UKFF Awards 2010 - RESULTS ANNOUNCED

tiger_rick

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the existing list but think a 'Best Show on UK Soil' or 'Best British Event' is worth adding. It's only one more award for the BritWres scene, and not an obscure award.

I like the Performance of the Year award and think it makes perfect sense.

Something for the talking:

Promo of the Year (serious)

One-Liner of the Year (funny) - although, who gives a fuck really when we already have funniest moment.

I like the idea of a Best Non-wrestler too.

• Paid Members

I don't agree that 'Best Individual Performance' and 'Greatest Moment' are too similar and would like to see both kept. Thought 'Best Individual Performance' was a nice little addition last year, don't see that they should really overlap provided people get the meaning/context. Nexus' Raw destruction debut or Shawn Michaels' retirement would be clear contenders for 'Moment' whereas something like Michael Cole on NXT, Jerry Lawler in his WWE title TLC match, a Miz or Cena promo would be examples of something considered for 'Individual Performance' which wouldn't fit elsewhere and would be cool to acknowledge. Really hope both stay.

Also, please don't ditch 'Biggest Anti-Climax' this year either. There's so many contenders for that award for 2010.

Wouldn't say anything needs to be added though either, nothing comes to mind anyway.

Why not for both: "Most Improved" and leave it at that. If you think its an actual in-ring worker fine, if you think its Josh Matthews or someone also fine?

I think the awards look fine the way they are but if one of them has to be dropped the only one I'm not a big fan of is:

Breakout Star of 2009

Which looks good on paper but often ends up a bit disappointing. If that was replaced by 'Most Improved' or 'Most Underrated' I wouldn't mind although I think they could end up covering the same ground anyway.

I still think if a worst is good for one thing, it should be good for all, including British and MMA.

Don't follow either but I agree with your logic. If you can reward the top MMA fights, there must be some stinkers as well.

Isn't Best Individual Performance just going to be a toss up between Best Wrestler, Best Babyface and Best Heel?

Best Individual Performance was my idea last year. The theory was you nominate someone based purely on one skit/match/interview. If someone carried another wrestler to a great match: nominate him etc. Chris Masters was top 3 based on one skit.

Having said that, we have too many catagories. Perhaps this one should be cut.

I don't know about that. I quite liked your idea, brownie. As an example here were my nominations from last year:

Here are my Top Twelve. In case anyone wants to check them out I've added the relevant dates...

1. Randy Orton

• Paid Members

Awards now live. I went with best non-wrestler. I considered dropping some of the others but decided to give them another go. I didn't go with worst of Britwres because we tried it last year and there wasn't much support except for worst wrestler but I think the shitarse stuff covers it anyway.

Archived