Loki and Gladstone Small's Official Film Club

Loki

So, here's the deal. Each week we'll pick a film from the Terrestrial TV listings. Everyone who fancies it can watch it on tv, or off DVD at their leisure if they own it, and then once it's been on tv we can all review/discuss/criticise/argue away.

We'll also recommend a secondary bunch of films for the weeks as well that are worth watching.

So, this week:

Unforgiven

Clint Eastwood, 1992

eastwood_at_80-p3.jpg

ITV4 Weds 11.20 pm

Clint Eastwood's dark western which won him his first Best Director Oscar.

This Week's Recommendations

Heartbreak Ridge Channel 5 Thurs 9pm

The Omen E4 Thurs 11pm

Matchstick Men ITV Fri 2.30am

The Day The Earth Stood Still More4 Fri 11.30am

Cabin Fever Film4 Fri 10.40pm

Conquest of the Planet Of The Apes Film4 Sat 2.10am

The Missouri Breaks ITV Sat 2.40am

• Paid Members
Good idea. I'll fire it onto the Sky+ later.

Quick question, is it just you two who choose the movies?

We'll be firing up the lists regularly*. You can trust us.

By the way, The Day The Earth Stood Still is the original good one, not the Keanu Reeves disaster.

* subject to change

• Moderators
Goddammit, Loki!

A Glade stone would probably smell quite nice though.

Unless it was like a kidney stone.

1186192200-9907_full.jpg

Try squeezing one of those out of your urethra. Still, every fifteen minutes there'd be a nice blast of perfume out of your helmet, so it's swings and roundabouts.

Will comment on the film itself once I have rewatched the movie but I do have one very distinct memory of when this film came out on video. One Summer holiday back from Uni my mates decided to take advantage of a friend's free house by having a lad's night. This being pre-Skins, pre-Facebook Party and us being nice middle class boys we decided on beers, curry and a proper bloke's film so headed off down to Blockbuster for Unforgiven. Our schoolboy error was not checking the tape in the box, Sister Act 2 was definitely not the right film for a lad's night.

Will comment on the film itself once I have rewatched the movie but I do have one very distinct memory of when this film came out on video. One Summer holiday back from Uni my mates decided to take advantage of a friend's free house by having a lad's night. This being pre-Skins, pre-Facebook Party and us being nice middle class boys we decided on beers, curry and a proper bloke's film so headed off down to Blockbuster for Unforgiven. Our schoolboy error was not checking the tape in the box, Sister Act 2 was definitely not the right film for a lad's night.

Pity about that, sounds like a cracking night otherwise and very civilised might I add.

• Paid Members
Goddammit, Loki!

A Glade stone would probably smell quite nice though.

Unless it was like a kidney stone.

1186192200-9907_full.jpg

Try squeezing one of those out of your urethra. Still, every fifteen minutes there'd be a nice blast of perfume out of your helmet, so it's swings and roundabouts.

I feel the longer this discussion goes on, the more likely the chance is that Neil will go one of his name-changing adventures. This isn't going to end well.

Archived