WRESTLEZONE IRELAND

dazkeatz

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also have not been refunded and am now worried that the promoter will not refund me.

I sent a number of emails politely requesting my money back to which I was told I would be refunded soon but this happened over and over again. Some time later after asking him politely again, the promoter sent a very nasty email saying that if I didn't stop asking for my refund he wouldn't give it to me and that I would have to go to the rescheduled event instead. This was never part of the agreement, full refunds are offered on the site and I have the emails to prove that I never said I would go to the rescheduled event instead of a refund. It would appear unlikely that the rescheduled event will take place in April and no word from the promoter.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?If so how was the situation resolved?

• Paid Members
I also have not been refunded and am now worried that the promoter will not refund me.

I sent a number of emails politely requesting my money back to which I was told I would be refunded soon but this happened over and over again. Some time later after asking him politely again, the promoter sent a very nasty email saying that if I didn't stop asking for my refund he wouldn't give it to me and that I would have to go to the rescheduled event instead. This was never part of the agreement, full refunds are offered on the site and I have the emails to prove that I never said I would go to the rescheduled event instead of a refund. It would appear unlikely that the rescheduled event will take place in April and no word from the promoter.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?If so how was the situation resolved?

Just go to Trading Standards. If you've paid money I'm sure it loosely defines a contract and if they haven't help their end of the bargain then you are entitled to your money back.

Thanks for that. I think I'll have to do that because at the moment the promoter is not doing what they said they would and advertised. Even some of the talent advertised had disputes with him so I shouldn't be so surprised.

It's a pity though because it looked like a decent line-up especially when you consider this kind of thing is rare enough in Ireland.

Although it must be hard not to resist temptation to book early on these kind of events, I, personally could never pay such a sum of cash upfront to a promoter with no track record to speak of. Best policy is to wait until a few weeks before the event, maybe even less to make sure it's going ahead or turning up on the day.

Did the event that was meant to be in Chester ever happen, with Scott Steiner etc?

• 2 months later...

Archived