football manager 2011

Flash

For me, SI Games got it wrong when they decided to try and make IN DEPTH DETAILED football mangement games and not fun ones.

I'm a busy man and would much rather spend an hour slamming through 20 games on CM 01/02 beating Man Utd 6-0 with my superior Leeds side on the way rather than spend an hour on FM coaching my players, setting their individual instructions, talking to their agents etc etc... It's like having a real job.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For me, SI Games got it wrong when they decided to try and make IN DEPTH DETAILED football mangement games and not fun ones.

I'm a busy man and would much rather spend an hour slamming through 20 games on CM 01/02 beating Man Utd 6-0 with my superior Leeds side on the way rather than spend an hour on FM coaching my players, setting their individual instructions, talking to their agents etc etc... It's like having a real job.

Completely agree, the Champ manager's of the mid to late 90's were perfect, however I guess they had to keep evolving the game to keep selling new copies.

I just this week bought the 2010 Iphone version of Football manager and am pleasantly surprised with it, a much simplified version of the PC version and a bit of a hark back to the old Champ Manager days.

exactly, I am all for realism but surely introducing the most annoying thing to managers - agents - is not a step in the right direction and is the main reason I havent purchased the game after playing the demo. All I want to do is build a top side and do a season every 3 or 4 days. Every release has a long, more in dept, less interesting pre season attached to it with loads of shit to trawl through and endure rather than enjoy, I am half tempted to get out the 2001 release, buy Luke Beckett for

Ultimate Soccer Manager used to be use up all of my time from the age of 9 on that game, can still remember everything about it.

It even used to let you bet on your own team to win to earn extra money, or on the opposition - but if the board find out that you bet on the other team you're in the shit. It even let you offer the opposition's manager a bung to throw the game.

I think I may actually have to buy a cheap copy of it now for the nostalgia of it, good times.

brought football manager 2011 today on my netbook, downloaded fine. when i go to open it the activation window comes up goes through the motions but then it says its encountened a problem and needs to stop.

any advice please

• 2 months later...

Are many people on here playing this?

I have really started to get into the game over the past few weeks, though I have mostly been creating new league structures, starting games then two or three seasons in realising I have over looked something, or not noticed that I have ballsed something up.

So what awesome goals have people been scoring so far? I think one of my best has to be this one from my current New York Cosmos game.

I have really started to get into the game over the past few weeks, though I have mostly been creating new league structures, starting games then two or three seasons in realising I have over looked something, or not noticed that I have ballsed something up.

So what awesome goals have people been scoring so far? I think one of my best has to be this one from my current New York Cosmos game.

I agree i love the game. I get hooked for hours and have finally found the perfect formation for me, only problem is i cant stop getting big injuries to my main players. Am i doing something in particular wrong to get away from these injuries?

Thanks

Lionel Messi scored this cracker for my Barcelona side against Real Madrid. Oh and Real Madrid are managed by fellow UKFF'er Gatso, he scored a similar goal against me the previous game at Camp Nou.

I agree i love the game. I get hooked for hours and have finally found the perfect formation for me, only problem is i cant stop getting big injuries to my main players. Am i doing something in particular wrong to get away from these injuries?

Thanks

I have been using the same formation for years that I created myself, but I have tweaked it with each new game that has been released. I like to play a 4-3-1-2, and I have had great success with it. I refuse to change it or try any other formation as I like mine that much.

Archived