The Dark Knight Rises Official Thread

liverpool1

• Paid Members

Did manage to have a read, AFte all the riddler hype im a bit dissapointed, although am very much looking forward to seeing who the new bad guy is, mainly as they're going for a "realistic" approach with the baddies. So no mr freeze, Man-bat, killer croc etc etc.

Will be interesting,

• Paid Members

According to AICN casting notes have gone out for the female lead for The Dark Knight Rises, leading the fanboys to go into meltdown over whether it's going to be Harlequin (Which would work off the back of The Joker in TDK) or Catwoman.

• Paid Members
Did manage to have a read, AFte all the riddler hype im a bit dissapointed, although am very much looking forward to seeing who the new bad guy is, mainly as they're going for a "realistic" approach with the baddies. So no mr freeze, Man-bat, killer croc etc etc.

Will be interesting,

Big bloke with a skin disease? They could do any of the villains by a slim few that needs a over the top approach like Man-Bat. If you see that Mortal Kombat trailer thingy with Reptile being a harlequin baby then you will get what I mean.

I would love a 18 rated Batman with Black-Mask as the main bad guy but can't see that happening.

What about the possibility of Two Face returning? I've always liked the theory of them faking Dent's death so Gotham wouldnt see what he has become and he's actually locked away in Arkham or somewhere else. Maybe he escapes and thats what leads to Batman returning. I reckon Catwoman or Harley Quinn will be involved as well.

• Paid Members

Will be interesting,

Big bloke with a skin disease? They could do any of the villains by a slim few that needs a over the top approach like Man-Bat. If you see that Mortal Kombat trailer thingy with Reptile being a harlequin baby then you will get what I mean.

I would love a 18 rated Batman with Black-Mask as the main bad guy but can't see that happening.

Yeah i did see that, although wouldnt he have to be a halequin body builder or something? I reckon they could do a realistic Bane, but im not 100% sure many others could be pulled off without ruining the "atmosphere". If that makes any sense?

Catwomen might be a good shout, although sombody mentioned penquin the other day, and i think if done in a batman returns style, it'd be a good one.

• Paid Members

With Nolan saying no to The Riddler (I reckon that'll be the fourth, once The Joker has faded from memory after 3) I can really see The Penguin being utilised.

I thought Nolan had desires quite early on for The Penguin, even before The Dark Knight, and wasn't he keen on Phillip Seymour Hoffman playing the role?

I can sortt of see Penguin as more of a mafia type don, the American in power (governer of somewhere etc) that is the true brains behind the outfits we have seen mafia wise, the real American dollar behind the Italian street level gangsters, known in the public eye by a real name, but only referred to in the criminal fraternity as The Penguin playing on his emperor status. With the crime belt taking a walloping by Batman, a crazed lunatic Joker and the de-corruption of the police force under James Gordon, he needs to reassert his powers of criminality onto Gotham City. This could allow for a Joker assassination at the beginning of the film as the first step towards regaining control.

Other than that, by the title alone, it could be once again a Christian Bale only vehicle, telling the story of his attempts to regain faith from the citizens of Gotham, but that'd bore me ;)

• Paid Members
I'd put my money on it being The Penguin too at the moment, portrayed pretty much as per TMS's post above. I think that could be really good.

I agree with this. I also liked the suggestion someone made a while back of perhaps The Penguin being portrayed as some kind of gentleman thief, by someone like, say, Alan Rickman.

What I'm actually hoping for is Bane - I'd like to see a character traditionally portrayed with superpowers in comics being given a real-life rationale. Perhaps a Nolan-style Bane could be simply a highly intelligent, but also highly psychotic, steroid freak with body dysmorphia, narcissistic schizophrenia or clinical megalomania, or even all three! Utterly insane, but near-inhumanly strong and cunning enough to pose a serious problem for Batman.

• Paid Members

ARGH!!! Pissed off about this. Both Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt were both confirmed to be very interested, and that Nolan was interested in the BOTH being in the film. I was certain Joe would be The Riddler!

Is it just me that thinks thats not going to be the real title? Just can't see them using a title that similar to the last film.

With Nolan saying no to The Riddler (I reckon that'll be the fourth, once The Joker has faded from memory after 3) I can really see The Penguin being utilised.

Hasn't Nolan already said this one will be the final film of the series?

• Paid Members

Hasn't Nolan already said this one will be the final film of the series?

He also said Batman Begins wouldn't have a sequel. I truly think once Nolan's creative juices start flowing with ideas for a Riddler character, he'll write a 4th. I sincerly feel he wants to complete the image he had in mind for Bruce Wayne's journey first now, in a way The Joker just segued into the story as a catalyst for what was Batters becoming a fugitive and hated by Gotham, which is what we'll see in 3 no doubt.

Archived