Peep Show Series 7

WWFChilli

After the first episode, which I hated and bemoaned the churning out of Mitchell and Webb content, the series has picked up nicely. The last two episodes have been hilarious.

:)

Part of me still thinks they should have stopped after the wedding making that the end of Peep show forever... Mark and Jez back together.

They could have then waited a number of years before picking it back up due to excessive demand (which I suppose wouldn't have come)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting how people see stuff differently.

My brother and I both really enjoyed that episode. Funniest one since they went on a canal boat for Mark's stag do.

Episode 2 of this series in both our opinions was awful, mainly because it just retread over old ground.

Jeremy wants to impress a girl while lying. Check.

Jeremy has a new 'amazing' job he's got by dodgy circumstances. Check.

Jeremy wants to join Superhans band. Check.

Mark and the ill bloke go after Dobby. Check.

Nothing new and barely a laugh.

But Friday was brilliant.

Thought the 4th ep was the best of the series so far. The bit when Mark referred to himself as Jeremy's 'weird pizza butler' (or something similar) is the only joke of the series so far that made me laugh out loud without an accompanying cringe. And not the intended cringes due to the awkwardness of the situations, but cringes due to how self-parodic alot of the gags have become. The worst offender so far being Mark comparing teaching Jeremy to read to teaching a sheep to use an iPhone. Urgh.

An 8th & 9th series has been commissioned by Channel 4.

Great news. While I didn't like the first episode, these last three have been have improved on it incrementally. Episode 4 is my favourite of the lot so far. This series certainly won't be hailed as the best of bunch when it's all said and done, but the worst of Peep Show is still better than any series of My Family or similar mainstream toss.

I thought Fridays episode was brilliant. So simple in its set up, great lines and the back and forth banter between Jez & Mark was brilliant. You could see the loathe for each other shining through, trapped in a small space together with no way out.

I noticed a note on the door, and was hoping somewhere at the end it'd be a note that the door was jammed or something like that. Quite glad it wasn't.

Archived