Snake's WWE Invasion 'Royal Mafia Rumble'

Snake Plissken

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Mike, I rather take issue with you lumping me in with a group of people you've labelled as "potentially posting fluff". I've been pretty active, not only scumhunting, but also trying to get people to go for quality lynches rather than fast ones (i.e. getting people to not pile onto a wagon so fast). Sure, I got it wrong about SMS, but I gave him plenty of chances to explain himself before deciding to vote for him.

Be that as it may, I'm not really thinking you're scum yet, although there's something a bit off about chucking a load of people into groups for subtle hints at accusation. At the very least, I'd like to know why you felt it was necessary to go down that route of inquiry, especially as I'd like to think my play has pretty much been pro-WWE?

I'm now a little suspicious of Mike, it's just the way you keep saying that you noticed something that'll prove Ron's most likely town and yet you won't say what it is. Now i think i can understand why you might be reluctant to say what exactly it is you've noticed but if you don't speak up soon i fear it may cause more people to suspect you.

• Paid Members

I don't care if people suspect me for doing something pro-town, I'm used to it at this stage.

And Carbomb, you're "lumped in" with them, purely because the only posts of yours I personally actively remember are those asking questions about the game mechanics. If anything it suggests more that I need to keep an eye on things more than anyone I mentioned. Which is why I'm finding it stupid that so many people are acting like I shoved a red hot poker in their japs eye from it. Considering... y'know, I have never once suggested anyone has only been posting fluff yet. But that doesn't seem to have stopped certain people (mainly one person admittedly) claiming otherwise.

So yeah, I'm not even viewing you, Family Guy, Chris B, or whoever as "potential scum" or whatever, just noting that I need to go check that group of people's posts when I next get chance. It's also the perfect chance for people to say "Hey, I agree" or "I don't agree with that on this person because..." Rather than people attacking me for... fuck all.

• Paid Members

Despite coming across as a prick in his posts (i'm sure he doesn't mean to, but he does), I think Mike is getting a bit of a raw deal here. He has been posting regularly (which makes him an obvious target) and if he's noticed things that can benefit us later, than that's a good thing.

I accept what TMS and Lawz said about quality of posts instead of quantity and those 2 have provided a bit of insight, but Mesacret, Bugsey and Corey really haven't.

Mesacret, Bugsey and Corey - right now, who do you suspect of being scum? Why is that? What do you make of The Randy Savage dying? Do you have anything to ask me or anyone else?

• Paid Members
Despite coming across as a prick in his posts (i'm sure he doesn't mean to, but he does), I think Mike is getting a bit of a raw deal here. He has been posting regularly (which makes him an obvious target) and if he's noticed things that can benefit us later, than that's a good thing.

I accept what TMS and Lawz said about quality of posts instead of quantity and those 2 have provided a bit of insight, but Mesacret, Bugsey and Corey really haven't.

Mesacret, Bugsey and Corey - right now, who do you suspect of being scum? Why is that? What do you make of The Randy Savage dying? Do you have anything to ask me or anyone else?

I think I disagree about TMS, he's been prone to post "I agree" and "good spot" style posts. It's difficult, because you're not given enough information to make an informed opinion on these people.

• Paid Members

The Here it is Votecount

2. (The Miz) Top Man Shopper

3. (Kane) Lion of the Midlands

4. (Dolph Ziggler) Brownie

5. (Randy Orton) Family Guy PMSL (L-9) Family Guy PMSL

6. (CM Punk) Dan Williams (L-8) Mike Castle, TripleA

7. (Cody Rhodes) Ron Simmons (L-8) Dan Williams, Top Man Shopper

8. (Big Show) Nexus

9. (HHH) Bugsey713

11. (Santino Mariella) bristep123

12. (R-Truth) insert_name_here

13. (Kofi Kingston) Carbomb

14. (Sheamus) Mike Castle

15. (Bryan Danielson) TripleA

16. (Edge) Burchill's Buddy

17. (Rey Mysterio) Mesacret

18. (MVP) Lawz

19. (Jack Swagger) Chris B (L-9) Chris B

20. (Christian) CoreyVandal

With 18 Alive it takes 10 to throw someone over the top rope. This phase ends on Sunday 12 th December at 23:00

• Paid Members

Interesting. So there's no double voter voting yet. I don't think it's me given the fact there was a double vote in place before I placed my vote yesterday, but when there's purpose in another vote count I'll place my vote on someone with none to see what happens.

Question time!

Dan Williams - Do you still "actively want the scum to win"? Also you made this statement earlier:

Owing to Chris B's last post, SMS has made only 6 posts so far where as Nexus has made around 30,

Chris B responded:

What are you on about? Nexus has made 7 posts, SMS has made 5.

Then you replied:

You are right I appologise I think I had nexus confused with yourself when I glanced at the list of posts, sorry if anyone found this misleading.

This kind of got overshadowed earlier, but why did you get nexus confused with Chris B of all people?

Chris B - What is your opinion of the above exchange?

Top Man Shopper - You're voting for me, and I respect your right to do so, however I'd like to ask why? You've said I've acted scummy, but in what way? What scummy things have I done/said? Any questions you want to take to me, rather than just placing your vote without giving the victim of it a chance?

Bugsey713 - You said you felt you could bring "new ideas and a fresh view" to the game. What are your ideas, and what is your view?

Lion of the Midlands - You suspected Nexus early on, but then said he hadn't swayed your opinion enough to vote for him and voted Nexus instead. I don't mean to jump on you with an accusation, but this could be seen as jumping on the person with the most votes/who the bandwagon had turned to at the time you were posting. Why did SMS sway your opinion enough to vote for him, but Nexus did not?

Family Guy PMSL - There was a stage in the game where you really focussed on me and made the following comment:

My vote is only in on Ron at the time being because that's the direction the focus of the game has headed in, it may change come tomorrow, but as it stands I'll be voting Ron.

This flagged you up to some people, including myself if I'm honest, since your normally more balanced when you play. What is your general opinion on the game now? Also do you feel like you've played the game differently this time round, and if so/not why?

insert name here - Early on you suspected Lion of The Midlands for trying to cast doubt on Nexus. What are your opinions on both posters now? How have your opinions changed throughout the game, if they have at all?

Nexus - The bandwagon against you really kicked off when you claimed you voted for Triple A to kickstart discussion. Do you still stand by that justification, or was it perhaps an excuse to get you out of the firing line? Who are your main suspects?

Triple A - You named your top 5 suspect list early in the game as Nexus, me, LOTM, insert name here and Mike Castle (in that order). How have your opinions changed on these posters since then?

brownie - You raised this point earlier:

-if SMS is telling the truth, isn't it fair to say that the Nexus will have a roleblocker? What's to stop them cancelling SMS out?

Now we know he was telling the truth, do you still feel this is a concern?

Carbomb - Throughout most of yesterday (in game time) you said Nexus was your number one suspect. However, you voted for SMS. What swayed it for you, and who is your number one suspect at the moment?

Mesacret - I struggled to find any posts from you to question you one. Could you please post something either detailing your opinions on SEVERAL players, OR simply name five people you believe could be scum, and five you think are town.

I know I haven't questioned everyone here, but there are so many players right now I've been selective. And please don't take any question of a dodgy action as an accusation, it's not - I'm just trying to create discussion.

• Paid Members
brownie - You raised this point earlier:

-if SMS is telling the truth, isn't it fair to say that the Nexus will have a roleblocker? What's to stop them cancelling SMS out?

Now we know he was telling the truth, do you still feel this is a concern?

I'm still stunned that SMS was telling the truth but his flip does lead me to believe that the Nexus must have a roleblocker or an alternative power role. In a game of 20, unless there are multiple factions, or a large Nexus group (I know Mike said he thought there were 5 earlier, but what if there are more?) I think that the scum must have power beyond being all goons.

Especially with the mechanics in the previous game, I think this will be a finely balanced game, so yes, I can see there being a roleblocker for the Nexus, maybe more.

What do you think Ron?

• Paid Members

brownie, they likely have a relatively strong scum group, but if there is more than 5 then the game's balanced badly. If it was 6 it would mean 6 correct lynches to win, but only 4 mislynches to lose. (4 missed lynches, 4 night kills, and then we hit day with 6 on each side meaning we lose) With 5 it balances correctly, so I'm not going to consider more than 5 scum at this stage (if it turns out there are, the mod needs a slap).

The scum may have a roleblocker, it depends really. Though if there's no vote stealing ability or double voting ability, I urge the mod to take greater care when putting the vote counts together.

• Paid Members
Question time!

Triple A - You named your top 5 suspect list early in the game as Nexus, me, LOTM, insert name here and Mike Castle (in that order). How have your opinions changed on these posters since then?

Well Nexus, INH, and LOTM pretty much faded into obscurity so it's hard to form an opinion on them now. I'm still unsure about you, but not moreso than anyone else.

Mike however reeks of scum after his claim of it being bad to vote for you, then refusing to say why. Scum are now fully aware thanks to him that you may hold some importance to the town, so you'll be a target regardless. It doesn't really matter if he tells us because -

1. Scum will know you're important to town now anyway

2. It's already out there somewhere for everyone to see

Nobody in their right mind would declare another town member "bad to vote for" and refuse to say why. Awful play and i'm surprised you of all people Ron isn't bothered by it, especially if you do have a power role.

• Paid Members

Triple A, I'm not going to uote what you said for obvious reasons, but I can't really dwell on it as - whether it's true or not - it puts me at risk in a way. I think Mike just meant something I said rather than actually referring to anything special, but even if he meant that there's no point prolonging that issue. I can only go on as normal.

Especially with the mechanics in the previous game, I think this will be a finely balanced game, so yes, I can see there being a roleblocker for the Nexus, maybe more.

What do you think Ron?

I don't know to be honest. TheRandySavage's death confuses me, perhaps the scum actually did target him and through a series of coincidences he wound up dead, I dunno. But it certainly seems to me as though there should have been another death last night.

I do have this worry.

From the Mafia Wiki:

The leader of a mafia group, they are responsible for sending in the night kill information to the moderator. They can communicate with their group outside of the thread to help decide who to kill each night before sending a private message with the name of their target and who is to carry out the kill to the moderator. Sometimes The Godfather will be allowed to recruit new members but doing so usually forgoes the night kill. If investigated by a Cop, The Godfather comes up town-aligned, though this can change either when one member of his crew is killed or all the other members are killed, depending on the moderator

• Paid Members

Ron, whilst an interesting thought, Snake stated that:

28) There are NO Jesters, Cults or John (Or Juan) Cena's in this game. Also there will be no surprise additions late in game.

Wouldn't cults lend itself to recruiting mafia?

• Paid Members
Ron, whilst an interesting thought, Snake stated that:

28) There are NO Jesters, Cults or John (Or Juan) Cena's in this game. Also there will be no surprise additions late in game.

Wouldn't cults lend itself to recruiting mafia?

I'm not sure to be honest. I wondered that while I contemplated the idea, but then thought that it technically isn't a cult, so maybe it could be a sneaky twist to things.

That said, it's probably unlikely bearing that rule in mind. Though not impossible.

Archived