Swift, JLM or Chris Stone in on it - they're brilliant. Statistically, we're more likely to hit town and i'm not willing to do that based on a 50/50 punt. I'd rather make an informed vote.

I can't shake the belief that the only real reason to vote Corey is to get an easy lynch and improve your defecit and position, which is scummy as hell.

Elsewhere, Dans illness has caused him to slink to the back, so nothing new has come from him and Nexus seems to be getting stick regardless of what he does. Ron gives me no concern right now and I feel similar about Chris.

The 2 people who voted Corey were Tripper and Mike. I'm fairly sure that Triple A is WWE which leaves Mike.

I don't like how he went after the 'easy' lynch and can't see a pro WWE reason to do what he did.

• Paid Members

I find it highly suspicious how not long after Mike announces he won't be here over the weekend, 3 people vote him back to back. Trying to pick him off while he can't argue back it seems.

• Paid Members
I find it highly suspicious how not long after Mike announces he won't be here over the weekend, 3 people vote him back to back. Trying to pick him off while he can't argue back it seems.

He's still here until tomorrow. For me, the timing is far more to do with the argument between him and Bristep yesterday.

He's still here until tomorrow. For me, the timing is far more to do with the argument between him and Bristep yesterday.

He posted his V/LA yesterday, so he's gone til Monday.

Archived