football manager 2011

Flash

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got the game today, where's the best place to find all the kits, logo's, stadium backgrounds etc? I've had a look on google and can't really find anything, I assume theres a dedicated forum everyone gets it from but i cant find it.

cheers!

Highlights so far (having been bought fm for xmas);

Tottenham

First season; won Champions League and FA Cup, semi-final of the League Cup and finished seventh in the premier league. Despite winning the freaking Champions League the players were still all kicking off about under-achieving and pretty much lost the dressing room. Started the second season poorly with a dressing room i'd pretty much lost (all requesting transfers) so resigned, took over Everton and finished second in the league. Board didn't give me any money, was rumoured that i'd take over the Chelsea job so I, again, resigned and applied for the Chelsea job. I didn't get it.

Southampton

Blitzed the first season, murdered league one and got promoted. Board gave me naff all money yet still managed to get together a fit team in my second season (Graham Stack/Derek Geary/Stelios Kyrgiakos/Jose Fonte/Marcos Alonso/Olivier Kapo/Eidur Gudjohnsen/Teemu Tainio/Andros Townsend/Leon Best/Febian Brandy - Ben Alnwick/Martin Kelly/Danny Shittu/Michael Tonge/Adam Lallana/Jason Puncheon/Rickie Lambert) who, for some reason, played absolutely horse shit and I gave up in a strop.

Blackpool

Currently I am manager of Blackpool with as good a side as I could possibly put together (Joe Lewis/Alex Baptiste/Dekel Keinan/Craig Cathcart/Danny Mathijssen/Ousmane Dabo/Charlie Adam/Darren Pratley/Elliot Grandin/DJ Campbell/Marlon Harewood - Richard Knigson/Neil Eardley/Jody Craddock/Ludovic Sylvestre/Matt Phillips/Brett Ormerod/Steve Howard) and I am finding it so fucking hard, and frustrating, to try and keep this bloody shower up. Haven't been battered (well, got fucked 8 - 1 in the cup to bloody Wolves with my second string out) but my league form is currently L-W-D-D-L-L. I'll be grey by the time this is over.

Its ok mate glad I could help also as you're a newcastle fan you will want to go on the sigames forums & download the latest data update in the editors hideaway that Forbsie has done cos Newcastle start off with 30m

Just starting the 2017/18 season still in charge of Havant & Waterlooville, having taken them from Blue Square South to the dizzying heights of the Championship. New stadium being built (after 3 seasons of sellouts), and ready for a tough season after losing my star midfielder to an outrageously high bid from Blackburn (damn Boardroom). Any advice on how to get more shots on target, seem to be having 15+ shots with only 4 or 5 on target and as a consequence, losing games due to "profligacy"?

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any tips...every team i've been so far, my home form is absolutely shocking, i literally hardly ever win at home, usually beat Wigan and Blackpool, but thats about it, been all premier league sides so far like.

Im decent away, thats not a problem, but it's really fucking pissing me off not being able to win at home, i've tried loads of tweaks and stuff, and like i say ive been 6 or 7 different teams and i still have the same problem all the time.

The main key to this game is morale. Keep praising up the players and keep those private chats positive all the time. The importance of morale on the game is stupid really, you can easily get under performing clubs up to champions league football in the first season as long as everyone's morale is very good - superb. Failing that, get yourself over to the FM Base forums, they have tactics and training set ups ready to download, but at the same time takes some of the fun out of the game.

On my most recent games there's been a couple of occasions where the game makes me play league games despite my having more than a dozen players away on international duty. Up to now I've just put up with it since the opposing side is usually equally depleted but on this occasion I'm left without any eligible goalkeeper against Man City, who probably have the best second string on the game.

Is there any way around this? I remember the old games had a feature that enabled you to request postponements but I think that's long gone. Could really do without getting tonked at this point in the season.

On my most recent games there's been a couple of occasions where the game makes me play league games despite my having more than a dozen players away on international duty. Up to now I've just put up with it since the opposing side is usually equally depleted but on this occasion I'm left without any eligible goalkeeper against Man City, who probably have the best second string on the game.

Is there any way around this? I remember the old games had a feature that enabled you to request postponements but I think that's long gone. Could really do without getting tonked at this point in the season.

No there isn't at the minute but it is being looked in to. I regularly have saves where I'm playing matches every other day, and on my Rangers save ended up playing 3 games in 3 days. It is unrealistic and frustrating as hell when all of your first team players are completely knackered and have to come off injured after 5 minutes because their fitness level is like 40%. There's the new patch out next week, and the final patch for this version too so I'm expecting some quite a few fixes.

• 2 months later...

I am on the FM bandwagon as well and spent two seasons in Portugal winning the domestic treble twice with Benfica, then moved to Juventus (taking some players with me) and just about won the title in the first season although Italy really is a difficult league but somehow managed to pull it off and after one season I am now at Man City where I have made a strong start in the league although am in the Europa League as they finished 6th in the previous season and got in through fair-play I think.

Very enjoyable though and will probably stay at Man City a few years and maybe go to Spain if I do a good job, then after that who knows.

Archived