football manager 2011

Flash

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had a problem at the start that when I clicked on random players it would freeze the game but I found out how to fix it on the forums done what they told me to do & had no problems since, Im currently Man Utd & doing really well so far.

you shouldnt have to find out on the forums though, the game should bloody work, simple as that, poor showing if it crashes randomly quite often, I cant be bothered with it this year, the only change I noticed on the demo was the agents and I dont think thats a positive change so Im out this year, first time since 93 or 94 too, I have bought several PCs primarily for FM or its earlier versions just so I had enough power to run the new version so its a massive change in attitude for me

I havn't had a single problem with the game so far. Installed perfectly as usual and has been the most smooth running FM I've played in years, patch updated a few things like the new Liverpool owners as such.

If anyones having problems with the game I can maybe help out try sort out the issues :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
Hundreds of people are having the issue of it crashing during a match day

Is that the issue of tabbing away from the game and back to windows while a match is going on? That's what I had during the Demo but the forum advice sorted it out for me.

No, it seems that when a team scores the game crashes, it's ridiculous!

• Paid Members

Have a look in c:/programfiles/steam/steamapps/common/fm2010/savegames or something similar. I can't remember off the top of my head the order of the folders, but you need steamapps and common to get through there. Then, copy the saves to a removable disk or something.

Have a look in c:/programfiles/steam/steamapps/common/fm2010/savegames or something similar. I can't remember off the top of my head the order of the folders, but you need steamapps and common to get through there. Then, copy the saves to a removable disk or something.

Hmm, all went well until the final step where i couldnt find saved games anywhere. However, in Documents, theres a Sports Interactive folder, inside theres a further folder entitled Football Manager 2010, once within there a several folders, one enticingly called 'games' and within its creamy centre are all of my saved games, the one in question is called 'Matt-Woking (backup).fm' (please dont steal my identity). Shall I copy this one onto some sort of floppy disk and go forth with the wiping and reinstallation of Windows?

• Paid Members

Yeah, copy that and then paste it in the same folder next time.

Sorry, the steamapps one is skins and suchlike, whereas save games are in my documents. Fail on my part there.

A memory stick or somesuch would be better than a floppy disk, but each to their own.

That should work, that's what I did.

Archived